Kiera-Rose

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watching the video. It makes sense why she’s pushing little doe more now that she’s said one month they couldn’t pay their rent. She’s obviously been scared by that and hopefully had a bit of sense knocked in to her? How long were people on this thread saying when Alex was unemployed she should have been getting on with little doe?

Reactions: 3
For some bizarre reason she made a point of not saying what he’s working at. I doubt they have any stalkers that will go to his work 😄
Surely Lana is old enough now for Kiera to go get herself a job if they’re struggling- Alex has a real health problem and she could surely take the pressure off him and go out and work and he can be a stay at home dad?
I reckon she’s pure old fashioned and thinks that she shouldn’t have to work now that she has a kid, that her job is to rear the childer and he’s to go out and work. Never understood why she didn’t work anyway, even before Lana, they’re always broke. Why live like that when she’s capable of working- does anyone ever remember her having a job outside of YouTube??

Reactions: 11
She really, really needs to get a job, even part time in a shop, until Little Doe picks up or something. It's a horrible situation right now for so many people and I appreciate she wants to be there for Lana but when you can oat your rent and you're the healthiest of the couple, just do it.
I feel bad for them but I don't think she helps the situation (and I do like Kiera).

I agree with an earlier comment as well, who is her channel appealing to? Who is her audience? It's sadly not me anymore, and she's not doing anything to bring people in. With her subscriber count she could bring in a decent income.

For some bizarre reason she made a point of not saying what he’s working at. I doubt they have any stalkers that will go to his work 😄
Surely Lana is old enough now for Kiera to go get herself a job if they’re struggling- Alex has a real health problem and she could surely take the pressure off him and go out and work and he can be a stay at home dad?
I reckon she’s pure old fashioned and thinks that she shouldn’t have to work now that she has a kid, that her job is to rear the childer and he’s to go out and work. Never understood why she didn’t work anyway, even before Lana, they’re always broke. Why live like that when she’s capable of working- does anyone ever remember her having a job outside of YouTube??
I think she says her anxiety is why she doesn't work? I could be wrong though. But I've been watching her for years and I've never heard her mention a job!
I find her so lazy if I'm honest and I always did even when she was in her prime. Because she would talk about them having no money and the big old elephant in the room really was "well why don't you get a job?" I wonder if she's on PIP or something like that, but then she never talks about benefits like universal credit or job seekers, so I wonder if it's something long term she has in place. But ever since they moved into the new place I've been curious, because I imagine it's from the council but I didn't really understand what reason they had to move, other than for medical reasons.

Reactions: 4
I also dont understand why she wouldnt be going out to work and letting Alex stay at home with Lana and work on Little Doe, unless there's a concern that he will have an epileptic episode (apologies if thats the wrong terminology) whilst he's looking after Lana?

I also dont understand why she wouldnt be going out to work and letting Alex stay at home with Lana and work on Little Doe, unless there's a concern that he will have an epileptic episode (apologies if thats the wrong terminology) whilst he's looking after Lana?
Yes. Obvs I don't know either of them, but someone with active epilepsy should not be left alone with a child. My partner's epilepsy has certainly made work difficult for him at times, and to be honest, difficult for me too--we went through a period where he would have seizures at work every other week and I'd have to leave my own job to fetch him and then care for him. I'm fortunate that my boss was understanding but a lot wouldn't be. It's one of the reasons we've never added a baby to the mix as financially it would get very tough (it must be really hard to want to have kids in that kind of scenario). Self-employment is definitely the best option if it's feasible. It has to be something that actually makes money, though--bits of jewellery are never going to pay anyone's rent.

Reactions: 6
Is it normal to use a buggy to stop a toddler getting to the stairs? Most people I know have a baby gate as soon as their baby becomes even slightly mobile.

Yes. Obvs I don't know either of them, but someone with active epilepsy should not be left alone with a child. My partner's epilepsy has certainly made work difficult for him at times, and to be honest, difficult for me too--we went through a period where he would have seizures at work every other week and I'd have to leave my own job to fetch him and then care for him. I'm fortunate that my boss was understanding but a lot wouldn't be. It's one of the reasons we've never added a baby to the mix as financially it would get very tough (it must be really hard to want to have kids in that kind of scenario). Self-employment is definitely the best option if it's feasible. It has to be something that actually makes money, though--bits of jewellery are never going to pay anyone's rent.
Thank you for responding! That must have been really tough, i hope your partner is doing better these days.

