Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do like her, I think she comes across as quite funny and genuine. I’ve enjoyed following her for years. The one thing I’d say (which I think comes from having audiences across YouTube, insta stories etc) is that you do hear the same stories again and again. I think this must be hard to tackle but if I’ve heard once that new doors are cheap but work out expensive with the new fittings I’ve heard it ten times. She does always reply which is really something others could learn a lot from and seems to be very open re: ad integrity.

Reactions: 4
Katie, bless her heart, doesn't lead the kind of life that is especially marketable to the YouTube masses. I think of a lot of her repetitiveness comes from that reason alone. She leads a fairly average life and average just isn't what people are looking for in a vlogging channel. Even as much as I like Katie I still can't bring myself to watch her all the time because she doesn't hold my interest. Her videos are beautiful but they are too long for what they are.

Reactions: 6
Katie, bless her heart, doesn't lead the kind of life that is especially marketable to the YouTube masses. I think of a lot of her repetitiveness comes from that reason alone. She leads a fairly average life and average just isn't what people are looking for in a vlogging channel. Even as much as I like Katie I still can't bring myself to watch her all the time because she doesn't hold my interest. Her videos are beautiful but they are too long for what they are.
Yes I agree. I do like her as a person (that we see) but I find her videos a bit boring.. she has the camera too close to her face and talk self deprecating stuff for 90% of the videos. The children are cute and so is her house, she should show more stuff to do with that, however then she would be questioning whether she is selling her children etc. I just find the waffle a bit samey and boring. I think I would love her in real life though. She doesnt seem cut throat and narcissistic like the others.

Reactions: 7
The repetitive stories are frustrating. The doors & door handles is a constant one. The artificial grass. Her husband works for America. They had a tough financial period one time because he was made redundant (though not as tough as she reckons, cos she borrowed money from family to pay the mortgage, which in itself is a privilege). Eventually (meaning much sooner than planned) they’ll get a new kitchen. She works Tuesday morning while he’s at nursery. They spend the morning with her mum. They love to travel (I’m sure lots of people would love to travel given half a chance). She doesn’t drink coffee but she drinks Diet Coke (out of plastic bottles). It’s just the same facts every single day

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I also never want to hear the word “trinkets” again

• Haha
The repetitive stories are frustrating. The doors & door handles is a constant one. The artificial grass. Her husband works for America. They had a tough financial period one time because he was made redundant (though not as tough as she reckons, cos she borrowed money from family to pay the mortgage, which in itself is a privilege). Eventually (meaning much sooner than planned) they’ll get a new kitchen. She works Tuesday morning while he’s at nursery. They spend the morning with her mum. They love to travel (I’m sure lots of people would love to travel given half a chance). She doesn’t drink coffee but she drinks Diet Coke (out of plastic bottles). It’s just the same facts every single day
You forgot the Tesco fajitas ??

• Haha
Reactions: 5
And the showing of the girls room with the sprinkles etc, the playroom tours

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Dont forget that they like the peppers raw
And that once a week she does a 2 hour round trip to take Maddie to football, its her favourite time spending one on one time with her biggest girl who she is so proud of. They have a picky tea on this day as no time for anything else.

• Haha
You legit made me laugh so much whilst playing hot wheels with my 3 year old. ????
???????? Absolutely correct. Like someone said below we forgot fajitas, making pizza, a virgin train every so often lol. I’d love her to do more how she decides what to buy for their house (styling is too trendy for me) but still interesting cause I don’t know how she has the time to care for 3 babes, and run a business and shop very regularly and and and and we never see how she manages etc.

Reactions: 2
oh my god i can't stand this woman, she goes on and on!!! I was in the apple store recently when her husband walked in with Wren and their little boy was a right little tit, he was running around and john didn't do anything about it. So not quite the cute little Wren as she portrays.... yawn ?

Reactions: 3
She buys new stuff all the time, nothing is ever secondhand or old. When they moved to the new house she bought absolutely everything new. Every bit of furniture is new. Who does that?!

• Wow
She buys new stuff all the time, nothing is ever secondhand or old. When they moved to the new house she bought absolutely everything new. Every bit of furniture is new. Who does that?!
YouTubers, that's who. Almost every single one of them replace all their things when they move into a home. There are very few who integrate their old furniture into their new home. But remember, neither she nor Jon have any money. :sneaky:

oh my god i can't stand this woman, she goes on and on!!! I was in the apple store recently when her husband walked in with Wren and their little boy was a right little tit, he was running around and john didn't do anything about it. So not quite the cute little Wren as she portrays.... yawn ?
This made me laugh. Forgive me for saying this but Wren comes across as very spoiled and more then a little obnoxious in her videos. He's still quite little though so I never say anything. Maddie and Lottie seem very well-behaved. But they are older.

Reactions: 5
YouTubers, that's who. Almost every single one of them replace all their things when they move into a home. There are very few who integrate their old furniture into their new home. But remember, neither she nor Jon have any money. :sneaky
And any renovation post comes with the “disclaimer” that one time nearly 10 years ago they didn’t have much money for a while. So what? How does that make a difference now?!

Reactions: 4
I really do like her, she seems so normal in comparison to other social media mums at the moment.

One thing that grates on me so much is how she always says Wren Wren... Like every time she's talks to him it's "Wren Wren" I'm being picky I know, but hey that's what these forums are for ?

How long must it take her to clean? Imagine having to move all those ‘trinkets’ to clean the shelves and then replace them all. What a faff.

How long must it take her to clean? Imagine having to move all those ‘trinkets’ to clean the shelves and then replace them all. What a faff.
I never want to hear the word 'trinket' ever again! It's likes nails on a chalkboard ?

• Haha
I was interested in what’s new in IKEA but had to watch on low volume as her irritating cooing over everything & wrennie in the background was too much. With music would’ve been better.
Also irritates me when grown men wear their sleeves over their hands :p

I really do like her, she seems so normal in comparison to other social media mums at the moment.

One thing that grates on me so much is how she always says Wren Wren... Like every time she's talks to him it's "Wren Wren" I'm being picky I know, but hey that's what these forums are for ?
Remember when he was always referred to as ‘our baby boy’, I never knew his name as I didn’t hear it for ages! 🤣 I like Katies style but OZmG those trinkets! She completely ruins all her design flair with the over load of cheap tat! Not every space needs filling.

Shes very nice but sickly sweet, would love to hear her just lash out and call someone a bleep 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.