Kiera-Rose

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The video was a bit odd and she seems so sad and lost :confused: It sounds like a lot is going on, but maybe a part-time job with a guaranteed income would help. I could be way off but it doesn't sound like their life is sustainable. I feel a bit depressed after watching it.

Reactions: 10
I just don't get why neither of them can't work a part/full time work in a shop. You go do your shift and forget about it as soon as you clock out. After a bit of experience, someone like Alex, could become a store supervisor/ shift manager/ team leader etc, which pays better. I've done all of this while doing a full time intense uni degree. I know Alex suffers from epilepsy, but I've had a couple colleagues who also do and could still sustain a full time job with a guaranteed income. Same goes to Kiera - is she embarrassed to do a "normal" or "unskilled" job like many others out there do?

Reactions: 3
I have no idea how they're surviving at this point. From her older videos it sounds like Alex is incapable of holding down a job for various reasons and if Kiera's still breastfeeding I can see why she'd want to stay at home, at least for the moment.

I hope things get better for them soon.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Routine is something all humans need, and it seems to me like there’s a lack of it in their lives and will be a lack of it in Lana’s life.

Nobody likes working, but, getting up at 4am and coming home at 5pm every day gives me routine. Someone else doing a 9-3, or someone doing an 8-5 have the same experience as I: routine.

Them both being virtually unemployed and Kiera no longer really making videos and giving up on getting her Instagram account back means they’ve lost a source of income and a source of routine.

I don’t like my job, I hate working, but I know that if I didn’t do my job I’d lose my routine and then lose my mental health in the process. Even the richest people have some form of routine; I think Kiera could easily do a part time job even with breast feeding, she could express it or she could ask her employer to accommodate her hours to suit.

The issue is that they both sound like they have poor mental health and have lost motivation to do anything besides frollock about and take care of Lana. I don’t think it’s a good long-term lifestyle that they’ve been living. I don’t understand why people closer to them haven’t said anything.

Reactions: 9
I agree that the new video is very depressing.
I also found it strange that she said she was surprised her income had dropped after her instagram had been deleted. What did she expect? Her business is nothing groundbreaking. Of course her following is the main reason it stays afloat. I feel like stopping making videos for youtube was a bad idea, and now she's lost her instagram too.

How does everyone feel about her photography skills? I honestly really like her photos (I'm not an expert at all though haha) and maybe she should lean more into it.

Reactions: 5
Routine is something all humans need, and it seems to me like there’s a lack of it in their lives and will be a lack of it in Lana’s life.

Nobody likes working, but, getting up at 4am and coming home at 5pm every day gives me routine. Someone else doing a 9-3, or someone doing an 8-5 have the same experience as I: routine.

Them both being virtually unemployed and Kiera no longer really making videos and giving up on getting her Instagram account back means they’ve lost a source of income and a source of routine.

I don’t like my job, I hate working, but I know that if I didn’t do my job I’d lose my routine and then lose my mental health in the process. Even the richest people have some form of routine; I think Kiera could easily do a part time job even with breast feeding, she could express it or she could ask her employer to accommodate her hours to suit.

The issue is that they both sound like they have poor mental health and have lost motivation to do anything besides frollock about and take care of Lana. I don’t think it’s a good long-term lifestyle that they’ve been living. I don’t understand why people closer to them haven’t said anything.
This is so spot on.

Me and my husband often say if we won the lottery (we’d need to play first) that we couldn’t just do nothing because we had millions. We’d still need to work or volunteer to give us routine and some self worth.

I had my first baby in 2019. Having worked for 15+ years I HATED losing my routine, that was the hardest part for me. I remember crying because my husband was leaving for work and I wanted to too. Having a baby is hard as it is but it turns your world upside down. Having breastfed also, that isn’t an excuse not to work. As baby goes onto food and gets older they feed more efficiently and therefore less often. The first time I left my daughter for the day she was just 2, due to lockdowns we’d never been apart and I was so anxious about her routine and nap time but she was fine. Lana would adapt if Kiera did work.

And if she pursued photography Lana could sometimes go too to lessen the time apart. I think sometimes it’s easier to just hide away from the world but it’s not healthy and makes you feel worse ultimately.

Reactions: 6
It does seem to me like they need a reality check. Mental health issues are no excuse (/reason) not to work and to lay about on the dole, whilst going on about being broke. Keira is perfectly capable of having a job and would do really well in a social media or marketing role but since she’s never had a real job (I don’t think?) she probably thinks she doesn’t need to.
Sitting at home all day makes your small problems seem much bigger. They need context and to see the bigger picture and realise the world is bigger than you and your woes and going out to work gives you that.