Reactions: 1
Thing is Alex isn't safe to be left with the child or to work or to drive... I think it's time for Keira to pack it in, accept that she is alone in this parenting game and move back to her parents house so she can provide for her child and have help.
Also shocked to hear rent issues addressed, as most youtubers she should have been on a housing ladder by now, she's been doing it long enough. Its surprisingly irresponsible, I'd think someone like her would be trying to own a property, no matter how small or rundown, ASAP to have her crunchy crusty little corner where she can put up walls and stop the world coming in. And then trying for a nother kid.. shockingly irresponsible, what with Alex there. Who's going to help her?! 🙄 Lord she has lost her mind since having the baby.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thing is Alex isn't safe to be left with the child or to work or to drive... I think it's time for Keira to pack it in, accept that she is alone in this parenting game and move back to her parents house so she can provide for her child and have help.
People with disabilities and health conditions can be amazing parents. There can be limitations, but that doesn't mean Kiera is alone or should move in with her mum. Alex is still a parent and he's also able to work. He just needs a suitable workplace that actually respect their employees and follow the equality act (just like we all do). Having said that, even if he wasn't able to work because of a long term condition or disability, that also wouldn't make him any less of a parent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
People with disabilities and health conditions can be amazing parents. There can be limitations, but that doesn't mean Kiera is alone or should move in with her mum. Alex is still a parent and he's also able to work. He just needs a suitable workplace that actually respect their employees and follow the equality act (just like we all do). Having said that, even if he wasn't able to work because of a long term condition or disability, that also wouldn't make him any less of a parent.
Yeah, people with disabilities can be amazing parents but Alex cannot be left responsible for a baby all day every day whilst Kiara works outside the home. That's what's been already said, so if she moves in with a parent who CAN look after the baby, she could then work?? It's been established that Alex is struggling with work and health, Kinrara mentioning they having issues with money and now rent??
This isn't an attack on disabled people, dont make it out to be. This is pointing out that they are setting themselves up for failure. Unless Kiara will give in and send little one to daycare, or allow family to watch her, they will continue to struggle to make rent.

I would imagine Kieras parents are still working full time themselves tbh, they dont strike me as being well off enough to retire early etc.
I understand the frustration though, they've always planned to have multiple kids and his conditions are not new, there's long term planning for babies but not for financial security - she's only just starting little doe up really and lanas over 1, it sucks but wouldnt you return to work sooner? Lots of people who work outside the home have to return before a year because of money, self-employed people in my experience are back sooner. Has Alex ever mentioned retraining or going to college to try and get a career where he might have more flexibility?
Editing just to say: that came off as super unsympathetic and ofc its not as simple as 'he should just retrain' with disabilities, its just frustrating that they are still youngish people and he's changed jobs a lot so why the rush to have a baby when things have never been that stable. His workplaces should of course be following reasonable adjustments and he shouldnt have to worry that his disability would impact his job, but sadly due to his conditions it might be that his time off in the past has reached a point where even reasonable adjustments cant enable him to continue being employed if he's still missing a lot of work. I really hope that hasnt been whats happened as that would be horribly demoralising, even if it is legal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I like Kiera, but it’s very very clear to me that she was a very specific image in her head of the sort of mother she wants to be, and I think she’d do anything rather than give that up. She doesn’t want any sort of regular job and won’t get one - I think she’d much rather go into arrears/debt/bankruptcy/living with family than give up on the dream of attachment parenting, several children, homeschooling exactly as she had imagined it.

There’s something I find quite inspirational and admirable about people who don’t seem to care about making money, but when you have children I believe it’s part of the responsibility of being a parent to work hard and provide a secure and stable home for them if it’s within your means and capability. I honestly think Alex tries his best but is very limited at the moment career-wise with his mental and physical health issues, and domestically by Kiera refusing to budge an inch on the attachment parent stuff - whilst I accept that Alex might not be safe to look after Lana completely alone, she could definitely relinquish some of the control if she wanted to, I’m sure. It’s actually quite selfish of her to act like it’s beneath her to work and support her family, as if there’ll always be someone else (the state? Family?) to fall back on.

Let’s be realistic here, Alex isn’t the only other person in the world who could mind Lana if Kiera worked.
Family could be with him if she worked weekends or even during the week- he could visit his own or her family or friends.
Also there are such things as crèches, babysitters etc, which, granted cost money but other people make it work. And I’m sorry but don’t have children if you can’t afford to pay bills and/ or don’t have a stable income from somewhere.
In saying that, doesn’t she get a small fortune from patreons for doing sweet bug all? She could easily tap into that and rip people off encourage more people to “support” her.

Let’s be realistic here, Alex isn’t the only other person in the world who could mind Lana if Kiera worked.
Family could be with him if she worked weekends or even during the week- he could visit his own or her family or friends.
Also there are such things as crèches, babysitters etc, which, granted cost money but other people make it work. And I’m sorry but don’t have children if you can’t afford to pay bills and/ or don’t have a stable income from somewhere.
In saying that, doesn’t she get a small fortune from patreons for doing sweet bug all? She could easily tap into that and rip people off encourage more people to “support” her.
I'm surprised she still has patreons tbh. Is anyone subscribed to her on there? Perhaps she actually regularly uploads content there tbh.

Reactions: 2
He did have a stable job pre-pandemic. It's been a tough year and a half for many people for many reasons and that 'sterilise the poor' attitude isn't helpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
He did have a stable job pre-pandemic. It's been a tough year and a half for many people for many reasons and that 'sterilise the poor' attitude isn't helpful.
And which sterilise the poor attitude are you on about? It’s called making sensible decisions 🙄

Please. Kiera isn't poor. She isn't trapped by low education or access to jobs. She just can't be assed to work and never has been.

Reactions: 17
Watched the latest video- I really don't see her going far with Little Doe. Who dose it appeal to outside of her followers? She hasn't created the designs herself (logo etc.) and whilst I think some of the jewellery pieces are nice she's just ordering bits and putting them together. It may bring in a nice little sum but is never going to fully support them.

Regarding getting a job- she's needed to for a long time and has really dug herself in deep for that not being an option. I understand her anxiety must be bad but you can get CBT on the NHS which would support her with something like graded exposure to work on her anxiety and get to the point of being able to hold down a job. If she actually went for support and said "this is my goal and what I want to work on" I'm sure she'd do well. It is just plain laziness at this point