KeepingKate #6 Breastfeeding isn’t a personality trait.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So many assumptions - how do we know she paid? It could be a friend or she could have got a deal for it being the second time she’s used her! But even if she did pay that’s her choice.

Maybe her mother was looking after the other children?
You’re making a lot of assumptions too though aren’t you? Why would the doula do it for free when it’s her job? Her mum was there with her so she wasn’t looking after her kids.. unless they were there too, it seems like she had everyone else there why not two toddlers 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So many assumptions - how do we know she paid? It could be a friend or she could have got a deal for it being the second time she’s used her! But even if she did pay that’s her choice.

Maybe her mother was looking after the other children?

I think the whole point of following these instawannabes and tattle is it’s all assumptions, assuming we know all about them when we don’t, but we comment anyway. Maybe I’m out of order to assume that I thought Baby Wade would just slip out.

Reactions: 1
Didn't mean for mine to sound like bragging, completely sorry for that, wrote it in the moment having a vent but these women winde ya up no end, talk so much crap all time 🤣

Reactions: 5
As a parent who had a traumatic birth following 12 hours of neglect by 10 medical staff and whose baby died at 7 weeks old because of the trauma suffered during birth, I find her so selfish moaning about Daves birth, she has a healthy 4 year old and had a healthy baby... it wasn't the perfect birth that she wanted but who cares if you and your baby are healthy!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
As a parent who had a traumatic birth following 12 hours of neglect by 10 medical staff and whose baby died at 7 weeks old because of the trauma suffered during birth, I find her so selfish moaning about Daves birth, she has a healthy 4 year old and had a healthy baby... it wasn't the perfect birth that she wanted but who cares if you and your baby are healthy!
Ahh this is so sad and impossible to ever imagine 💔 so sorry.

£700 to end up with a 3rd degree tear and again for a second degree tear lmao. I know the doula can't actually help with that but she brought her along as an assurance of having the world's best births. I had my husband and my mum on all 3, needed emergency forceps for my first as back to back but no Intervention or stitches for other 2 so I think taking your mum for free beats hands down 🤣🤣 (2nd n 3rd were all 9½LB babies so not small )
Believe it or not her mum was there with Sean AND the doula 😂 quite the audience

Reactions: 3
This is so sad and I'm so sorry it happened to you. However, people suffering birth trauma can still find it hard to process without invalidating the feelings of others who have had the worst of experiences. I think we all know it isn't easy and even if you have a healthy baby at the end of it and are healthy yourself a few years later, it doesn't make it less scary at the time. Again though, sorry for your loss x

Reactions: 5
If people are so easily offended, Tattle is not the place for you I don't think! Thought I'd stumbled upon the Lil thread for a moment 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
All she has done is moan since Gary arrived. I previously predicted I think she'll find a third baby hard. Why did she get pregnant so soon when she was already struggling with Alan?

ETA she says she's in agony with infected stitches but needed to go to tesco because she has nothing to wear?! Is she for real🥴 just wear what you've worn your whole pregnancy! Get in your pjs and chill! I do honestly think she's in for a rough ride with this one

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
All she has done is moan since Gary arrived. I previously predicted I think she'll find a third baby hard. Why did she get pregnant so soon when she was already struggling with Alan?

ETA she says she's in agony with infected stitches but needed to go to tesco because she has nothing to wear?! Is she for real🥴 just wear what you've worn your whole pregnancy! Get in your pjs and chill! I do honestly think she's in for a rough ride with this one
I suspect she holds huge resentment for the fact they've had another girl and she was convinced it was a boy as her pregnancy was so "different" shows what BS that is

Reactions: 7
I suspect she holds huge resentment for the fact they've had another girl and she was convinced it was a boy as her pregnancy was so "different" shows what BS that is
It's not adding up is it she seems so flat and upset. I agree I think they've got gender disappointment. Straight away her thoughts are turned to her weight as always. I know I take the piss out of her but it's quite sad to see

Reactions: 10
There is definite gender disappointment and I wonder if they were told it was a boy, only to find it’s a girl. I can imagine Sean will have made reference to ‘another girl gang member’ and I can imagine Kate will feel his frustration and disappointment. Throughout the whole pregnancy it was ‘so different’ so I think she either was told, or was convinced that it wasn’t a girl.

Reactions: 4
Not sure why you'd keep it a surprise (if they actually did) when it clearly matters so much to them. My hubbie had 2 sons already and we've gone onto have 3 boys. There's no way I was gonna have a surprise baby cos I'd have hated to read too much into differing symptoms even tho I didn't want a girl 🤣 we'd finished after second child as we wanted a mate for our first but our third was a surprise depo injection baby 😵🤣

There is definite gender disappointment and I wonder if they were told it was a boy, only to find it’s a girl. I can imagine Sean will have made reference to ‘another girl gang member’ and I can imagine Kate will feel his frustration and disappointment. Throughout the whole pregnancy it was ‘so different’ so I think she either was told, or was convinced that it wasn’t a girl.
She had me convinced it was a boy with her behaviour

Sad to hear that Dave & Alan have been shipped off to her mothers house cos Alan is waking up at 5am and Seannnnnnn can't sleep!!!!

Reactions: 10
I think the idea is that someone can fork out an extortionate amount of money for absolutely no reason at all. Like what has she actually paid for? Someone to talk to? Ridiculous spending imo.
That's pretty much what a doula is though. Some are great and help women advocate for themselves and navigate pregnancy and birth- offering non medical support that midwives can't, but they're not regulated and some have minimal 'training'. You aren't paying for say a second midwife, someone that can guarantee an easier birth- you're paying for someone to accompany you and hopefully impart some knowledge and support.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
That's pretty much what a doula is though. Some are great and help women advocate for themselves and navigate pregnancy and birth- offering non medical support that midwives can't, but they're not regulated and some have minimal 'training'. You aren't paying for say a second midwife, someone that can guarantee an easier birth- you're paying for someone to accompany you and hopefully impart some knowledge and support.
I would have thought you’d save your money personally, and have friends or family there instead for support 🤷🏼‍♀️ Some people have too much money to throw away!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.