Not at all tempted to watch that depressing video- is it Keira and Alex having neighbour issues or her mum? Wonder what on earth that could be? They’re renting though, why not look for another place to live? (Yes I know that’s easier said than done but it’s not like they own the place and are stuck there.)

Reactions: 2
She also said in the video she wanted to be pregnant again by now which seems crazy given their financial/mental health situation. Alex seems to do very little to help with Lana (or at least this is what she portrays) so can’t imagine her with a toddler AND a newborn

• Wow
Not at all tempted to watch that depressing video- is it Keira and Alex having neighbour issues or her mum? Wonder what on earth that could be? They’re renting though, why not look for another place to live? (Yes I know that’s easier said than done but it’s not like they own the place and are stuck there.)
It's Kiera and Alex's home.
She said it'd taken her 7 years for it to feel like "home" (furniture, decor etc) so I assume she would find it very difficult to just abandon it like that.

I feel really bad for Alex. Because of his mental and physical health problems he can't have a consistent job AND also can't take care of Lana. It must affect him mentally and make him feel useless etc

• Heart
As much as it’s true that you can never be truly ready for a baby/second baby, it’s also true that you shouldn’t irresponsibly bring a second child into the world when your life is in as much upheaval/chaos as she has described. It comes across as quite selfish actually.

I found the update a bit sad. She seems lost, unsure of a way forward. It’s clear she feels like the main caregiver/income for the family unit.

Sad that is sounds like Alex Is struggling.
I do wonder though how much longer can they continue like this..

having lost majority of income seems hard, but also don’t think either Kiera or Alex does anything to really help themselves. I hope they allow Lana to mix with other kids, as they strike me as a couple that would prefer to live off the grid, but will impact Lana.

Alex has Crohn’s disease which can be debilitating but if it’s well managed then there’s no reason why you can live a perfectly normal life most of the time,

As much as it’s true that you can never be truly ready for a baby/second baby, it’s also true that you shouldn’t irresponsibly bring a second child into the world when your life is in as much upheaval/chaos as she has described. It comes across as quite selfish actually.
To be fair she did say that it would be a bad time to have a second child now so I don't think she is planning to any time soon. She just said that she had planned to be pregnant again by now, before things started going downhill

Reactions: 4
Alex has Crohn’s disease which can be debilitating but if it’s well managed then there’s no reason why you can live a perfectly normal life most of the time,
My Nan has it, she worked until she was 70 - almost 10 years ago, and retired due to other illnesses. So it’s definitely not an excuse to be unemployed imo.

Reactions: 4
True but he also has epilepsy, mental health issues and lost his dad recently. I also don't think it was his choice to be made redundant and struggle to find another job. I think it's understandable that he's struggling. Plus I get the impression Kiera doesn't involve him very much with Lana which can't help.

^ whilst I agree with the former points, should Kiera have to involve him with Lana? It is his daughter after all, he should just do it without being asked.

it’s also a case of we only see what’s shown, he could be more hands on with her than we think

True but he also has epilepsy, mental health issues and lost his dad recently. I also don't think it was his choice to be made redundant and struggle to find another job. I think it's understandable that he's struggling. Plus I get the impression Kiera doesn't involve him very much with Lana which can't help.
If he’s had a lot of time off then he’ll be top of the list when redundancies come along. That’s just how it is in the private sector.

I feel for them both, but They also strike me as lazy. Whilst I do agree they are going through a lot, they don’t help themselves either.

Reactions: 9
^ whilst I agree with the former points, should Kiera have to involve him with Lana? It is his daughter after all, he should just do it without being asked.

it’s also a case of we only see what’s shown, he could be more hands on with her than we think
True- I always kind of assumed that Kiera was actively stopping him from being involved because she seems so clingy with Lana but yeah could be that she hasn't had much choice or, as you say, that he's more involved than we see!

Reactions: 2
True- I always kind of assumed that Kiera was actively stopping him from being involved because she seems so clingy with Lana but yeah could be that she hasn't had much choice or, as you say, that he's more involved than we see!
I remember her saying stuff like „I can’t take a shower, because I can’t leave the (then) baby alone for that long“ and we discussed on here, that she not even leaves L to A for the 5 min a shower lasts. (Maybe 15, with that glorious amount of hair tbf) I think, that’s what manifested our believe on here, she wants to stay the single one responsible for childcare.