Kerry Conway

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was on the market for around 170-180k, they may have got it under the asking price but there are so many houses around the area which would have been more suitable for them. I think they were set on the specific area & perhaps this was all they could afford. It needs a lot of work & I think it has a lot of potential, however all these grand plans take a lot of time & money!

I do feel pleased for them in a way though as they were wasting a lot of money on renting & had to move so many times so at least they finally have some stability for the girls.

Reactions: 3
Just seen the house.
Looks better in the estate agents pics. Don’t think it quite matches the Land Rover lifestyle they are trying to portray though.

Reactions: 4
Why is her poor mum having to do everything?! Everything she is showing her mum's doing it!

Reactions: 5
Omg Kerry you want to move the kitchen window and make it smaller well that's not a big job!!!!!!! Moving the window bloody hell save ya money put up with the window work around it cos that house is going to cost a fortune to get it done. I really don't think they know anything that whole house is going to need recarpeting/flooring just to live their with children no way I would have feed my children on any of them floors or put Roma down on them that is going to be a big expense the prob with renting they have no idea of costs of simply carpeting/decorating a house and that's before they start buying a kitchen moving windows knocking into chimney breasts etc.

She said they had to live with that kitchen for a few months so why the hell is dopey Warren pulling units out.

Also why even bother doing anything other than clean the kitchen if your not changing it for a few months it's not like they haven't got every other room to do I would be concentrating on getting the children's rooms nice so they have a comfortable place and the living room as I'm assuming they must be moving in fairly soon.

Also I remembered when they moved to the rented house they have now Kerry went on about how much bigger it was and they needed that but this house doesn't seem very big at all it looks rather pokey.

I understand people like to buy their own house but have to say it isn't always the best thing for some houses are money pits there is always something needs doing updating or fixing and can't help but feel with this house the Conway are running before they can walk.

They are seriously going to have to reconsider their lifestyle of eating out buying coffees out etc as this house is going to need a lot of money and time spent on it.

Reactions: 8
That kitchen is the most awkward space I've seen. It is going to take a lot of money and planning to get it into a liveable space for a family far too many doors for one space.
In the living room i wouldnt even bother putting a fire in just plaster it and make a feature out of it with lanterns or a fake log burner.
Why would she want to put a glass door on the pantry? It would look ridiculous being able to see into what is essentially a store cupboard.
I hope they have a large pot of money because it's going to cost thousands just to make it liveable.

Reactions: 6
Why on earth did they buy a house that needs that much doing to it ? Surely for their budget they could have bought a house that was move in condition that maybe needed decorating or whatever.

Omg Kerry you want to move the kitchen window and make it smaller well that's not a big job!!!!!!!
I watched and thought how stupid are you, you really are. I might have said something worse than stupid. Move the sink would be far easier if you need to look out the window to wash up! Boarding up a window in an adequate pantry. The space they have for the kitchen is good they just need someone savvy enough, who show them what they can do with it. Which they are supposed to be having but I bet they won't like their ideas. I don't think anything will please them. Plus kitchen designers aren't cheap.

what a funny shaped house! And I don’t think it’s worth 170-180k, unless they live in a nice area? Did I miss the post with the pics from estate agents?

Also I love how she’s got her mum scraping wallpaper off and pulling tiles up .. I thought she was disabled? She has a stick in Kerry’s videos .. poor things back will be knackered tonight ?

I just watched the stories and oh god I feel really stressed out on their behalf ? it looks like such a big job.
If they manage to pull it off then fair play play to them in all honesty, I don’t think I would cope with such a big renovation.
Definitely agree with what others have said though, I think they’re a little naive about the whole thing. Either that or they have a pot of gold they’re not mentioning lol

Perhaps I’m a bit soppy or a bit of a snowflake lol but I hate when I hear her say about the “gross” decor in the house... like the teapot wallpaper and the floor being horrendous! I feel bad for the previous owners as ok it might not be to their taste but to basically shame it to all her viewers. I find so horrible!
Perhaps could be because we’ve just had the heartbreaking sale of my grandparents house (they both died a couple of months apart completely out of the blue) the whole thing has broken our family- it did need modernising I give it that... but I think I’d be distraught hearing someone say it’s vile it’s disgusting taking the piss out of their wallpaper. This house could of belonged to someone in the same boat and many happy memories there.

I’m probably being silly... it’s all a bit raw still.

Reactions: 10
I just watched the stories and oh god I feel really stressed out on their behalf ? it looks like such a big job.
If they manage to pull it off then fair play play to them in all honesty, I don’t think I would cope with such a big renovation.
Definitely agree with what others have said though, I think they’re a little naive about the whole thing. Either that or they have a pot of gold they’re not mentioning lol
When we moved into our house it was really quite bad... it’s taken us 5 years, to do every room just the kitchen to go now and that’s with hubby in the trade too! Both working and 2 children were exhausted after work getting everything done.

Reactions: 2
Perhaps I’m a bit soppy or a bit of a snowflake lol but I hate when I hear her say about the “gross” decor in the house... like the teapot wallpaper and the floor being horrendous! I feel bad for the previous owners as ok it might not be to their taste but to basically shame it to all her viewers. I find so horrible!
Perhaps could be because we’ve just had the heartbreaking sale of my grandparents house (they both died a couple of months apart completely out of the blue) the whole thing has broken our family- it did need modernising I give it that... but I think I’d be distraught hearing someone say it’s vile it’s disgusting taking the piss out of their wallpaper. This house could of belonged to someone in the same boat and many happy memories there.

Oh bless you, I'm sorry to hear that ❤

I do agree, I don't think the house is that bad at all, maybe a funny layout but nothing some paint etc won't fix

Then again I've grown up with my parents completely renovating houses, like gutting them down to the bricks and joists so ?‍♀

Reactions: 2

It's not to their taste but that's exactly that... I didn't think the décor looked that bad from behind the camera and to be honest it's wasn't horrendous...I don't think they understand people can't afford the luxury of rent and mortgage it's one or the other and you don't have that cross over. They really are clueless but if people don't like their new kitchen or the paint colours etc am sure they will moan and moan.

Personally I think the kitchen isn’t as bad as they’re making it out to be. It’s certainly livable for now. Certainly wouldn’t be the first thing I start ripping out and moving windows- going to cost a bomb!
My first thing would be to get the living room done so they have somewhere nice to relax (not that they don’t do enough of that already by the looks of things) and at least one bedroom so they have a room to sleep in whilst the others are being done that’s me personally.

I’d rather also do the bathroom first over that kitchen

Their house is up for rent, they will be moving out very soon 825 pcm

what a funny shaped house! And I don’t think it’s worth 170-180k, unless they live in a nice area? Did I miss the post with the pics from estate agents?
I don't think its worth it either. I'm sure there are nicer houses in the area. Houses that don't need so much doing to it. The one they've gone with is like those ones you see up for auction with a guide price that needs loads of work doing and only property developers buy to then do up and rent out. Someone show us the estate agent pics?

Reactions: 1