Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pipmint

She's definitely a 'stay on my internets' mama for me (mostttt of the time lol). Just remember guys, she works in social marketing essentially for brands, so it's in her best interest to represent her own brand as a good example.

That being said, I really would like to see her travel stuff become more encompassing and transparent. That's one of my biggest areas of frustration with her, I would love to have the opportunity to travel one day like that with my family!! I'd like to see her write more about budgeting for trips, what to look for, what's best bang for your buck basically, and just an overall plan for doing amazing trips like this. Granted she gets a lot of it free, but I can't connect to her at all (and I don't think that's necessary either if you know what I mean), when it comes to travel knowing she's not paid for all of it. Most of her blog posts on her trips are on where they went, blah blah. But what about all the planning and thought that went into it? I'd like to know more about that.
I agree with this. I find their family really relatable in their home /family life, and the travel stuff is visually brilliant. But where's the useful info on how to budget for the sort of trips they do? Where are the details of how much each hotel stay costs and how much an overall trip like the ones they do would cost in real life? Buying new things for the house all the time, new room = completely new (expensive!) furniture. That stuff to me is completely unrelatable because without the conversation about how they budget for these things, it's like living in make believe land. Totally unachievable for the average family.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Queenie

VIP Member
Katie is one I actually still like. Her travel vlogs are nice, she actually puts effort into them and it seems like she’s trying to do different kinds of videos than the bore cleaning/poundland hauls.

I don’t think her house is very “luxury” but they definitely have more money than she lets on. Bit strange to say you’ve spent all your money then do up a bathroom (and garden!) a few months later. I feel like she’s trying to do the same style as MOD/Clemmie Hooper, but her house is way smaller so it’s looking more like a budget version even with the £1k rug ?
Living in an ex council house I would definitely describe her 4/5 bedroom, new glass sun room, 3 bathroom, separate office building, garaged house “luxury”!

Life88

But that's not something to just single one influencer about. All of these people own there own homes and honestly Katie's is quite modest compared to some. She is a good person ,she doesn't brag and doesn't outwardly make you feel bad for it. It's just her life she cant hide these things. If these influencer6make you feel bad because they own homes surely all of them do so to single one person out isnt fair. Also to add just because her life is lovely now doesn't mean that they haven't worked for it or sacrificed things in the past.

• Heart

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
And this is why, I have never been on the Katie brigade fan wagon at 100%, because of her failure to actually stand up and set herself apart from all the minions who use and abuse their social presence aka Mrs Meldrum amongst others.
Agree. She’s the ultimate fence sitter. Won’t ever actually come out and say what she means, gives just enough to satisfy the sheep but never enough to put her on either side.

Can’t stand the woe is me post. “Oh diddums, sometimes I’m just not such a happy smiley little flower, I’ve had a god cry and spoken to my mummy”
Grow up. 🙄

• Heart

JessaP

I like her, and I think she is different to the others, hence why some of us like to hold her in a different regard. She is always VERY clear on ads which for lots of us in the main bugbear of many influencers, she’s always replied to messages and comments, again not all do, yes her repetitive we’re so grateful is a bit grating however I believe she feels that way, and if she didn’t say that lots of people would be here saying she doesn’t have a clue that most of us can’t afford this stuff/experiences. I also really like her for having careful control over her content and not sharing anything negative of the children as that’s not fair on them, so we don’t see the big tantrums or moods all kids have played out all the time.
Plus I think that the quality of her stuff is excellent, in terms of her video editing, photography, brand work, attention to detail in house stuff which I think is important for someone wanting to be in the interiors ‘influencer’ space.
That’s me done! I felt strongly enough about some of the recent comments that I wanted to add my view, just like those above.
Really interesting read! It's fascinating how differently people can perceive the actions of an influencer.
If you just glance at Tattle it's clear people appreciate transparency with ads. Influencers aren't held to account for non compliance to ASA guidelines, not in any lasting or meaningful way. So I can totally see why KE would seem like a breath of fresh air. This is further exacerbated by the fact she's often compared to the Meldrums et al which only makes her look better in comparison.
BUT Katie is just obeying best practice. I work in the pharma industry and you don't get a pat on the back for following guidelines, it's expected and there are consequences when you don't. This is true for most industries I don't know why this isn't the case for influencing/brand advocates. I don't think we should be applauding people for doing the basics of their jobs correctly but I understand that this just my opinion.
My biggest bugbear with all influencers is the over sharing bordering exploitation of their children. I don't think not showing tantrums, punishments and bad behaviour as careful control. I don't think plastering photos of your very young kids over an open Instagram account is careful control. I don't think it's even control. This is where I point out the cognitive dissonance. Rebecca Meldrum and MOD get raked over searing hot coals for this, Katie gets mildly accused of favouritism. I do think Katie gets a bit of easier time on Tattle because her content is good and she is personable. I do not think it's fair but it's just my opinion.

