Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So...what are your opinions on the bathroom? I like the style, but I'm surprised by the overall lack of practicality. There's no storage whatsoever. I'm like gurl, you have three tiny people who need to use this space. And those tiny people will inevitably get bigger. You can't all share the on suit forever.

Reactions: 1
So...what are your opinions on the bathroom? I like the style, but I'm surprised by the overall lack of practicality. There's no storage whatsoever. I'm like gurl, you have three tiny people who need to use this space. And those tiny people will inevitably get bigger. You can't all share the on suit forever.
I really like the bathroom but totally get the practicalities. To be honest the only storage we have in our bathroom is a basket for cleaning products, two baskets for surplus shower gel, razors, cotton buds etc and a shelf for the soaps, deodorants and lotions and there’s 6 of us but her and Jon have their own en-suite too

We have one basket in our bathroom which is storage, it's way to small for anything else in there...no en suite either ?

We don't have storage in our bathroom either. All my makeup ect is in our bedroom. And toothbrushes are in two glass jars that's it. I love it. I love the metal writing on the wall and mirror.

But did ya'll recently do a remodel? I understand if your bathroom came that way but her's did not. Someone mentioned this in Kerry Whelpdale's thread but most vloggers remodel things, leave out storage, and then complain they have none. She was already kinda sounding meh about that particular choice. It is a gorgeous bathroom but contrary to popular belief, you can be both stylish and functional. I didn't even see a towel rack. Or did I miss it? Katie is usually very practical with storage. He children's play room is a thing of beauty.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Whilst I do like Katie, mainly for her ad integrity and the fact that she is down to earth in her stories, I find her insta picture captions so twee and corny. The photo can be of her bedside table and she will write a whole essay about how perfect her day has been and how amazing her children are. How blessed she is etc. I agree that her children seem adorable and she has a very privileged life, I just feel like her captions make me cringe a little. A bit like couples kissing etc in public. Just a bit ott and slushy for my liking. Wish she would caption her instas a bit more humbly like she is on her stories.

Reactions: 5
She takes fab photos of her family but I never read her captions, they are far too long it puts me off reading them!

I love what she's done with the house. But I'm finding all the vloggers houses all look the same now. Just watched mama reids latest, and it's all the same thing

Reactions: 4
I love what she's done with the house. But I'm finding all the vloggers houses all look the same now. Just watched mama reids latest, and it's all the same thing
Katie's house isn't like mama Reid's at all in my opinion. Ash's house is the epitome of high class chav ? so tacky.

Reactions: 9
I agree with you. Most of them have jumped on the grey paint train. They've also remodeled their homes very with the large folding glass doors that open out to a patio/backyard space. Although I like those kinds of things almost none of them have blinds or curtains. That would freak me out. Especially given what these people do for a living. I've only been on this board for a few months and already I've come across several threads on here where commentators have found out where people live. No thank you.

Reactions: 3
I don't usually watch mama Reid so only saw The office area. I just mean all the plant pots prints ect

She takes fab photos of her family but I never read her captions, they are far too long it puts me off reading them!
I feel she takes too many pics of them ? every day there is another family photo, all smiling perfect and in a uniformed line. I'm so happy that growing up in the 90s my mum used to buy a disposible camera for special occasions and it was one click.. done. Wait to be printed. Would have hated constantly being in a photo shoot. Its literally everyday for them. Enjoy photography but jeez give your kids the day off and let them be kids.

Reactions: 3
I do like Katie, but she doesn't half ramble on sometimes on her Insta stories. She gives a full on speech when just a few words would cover it.???? I have to fast forward it before I not off???

I do like Katie, but she doesn't half ramble on sometimes on her Insta stories. She gives a full on speech when just a few words would cover it.???? I have to fast forward it before I not off???
Not off I meant???

Glad to see a trash forum for Katie! Lol!
Like most people here I agree she’s very pleasant the videos are so high quality and she makes a lot of effort but dear me the HUMBLE BRAGGING!

“we can’t afford this, or it’s not in our budget blah blah blah and I’m so sorry for this unsightly clip of our then normal looking bathroom” then 2 months later it’s being totally renovated to the biggest changes ever!! I have been so tempted to write a comment on her YT for her to stop with the constant faux self deprecation.

I really loved her old house I found it so cosy and warm.

Anyone else also find her children are always on the iPad? I’m not trying to be anal about it cause hey my little one uses it sometimes too but I find they are always shown often in clips with it.

Also lol did anyone see how huge her moms back yard was in a recent-ish video?

Glad to see a trash forum for Katie! Lol!
Like most people here I agree she’s very pleasant the videos are so high quality and she makes a lot of effort but dear me the HUMBLE BRAGGING!

“we can’t afford this, or it’s not in our budget blah blah blah and I’m so sorry for this unsightly clip of our then normal looking bathroom” then 2 months later it’s being totally renovated to the biggest changes ever!! I have been so tempted to write a comment on her YT for her to stop with the constant faux self deprecation.

I really loved her old house I found it so cosy and warm.

Anyone else also find her children are always on the iPad? I’m not trying to be anal about it cause hey my little one uses it sometimes too but I find they are always shown often in clips with it.

Also lol did anyone see how huge her moms back yard was in a recent-ish video?
I'm not a consistent viewer but when I do watch, I've actually never seen her kids on iPads. They mostly play outside or watch movies. It also feels like they go out to eat a lot. But I think that has to do with the fact their vlogs are primarily done on the weekends. I agree with what you said regarding her being self-deprecating. She was wearing glasses in this latest video and went on for 3 minutes about them. I hate to break it to her and the rest of the family vloggers, but a majority of your audience doesn't give a stuff about you or you spouse. They are mostly there to see your children.

I just can’t stand her voice ?‍♀ I did watch the bathroom reno because I want to do mine but switched off once she mentioned the gifted bath ? just not relatable to me as I’ll have to pay for the whole lot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.