Kerry Conway #13 Kerry claims to follow Montessori but girls are glued to iPads every story

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I canā€™t help but feel nervous with them smashing walls down themselves, they donā€™t know anything about this stuff! I hope itā€™s all alright šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 9
This was my thread title suggestion from a while back.

Holy hell, what the fudge does Wazza think heā€™s doing? Of course itā€™ll take you a long time, cos Waz is so unfit and lardy that itā€™ll take him about 3 years to get the energy up to knock the wall down! He looked like he really couldnā€™t be arsed in her vidā€™s of the ā€˜renovationā€™. šŸ™„

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I actually canā€™t believe theyā€™re attempting to knock down walls with no experience or knowledge! The whole house could fall down around them! Thereā€™s a reason it cost so much! The mind boggles!

Reactions: 10
I actually canā€™t believe theyā€™re attempting to knock down walls with no experience or knowledge! The whole house could fall down around them! Thereā€™s a reason it cost so much! The mind boggles!
Couldnā€™t agree more. This is something you absolutely shouldnā€™t DIY. I think Iā€™m too scared to watch.

Reactions: 8
I think Iā€™d rather save the Ā£15k up and pay someone to do it than DIY and risk the house falling down. Also they will struggle to sell the house on if they do a bodge job.

Reactions: 7
It ls the coal bunker/lavvy creation weā€™ve all been desperate to see šŸ˜‚ Harry Potterā€™s bedroom was bigger šŸ˜‚
My parents have one and use it for their gardening tools.. They are tiny.

Her kids are getting too old for a playroom anyway.

I think Iā€™d rather save the Ā£15k up and pay someone to do it than DIY and risk the house falling down. Also they will struggle to sell the house on if they do a bodge job.
If theyā€™ve been quoted 15k Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a very good reason for it.

It would of made more sense to knock that out at the start of their ā€œrenovationsā€ and then plan a more open plan kitchen/family room. Which would then have space for a proper utility room rather than the cupboard she has. Why do they not think things through?

We live in a similar age house and also have a cold bunker - itā€™s basically a big cupboard. We may turn it into the utility room or knock through (get the professionals in of course) to make the kitchen bigger. Those walls will be supporting walls, whoā€™s putting a supporting beam in? Jeez these two are a nightmare.

Reactions: 6
It would of made more sense to knock that out at the start of their ā€œrenovationsā€ and then plan a more open plan kitchen/family room. Which would then have space for a proper utility room rather than the cupboard she has. Why do they not think things through?
Because insta mums have a playroom so she must have a playroom šŸ¤Ŗ

We live in a similar age house and also have a cold bunker - itā€™s basically a big cupboard. We may turn it into the utility room or knock through (get the professionals in of course) to make the kitchen bigger. Those walls will be supporting walls, whoā€™s putting a supporting beam in? Jeez these two are a nightmare.
The house will be condemned if they ever try to sell it which they will at some point to keep up with the other influencers.

Reactions: 5
Thread title - 1000 hours challenge is going well - sitting on their iPads in the house counts too right?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Does anyone know if theyā€™re knocking through to the downstairs loo? I think that way it would give them a bit more space and make more of a square room. Still bit small to be classed as a play room but definitely bigger than just two cupboards.
Also, if 15k was the quote, then surely itā€™s a bit/tricky job? I know labour can be expensive but surely if 15k is the quote any reasonable person would think ā€œyeah, itā€™s going to be beyond my abilitiesā€?
Finally, Iā€™ve not ā€˜rEnOvAtEdā€™ like Kerry before, so can somebody tell me...do all of these jobs need to be signed off as ā€˜safeā€™ when theyā€™re finished?

Reactions: 6
Does anyone know if theyā€™re knocking through to the downstairs loo? I think that way it would give them a bit more space and make more of a square room. Still bit small to be classed as a play room but definitely bigger than just two cupboards.
Also, if 15k was the quote, then surely itā€™s a bit/tricky job? I know labour can be expensive but surely if 15k is the quote any reasonable person would think ā€œyeah, itā€™s going to be beyond my abilitiesā€?
Finally, Iā€™ve not ā€˜rEnOvAtEdā€™ like Kerry before, so can somebody tell me...do all of these jobs need to be signed off as ā€˜safeā€™ when theyā€™re finished?
my dads a joiner & he often knocked walls down & built walls when we were growing up. You donā€™t need planning permission or anything unless itā€™s a listed building. But that 15k quote wouldnā€™t have just been to knock down the wall. It would have included putting supporting beams in, plastering etc. I think if you donā€™t get it done professionally your probably likely to knock value off your house when you come to sell tho as no way will they be able to do any where near a professional job!

CBE44401-F6CE-491E-A044-B7C703157888.jpeg

Also saw a comment of her saying ā€œdonā€™t think roma would have understood if I took it all away again after giving her it. She had to try every oneā€ sheā€™s not a bleeping baby

• Wow
View attachment 515713

Also saw a comment of her saying ā€œdonā€™t think roma would have understood if I took it all away again after giving her it. She had to try every oneā€ sheā€™s not a bleeping baby
My youngest is roughly the same age (a tad younger actually) and she found her chocolates, got given the little basket her granny had sent which had a few little chocolates in..............and then she ate a few and the rest went away. She understood perfectly. Why could Roma (genius child that she is) not understand at over 2.5yo that "some of this will be for later"?

Letā€™s be honest, this ā€œplayroomā€ will be wasted and destroyed, Like the rest of the weird shaped house.
Glad to see people are calling her out on the chocolate eggs, but as per, if itā€™s not to her liking sheā€™s goes on the defence and throws out a tit load of quotes! šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Shame she doesnā€™t put as much effort into her videos.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.