Love/Hate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think I’m going to re watch this over lockdown , what is everyone’s favourite seasons?
Season 3 for me, Robbie sheehan is amazing in this series and goes above and beyond.
i think for him to play a character so deeply flawed that we follow as he falls deeper and deeper ,and for the audience to still have some sort of sympathy towards him as he does some appalling things- is credit to his acting and the superb writing. I remember crying at the last episode of that season.
it was remarkable and so shocking. The whole series works up towards that moment and it doesn’t disappoint. The whole range of emotions that you feel as you watch it is like a rollercoaster.
The first episode of the season is harrowing and I find parts hard to watch, but the whole cast are just first class.
I really was rooting for Darren, he was the character we all wanted another ending for, we wanted him to go off and leave that life and with every scene we are all wanting that redemption for him.
i know some people don’t like Love/ Hate as when I mentioned it on another thread they said it had encouraged violence in Dublin. I felt so naive and ignorant to this, I’m from England and we don’t hear much of the violence over there, but for me, it showed the horror of gang culture in all its gritty realness. Not one character had a happy ending and I didn’t find it glamorous, I found it hard to watch at times actually- but the writing and acting were just off the scale and I always tell people to watch it if they can. In my opinion it’s the best series, it’s stations above Peaky Blinders.
I like all the seasons, but season 1-3 was the peak for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I watched this years ago and thought it was phenomenal. It was my first time watching an Irish series (I’m Scottish) but I agree with everything the poster above said. Robbie Sheehan, Aiden Gillen, Tom Vaughan-Lawlor and Charlie Murphy are incredibly talented

• Heart
Oh yay I can’t wait to binge watch this there is so many story lines I have forgotten about !😍

Reactions: 3
This is my favourite series ever, I've rewatched it many times, I like how few episodes in a series keeps you wanting for more, you never know who is safe, some have been really shocking, Darren good eye candy, but my fave was Tommy, closely followed by Fran and nidge, I've also tried to watch peaky blinders twice, couldn't get into at all, no comparison on love hate .

• Heart
We are rewatching at the moment. I had forgotten so much of it.
We are at the part where the IRA are now looking for Nidges help to bring in guns.
My favorite part is Trish and Nidges wedding. Cracks me up every time.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We are at the part where the IRA are now looking for Nidges help to bring in guns.
The bit where they do that dance down the aisle! 😂😂😂 I love the series so much!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
My favourite episode 😂❤When John boy and Hughie turn up 😂👏🏼

I really liked the wedding, but what about when John boys brother said, this gun ain't loaded, really wasn't expected that!!!

Reactions: 2
I rewatched this a few weeks ago, hadn't seen it in years. Amazing show. I don't remember Nidge and Trishes wedding being so cringe the first time I watched it? When nidge did the cartwheel down the aisle I had to look away

• Haha
I rewatched this a few weeks ago, hadn't seen it in years. Amazing show. I don't remember Nidge and Trishes wedding being so cringe the first time I watched it? When nidge did the cartwheel down the aisle I had to look away
Hahah it’s so funny! I always laugh when Nidge gets herpes too! His facial expressions are so funny!

I also love Fran ‘Iv got a bone to pick with you!’

• Haha
It still stands as the best series iv ever watched
Darren was probably my favourite character. He was so flawed but he really struggled with the things he did which redeemed him somewhat. Robbie sheehan played him perfectly. The whole script was so well written and the character development was so well done. It was a roller coaster of emotions, how one minute you could hate a character and then love them!
I very much had a love hate thing with Nidge!... God it was a fantastic series!

• Heart
I loved Darren, but did you notice the disappearance of his facial hair in some scenes, then it was back again!
Also, wasn't some of the music different, I remember at the end of one episode in season 5, Nidge and Fran were sitting together in the pub and the original song was something about glue, bit of a jokey one?

I loved Darren, but did you notice the disappearance of his facial hair in some scenes, then it was back again!
Also, wasn't some of the music different, I remember at the end of one episode in season 5, Nidge and Fran were sitting together in the pub and the original song was something about glue, bit of a jokey one?
Hahha no I don't remember the changing of the facial hair! It gives me another excuse to watch it though!
I never noticed the music either!
Iv re watched it 3 times already 🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈 shows how observant I am.
But does anyone else see actors/ acresses on other programmes/ films and be like 'they were in love/hate!' Soooo many of them have done so well for themselves.

• Heart
Hahha no I don't remember the changing of the facial hair! It gives me another excuse to watch it though!
I never noticed the music either!
Iv re watched it 3 times already 🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈 shows how observant I am.
But does anyone else see actors/ acresses on other programmes/ films and be like 'they were in love/hate!' Soooo many of them have done so well for themselves.
My hubby noticed the hair, I was always looking at his eyes, gorgeous!!
Yes it good to spot them in other programmes, another fave series of mine is Happy Valley, the actress who played Siobhan was in that, she's changed her look now, I hardly recognized her!

Reactions: 1
@Upintheair83. Thank you so much! Blimey last post was 2020!

@Hope96 have you finished it yet, cant wait to hear your thoughts!
I found it difficult to get into at the start but honestly one of the best shows I have watched! I really liked Darren so his death was a difficult watch. I have a soft spot for Killian who played Tommy so Nidgey attacking him because he didn't get his dick wet with that married woman annoyed me. Fran was a bit of a loveable nutter so my heart broke for him at the end. Can't say I'm surprised about Nidge. He was ruthless (i.e., letting or causing the death of multiple women he's had sex with ew) and I suppose it makes sense for the majority of big players to die at the end. All in all, 5 stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Heart