The rest is just difference of opinion. Some like her house, I think it's meh. Some like her self deprecating humor, I think the lady doth protest too much.

I really do understand why people are quick to defend her. She is the best of a bad bunch but that doesn't make her beyond reproach.

Sorry for the long rant! @Hereagain thoughtful post got me thinking! It's actually nice to have diversity of thought on tattle!

instasham13

Chatty Member
What grinds me so much is how when they bought that house she went on about how it would be a 10/15 year project because they aren't made of money.

Total bullshit. She's done the full house bar the ensuite which I guarantee they will do in 2020.

She knew fine well they'd find the money to do the house. It's that fake oh I'm just normal and need to save up shite I can't stand.

• Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I know this happened after they went but I wouldn’t even be going to places like Alabama and giving them my tourist $
I don’t see how it isn’t travelling? Not like they go and sit on a beach for two weeks at an all inclusive holiday. They literally travel around... surely that is exactly travelling?! Plus she has said they want to go to Asia when the kids are bigger, Japan I think was mentioned. Just because it isn’t your cup of tea doesn’t make it not travelling.

Ok so they aren’t backpacking the Inca trail, but they definitely travel more than the vast majority of people with 3 small kids.

You need to get your facts right. The sofas in their old house were bought by them from next!
No they weren’t. They were second hand. Maybe you need to get your facts right before being rude to people.

• Heart

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Although Katie is one of the better floggers for Channel Mum it almost makes it worse as something doesn't ring true with what she says about how they pay for things.
She tries to give the impression that she is the average Jo but in the last couple of years she apparently saved up to have braces for her teeth at the same time moved house, replaced the windows, changed the conservatory roof and windows, made over the garden, renovated the bathroom and furnished and decorated most of the rooms as well as replacing some of the doors (they work out expensive you know when you add on all the fittings). At the same time going on a vast amount of holidays, which she does discover she gets parts of free or discounted but even so we must be talking about tens of thousand of pounds spent so the 'I'm just like you, a normal mum trying to makes ends meet' doesn't wash. And now we are meant to believe they are having to remortgage the house to do the kitchen when she probably has plenty of kindly gifted / collaborations lined up for the job. It's dangerous as for a while I felt I wasn't providing the best life for my family because I can't afford the same for my children.

• Heart

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
I used to really like her at one point and now I think she just comes off as a little ungrateful at times with her constant moaning.

moaning about being anxious, moaning about school runs ect ect...

Try having to go to work for 40 hours a week when you actually have work related anxiety and depression, I feel physically sick everyday having to go to work, these influencers don’t know how lucky they are! I’d love to be able to stay at home all day!

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Don't forget that Lottie is their filling to their sandwich and the easiest to look after.

That the girls biggest treat is to have a sleepover in mummy and daddy's bed but she doesn't mind because they won't want to do it forever and these are the memories they will have forever.

Would be very easy to invent a drinking game (with diet coke obvs) on the times Katie repeats herself.

• Haha

Bumble2019

VIP Member
This women is the absolute pits. I'm so fed up with staring up her nostrils in every painfully boring renovation video. What is with those drawn on metre long eyebrows too and nasally voice?! I love how NONE of the renovation is original in any sense at all. She's SO bland. Her kids all look like they need a good hair brushing and sort out and her husband is hideous, I'm sorry but she acts like she's so hot!

