Kerry Conway #13 Kerry claims to follow Montessori but girls are glued to iPads every story

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And surely Sienna should have her own set of books to read or be read to.
Not listening to books for romas age

Reactions: 3
When my daughter was Siennas age she had book shelves full of Dork Diaries, Michael Morpurgo etc etc. We used to buy collections from The Works for £10.

When my daughter was Siennas age she had book shelves full of Dork Diaries, Michael Morpurgo etc etc. We used to buy collections from The Works for £10.
My daughter is the same age and she has the exact same. Now she is a very keen reader and I know not all kids are, but I still think Kerry and Warren make little effort. Books are a massive part of our kids gifts at birthdays and Christmas, I usually buy a set for each child of 5-8 books.

Reactions: 4
They drove to the park that's in walking distance?! What happened to #1000hoursoutdoors

No helmets on the girls while on their scooters. Such a responsible influencer Kezza!

The milk frother looks grim 🤮

and why does everything need a sign?! So much tat.

In her defence regarding the aeroccino...😂 I have the same one. I clean it (properly! Not Kerry clean) after every single use. But it seems to always get manky? If anyone has any tips let me know haha

They drove to the park that's in walking distance?! What happened to #1000hoursoutdoors

No helmets on the girls while on their scooters. Such a responsible influencer Kezza!

The milk frother looks grim 🤮

and why does everything need a sign?! So much tat.
Yes, Sienna on the skateboard with no helmet in particular gave me the heebie jeebies. My kids have been using ours lately and when they fall they can really hurt themselves.

I notice she hasn’t mentioned #1000hoursoutside again recently. She’s obviously realised they may get there only over the course of a lifetime.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
In her defence regarding the aeroccino...😂 I have the same one. I clean it (properly! Not Kerry clean) after every single use. But it seems to always get manky? If anyone has any tips let me know haha
Sorry I got rid of mine because I could never get it clean! In the end I just heated my milk in the microwave

Reactions: 2
Has anyone seen how much the trainers are? I mean maybe I’m just old but wtf!!! That’s a rediculous price for trainers. What’s the difference between them and a pair of £60 ones from jd sports?

Has anyone seen how much the trainers are? I mean maybe I’m just old but wtf!!! That’s a rediculous price for trainers. What’s the difference between them and a pair of £60 ones from jd sports?
Some people pay crazy amounts for trainers. No different than a designer handbag or a Next one I suppose 🤷🏻‍♀️ I am not one of the people buying the expensive stuff mind you!

I've had mine over 7 years and have kept it pretty clean. The lid goes in the dishwasher. After every use I rinse out the milk then leave it sitting with hot soapy water for however long, which gets rid of most of the manky milk at the bottom. The rest I scrub off with a cloth. I only have two coffees a day so don't find the cleaning much of a problem, but I guess if you're using it much more than that it would be a pain.

Reactions: 2
Drive to the park....because they have a 2 year old with a broken pushchair?! What the actual fudge? She’s 2 and 1/2, she should be more than capable of walking the 10/15 minute walk to the park. More likely big fat Waz didn’t want to want walk because he’s a lazy c**t.
There’s 2 adults, it’s a Sunday morning - if Roma walks too slowly for the other 2, then Waz can go on ahead with them and Kerry can meet them there with Roma. She’s only too slow because she’s NEVER allowed or made to walk any substantial distance.
Screw all the ‘Montessori’ kinaesthetic sand malarkey, I’d much rather my child get out in the fresh air, explore the natural world and build up her stamina and physical development by walking!! Which actually sounds more Montessori than what Kerry does!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Drive to the park....because they have a 2 year old with a broken pushchair?! What the actual fudge? She’s 2 and 1/2, she should be more than capable of walking the 10/15 minute walk to the park. More likely big fat Waz didn’t want to want walk because he’s a lazy c**t.
There’s 2 adults, it’s a Sunday morning - if Roma walks too slowly for the other 2, then Waz can go on ahead with them and Kerry can meet them there with Roma. She’s only too slow because she’s NEVER allowed or made to walk any substantial distance.
Screw all the ‘Montessori’ kinaesthetic sand malarkey, I’d much rather my child get out in the fresh air, explore the natural world and build up her stamina and physical development by walking!! Which actually sounds more Montessori than what Kerry does!!
Oh was that the reason they drove? Broken pushchair? I missed that. Well between walking and scooting surely Roma could have gotten there easily? As you say she’d be slow (my 2.5yo is like a snail! She can walk well over a mile, but she tootles along) but it’s all part of the outing surely?

Oh was that the reason they drove? Broken pushchair? I missed that. Well between walking and scooting surely Roma could have gotten there easily? As you say she’d be slow (my 2.5yo is like a snail! She can walk well over a mile, but she tootles along) but it’s all part of the outing surely?
Exactly. Our toddler is a similar age to Roma and we haven’t used a Pram for months. Walk, scooter or balance bike and if they get tired they go on my husbands shoulders.

But doing that would mean Kezza couldn’t film every moment of their lives and Wazza would have to put down his phone 🙄

They live such a sedentary lifestyle - which worries me as it’s what they’re teaching the kids is acceptable. Sienna is getting to an age where she will become increasingly aware of her body and if she’s not keeping fit and active & she’s eating the wrong things she will get bullied for it. I don’t like to talk about weight/size of children as it’s a sensitive issue but it has been noticed with Sienna. It’s not her fault of course but I’m sure things would be better if they actually exercised and ate healthily

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Exactly. Our toddler is a similar age to Roma and we haven’t used a Pram for months. Walk, scooter or balance bike and if they get tired they go on my husbands shoulders.

But doing that would mean Kezza couldn’t film every moment of their lives and Wazza would have to put down his phone 🙄

They live such a sedentary lifestyle - which worries me as it’s what they’re teaching the kids is acceptable. Sienna is getting to an age where she will become increasingly aware of her body and if she’s not keeping fit and active & she’s eating the wrong things she will get bullied for it. I don’t like to talk about weight/size of children as it’s a sensitive issue but it has been noticed with Sienna. It’s not her fault of course but I’m sure things would be better if they actually exercised and ate healthily
Apart from on exceptional, pretty rare, cases, if a child is overweight it is no reflection on them, but rather a reflection on the parent, IMO. They are setting the girls up for bad habits in later life by not showing them a healthy lifestyle now. She said in the past she was overweight as a teen, but is not doing anything to prevent the same for her children.

It’s harder when kids are at school to get them out and about everyday, but over lockdown she should have had them outside for a few hours every single day. Yet that didn’t seem to happen (and we would know if it did as she films everything!)

I wonder if we will soon get a garden video 🤔 She copies a lot of the ideas from The Hidden Gem/The Way We Play, and she did a garden video recently...

Reactions: 5
It’s probably because Roma the barbarian can’t walk without misbehaving or being a nightmare so they don’t bother. Why does she need a pushchair! Isn’t she 3 in august? She’s well over 2 and a half but they treat her like a baby. I barely ever used a pushchair when my daughter was that age only for long days out shopping or I took one abroad for the evenings. It’s just lazy parenting on their behalf. And probably because even when Warren is there he doesn’t help her with the kids so it’s basically like her having all 3 to watch on her own. I can’t remember much of what stages are normal anymore as my daughter is 6 and a half now but does anybody else find Roma’s speech really unclear for her age? Like I cannot understand hardly a word of what she says

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.