Kerry Conway #7 No kids on the grid, unless she’s earning a few quid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fair play to Kerry for pushing on with the sleep training. I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Kerry LOL. She’s an excellent Mum always doing something with those kids and she does the lions share of everything in the house so she’s a grafter in my book not to mention the fact how well she’s done breastfeeding I couldn’t have got that far. Also the poor lass was knocked out by a killer migraine before Xmas sitting in a dark room and in fact she was looking awful just picking up everything going but still just got on with it. After Mrs Meldrums antics calling an ambulance for a seizure that was a migraine and then no was just a panic attack 🙄 at the weekend Kerry has gone up in my estimation.
I agree, I have warmed to her recently. She doesn’t dramatise things (Meldrum), she doesn’t make out life is easy with more than 2 kids (Lucy Jessica Carter) and she does a lot to help her kids development (unlike Fopps who just straps hers into the nearest pushchair/high chair/car seat).

She has her faults but don’t we all?,

Reactions: 9
Completely agree with the last 2 posts, my biggest annoyance was how she responded to viewers comments but she's been much better recently so have to give her credit for that!

Wow, we really are a rave thread now aren't we 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I dont know about not dramatising things...was one of the conway vlogs not titled something like "we called 999!!" About either her migraine or roma starting weaning? She is fond of a wee click bait title!

Reactions: 4
I dont know about not dramatising things...was one of the conway vlogs not titled something like "we called 999!!" About either her migraine or roma starting weaning? She is fond of a wee click bait title!
That was due to Roma chocking she called 999

She is “keeping it real” (🤮) a lot more in the last few months, I agree. And lots more of the old style of video she used to do which is why I enjoyed watching her at the start.

Side note - I’ve always been convinced Roma is more like Sienna,but did anyone see that pic she had comparing Aria and Roma the other day? Identical!

Reactions: 3
On stories, it was a pic of aria around the same age and i actually did think it was Roma for a second. I think aria had a hat on which probably helped as I don’t generally think she has as round a face as the others. I agree they are like Warren, Roma and sienna especially.

Aw its gone 😭 wish me luck I'm watching the pantry organising video 😂 had a bad night with the little one last night, hoping this might help me nod off for a bit 🙈 if it does the job I'll fully sign up to the Kerry Conway fan club haha

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I agree, I quite like her now.

On the sleep front, my 4 year old goes to bed at 7. My 8 year old, about 8. I dont get home from work until 6, once I have done tea and bathed the younger one, I want some time with my older one.
He sleeps till 7am and is never tired or trouble getting out of bed.
It just works for us xx

Gonna jump on the Kerry Conway Rave bandwagon today 😆 had an awful night with my little one so feel like a zombie today. Don't know how she does this everyday 😬

Reactions: 4
My little one never slept at all for 6 years I was exhausted!!!! So I know what sleep deprivation does it really fucks with you mentally. Turns out my little one is Autistic/ADD she has melatonin now so sleeps like a dream thank god

Reactions: 7
She literally did the routine for one day, didn’t get an instant result and is now back to naps in the morning again. She said it would take 6 weeks to work so no wonder nothings happened! I have every sympathy for the lack of sleep, my youngest didn’t sleep through until he was three and then he was up to start the day at 5.30, but nothing is going to change if she at least doesn’t have a good crack at what the sleep expert suggested.

My little one never slept at all for 6 years I was exhausted!!!! So I know what sleep deprivation does it really fucks with you mentally. Turns out my little one is Autistic/ADD she has melatonin now so sleeps like a dream thank god
Yes I was going to say that, sleep deprivation can seriously effect your mental health. I know it did mine

She literally did the routine for one day, didn’t get an instant result and is now back to naps in the morning again. She said it would take 6 weeks to work so no wonder nothings happened! I have every sympathy for the lack of sleep, my youngest didn’t sleep through until he was three and then he was up to start the day at 5.30, but nothing is going to change if she at least doesn’t have a good crack at what the sleep expert suggested.