Have to say, I'm going off katie more and more. The self deprecating posts are getting too much and too regular. We know shes thankful, we know she knows these days wont last forever, we know her and john are fortunate to work from home. The constant mentions of it are excessive at the moment. All in between the big spends they do and the constant new outfits katie has.

Yes anyone who cant see through all this faux self deprecation and faux humbleness is SERIOUSLY DUMB!

• Haha
  • Heart

Vee6

VIP Member
I'm ready for the Katie drinking game for the next freebie holiday. Everyone gets to take a shot every time she mentions 'being so, so grateful' 'know this job won't last forever' 'making memories for the children' 'So delighted to be working with this brand that she absolutely adores'
and john working for america, and re mortgaging for a new kitchen

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Flogon

anyone else becoming tired of mummydaddyme and the amount of freeloading that family does while moaning about everything else? Katie permanently on stories complaining she can’t be bothered to work, wishes their house reno could be done sooner etc. Yet they’ve nearly done all of their incredibly expensive house now, all she does is throw money at it (and herself, the number of hauls/expensive teeth whitening etc she lavishes herself doesn’t go unnoticed by viewers) - this “so grateful” for all their free stuff doesn’t wash while she continues moaning about fitting in her “work” (or lack of in her case). Becoming worse than the Ms.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
@Onthefence and that is the purpose of influencers, to make you feel that you would be happier if you brought all the stuff and went on all the holidays these pretend average mums 'just like us' have. It's because of them (not singling Katie out) that people are getting into debt for Disney holidays, bifold doors and f&b paint.
You just have to remember it is all make believe. They are basically actors in the Trueman show.

• Heart

daisiemae

I really Katie, and her travel content is amazing - she never puts a foot wrong! However, what I think she's doing really well is reading the negativity (maybe on here) and doing something about it - everything has changed to her name, and the older girls are not so heavily featured. She is starting to think about their digital footprints and safety. She's leading the way here and I think this is commendable. I'm still not fond of buying shit loads of trinkets though and making it aspirational ...
Totally agree with what you said re the negativity. What she said about not everyone liking you is so very true and can be applied to real life as well as online life. Many of the other vloggers should really take note of how she has handled that. I liked that she didn’t just label anybody who disagrees with her a troll. She’s honestly great!

Sabbie

VIP Member
I was wondering where the hell the hob is going! If it's going where the sink is that is super cramped. If it's on the island, isn't that going to mess up the ceiling again putting in a vent? The fridge still looks in a god awful place. It's the entrance to the kitchen so it's always going to be clogged up with people going by and using the fridge and freezer. Whenever they have guests around it will drive them bonkers. I would have put it over on the wall of cupboards and had random storage cupboards where they have the fridge freezer. The floor looked a bit warm beige in today's vlog which I hope is incorrect. I know the cupboards are supposed to be dark grey but they look so blue with that pink in the room. Love the utility tiles and the snug will be cute if she gets the right stuff to put in it. Overall it's going to be a nice kitchen for all the neighbors out back to stare at. 😄

• Haha

Jedoc

Shes very nice but sickly sweet, would love to hear her just lash out and call someone a cunt 😂

• Haha

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
Dont forget that they like the peppers raw
And that once a week she does a 2 hour round trip to take Maddie to football, its her favourite time spending one on one time with her biggest girl who she is so proud of. They have a picky tea on this day as no time for anything else.

• Haha

Sponfused

VIP Member
Not questioning you whatsoever Poppy, I'm happy to hear she responded to you and engaged with you. But I call such BS on her 'merely a friendly hello'. Yeah.. sure Jan. If it made you re-think things, then why would you on eartthhhh, decide to publicly welcome her back. Pfft.
I wish they would use their public platforms for some good in amongst all of the sponsored content that lines their pockets. If you disagree with a peer’s causal racism, call them out! I would almost even settle for distancing yourself from them (at the very least!). But going out of your way to welcome them back? You are telling society that this is acceptable and it is why these engrained behaviours never change. If you are a bit of a bigot, no worries! You won’t lose any friends. In fact you’ll be celebrated and adored. It’s so sick! I am glad that Katie’s kids are white middle class and will never have to deal with any of these prejudices! I guess that makes it pretty easy to support someone like Mrs Meldrum.

• Heart