Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like Katie.

She treats you tube and related social media professionally like a job.
Her previous back ground was marketing and social media and it shows.

Shes a real flair for travel vlogs.
Shes not simply gifted a package or resort holiday.
She does her research she plans every detail like usa road trip around California. Even her uk breaks are interesting.

She always replies to messages and comments.

I visibly see her in her office working.

Most if her videos are not soley about the kids.

Her and her husband seem really sweet.
Hes not at all fame hungry and has his own career.

Katie comes across really sweet caring and funny like the kind person you would want to be freinds with.

Love her interior style.
Her fashions a little quirky.
She pays attention to every detail.
Theres not huge amounts gifted or ads.
But when she does ads they not annoying.

Reactions: 15
Always transparent, great relationship with all her children and even if someone questions why her middle child isn't featured as much she doesn't throw a hissy fit, cry about being bullied and responds in a sensible manor. Her travel vlogs are excellent. The floggers could learn a lot from this lady.

Reactions: 8
I like Katie too. Doesn’t take herself too seriously, excellent travel blogs and vlogs and upfront about ads. As with all mum bloggers I worry about the privacy issue though.

Reactions: 4
Pedophiles everywhere not just online and most tend to be someone that the person knows with the child. I don't agree with it but the world is starting to get more crazier.
BIG difference filming your 7yr old daughter in just her knickers in her own home rather than at the beach, you are talking of thousands of people having access to watch. I agree with you in that , pedalo’s are certainly everywhere, historically though they would be at the beach/swimming pools, parks etc, now they can sit and watch whilst these kids are in the privacy of their own homes. It’s also very very easy to work out where these floggers live, where their kids go to school. Why would any parent think that’s ok?
I actually like Katie, I think she would do well on her own without showing her kids, I love her interior stuff and she’s funny.

Reactions: 1
I think Katie is very different to the other bloggers. She started blogging years before Instagram and vlogging were a big thing and I think you can tell that she doesn't love taking videos or photos of herself. I think she seems very genuine and transparent.
With regards to her saying she had no money and then doing the garden and bathroom renovations - she said her husband got an unexpected work contract so the extra money was from his work.

Reactions: 1
Katie is a ver good professional person and an example of how to do the job well? The thing i struggle with is her relationship with Charlotte Taylor. She seems so much better than that. All I can say is if it’s a genuine friendship I hope she gives old Charl a good talking to !!! ?

Reactions: 2
I like Katie, her family is darling, but man her videos are a snooze fest. The quality, the editing, the creativity is all there. The only thing that's missing is a personality. I'm not saying that I want her to put on a fake persona. I like that what you see in her videos is probably how she is in person. But when I watch her stuff there isn't anything that draws me in. But to be fair, she admitted in a recent Q&A that moving to YouTube was more out of necessity. She's one that will probably jump for joy when it's all over.

I like her too. She's caring and hounest. Seems like she put time and effort in her work. No greed and lies. Her husband has his own business.

I remember a good year or so ago seeing that it’s actually her husband who edits the travel vlogs! I find all her other content very boring, she lacks personality and rambles way too much on Instagram for me!

I really like Katie, she puts a lot of work into her videos and editing. Her holidays are always fantastic, she doesnt just visit a resort and stay there like other family vloggers!!

Katie is probably my fave YouTuber. I feel she’s pretty genuine and is honest with her following. Her videos are well edited too.

I am quite like her insta stories recently, funny and just real life.
One thing I will still say I relate to and respect her for a lot is the way she respects her children when it comes to their Hobbies and interests etc. They aren’t forced to do dancing lessons etc or constantly being used for ads on things we know they don’t like. (I see this with other accounts)
Coming from a mum that’s been there, the good and the bad, I really do like that about her!

Reactions: 7
I quite like her too. She doesn't force her girls in dresses either. She always says her girls don't like dresses.

Reactions: 7
I appreciate how honest and transparent she is. There's always a sense of self deprecating humour too, like she knows she can be a bit rambling and boring. A lovely family who respect each other and very humble with what they have and opportunities they get.
I don't know if I'm reading into things too much here but I find it really funny how recently she seems to drop little hints about how opposed she is to mrs meldrums shenanigans. Around dlp gate she posted about how she will always be honest re ads etc, then when mrs m promoted desenio she mentioned she would never buy mass produced art and showed us independent art around her house, then she mentioned during vlogmas that she wasn't a filming because one of her daughters was ill (opposite of mrs m again at the same time she just filmed an ill poppy). Then mrs m asked for collabs on a week of outfits and Katie didn't take her up on the opportunity and a couple of days after mrs m's YT vids Katie did one with brummy mummy. She's like the anti-meldrum but I always see her commenting on reb and lees instagrams ??

Reactions: 15
I appreciate how honest and transparent she is. There's always a sense of self deprecating humour too, like she knows she can be a bit rambling and boring. A lovely family who respect each other and very humble with what they have and opportunities they get.
I don't know if I'm reading into things too much here but I find it really funny how recently she seems to drop little hints about how opposed she is to mrs meldrums shenanigans. Around dlp gate she posted about how she will always be honest re ads etc, then when mrs m promoted desenio she mentioned she would never buy mass produced art and showed us independent art around her house, then she mentioned during vlogmas that she wasn't a filming because one of her daughters was ill (opposite of mrs m again at the same time she just filmed an ill poppy). Then mrs m asked for collabs on a week of outfits and Katie didn't take her up on the opportunity and a couple of days after mrs m's YT vids Katie did one with brummy mummy. She's like the anti-meldrum but I always see her commenting on reb and lees instagrams ??
I crossed paths with Katie a very long time ago in a professional capacity, I can honestly say this is just how she was then a genuinely lovely girl, I think she has distanced herself from the Meldrums but is too nice to blank them.

Reactions: 9
I really like her. I enjoy her vlogs- I find her calming. And that isn't in a ' she's boring and makes me sleepy' kind of way, but I genuinely find her quite therapuetic to watch ?

I think her and her husband are great parents (from what we see) and are giving their children a lovely life.

Reactions: 8
Can we move all these comments to a Rave thread please?

This is supposed to be a Trash thread...

Reactions: 3
One thing that irritates ne about Katie is her making our she is skint, please as if, hoe many holidays, new clothes, cakes at garden centres etc etc

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.