Yes I was going to say that, sleep deprivation can seriously effect your mental health. I know it did mine
That’s what I don’t get she tried it for one day then went back to old ways!! What the hell!! Just stick with it keep her awake don’t let her nap!!! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 8
That’s what I don’t get she tried it for one day then went back to old ways!! What the hell!! Just stick with it keep her awake don’t let her nap!!! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
When my sons naps were affecting his sleep at night we cut them out completely! The first few days/week were hard but we persevered and it paid off, you can’t just try for 1 day and give up seriously she needs to get a grip she’s created all these bad habits and now she’s having to deal with it nobody to blame but herself! She’s want to cut Roma’s naps cut the breastfeeds and get her sleeping in her cot maybe giving Roma her own room would help? She’ll be away from Kerry for milk on tap and get a proper bedtime routine in place it’ll be hard but end of the day she’s going to cry etc you just got to stick with it and stay strong

• Heart
To be fair I don’t think she can stop an 18 mo falling asleep if she’s exhausted, if mine were that tired they’d conk out in a cuddle in a second.

I know everyone handles things differently, but I’ve not had anything close to a full night of sleep since my eldest was born almost 7yrs ago. So I get the sleep deprivation, but I also think it’s a risk you take when you have kids and what use moaning about it all the time? Nobody would mind if it was an occasional “oh we had a very bad night so we are tired” but it’s CONSTANT from her.

I think she just needs to stop with the bad habits and use her mothering instinct to guide her.
For example she must know 3 hours nap for Roma is too much if shes not sleeping at night. If she can adjust the naps, ie make them shorter, have two shorter naps or one shorter nap, monitor what times she is eating and what she's eating. Kerry says roma doesn't eat much but she looks like a normal 18 month old so she must be getting more of her nutrition from breastmilk, am i right to say that? So if Roma doesn't eat what kerry gives her, maybe she could try those toddler meals? If she's full up enough to sleep through, the room is dark enough and she having the right amount of naps but still wakes up then maybe there is an underlying issue? I can't see any other reason why she should be waking up so much in the night

It's funny how the child she breastfeeds back to sleep Everytime wakes every sleep cycle expecting it . But she won't let Roma cry . She's taught her this is how to sleep . Roma knows no different and at her age will protest.

I think she just needs to stop with the bad habits and use her mothering instinct to guide her.
For example she must know 3 hours nap for Roma is too much if shes not sleeping at night. If she can adjust the naps, ie make them shorter, have two shorter naps or one shorter nap, monitor what times she is eating and what she's eating. Kerry says roma doesn't eat much but she looks like a normal 18 month old so she must be getting more of her nutrition from breastmilk, am i right to say that? So if Roma doesn't eat what kerry gives her, maybe she could try those toddler meals? If she's full up enough to sleep through, the room is dark enough and she having the right amount of naps but still wakes up then maybe there is an underlying issue? I can't see any other reason why she should be waking up so much in the night
Roma apparently doesn't eat much breakfast. I wonder why ! Being breastfed every 45 minutes over night at 18 months . It's silly in my opinion. A breastfeed once or twice a day yes. Maybe if she's ill more but really every 45-60 min all night!? Sod that . No wonder she doesn't eat breakfast

Habit. Roma expects breastfed back to sleep Everytime she stirs as she's never had to put her self back to sleep as Kerry won't so much as allow one tear from her

Reactions: 8
If I was Kerry I would sleep on the sofa for a week and let Warren settle Roma back to sleep in her cot every night. That was Roma won’t smell the milk and after a week or two she’ll be used to it then I’d try and get her in her own room. Especially if she’s not sleeping for more than 45 minutes I’d be desperate enough to try anything! Also, she can’t sleep for more than 45 minutes at night but can knock out a 3 hour nap? Sounds like bad habits to me 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.