Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

gypsymoth

VIP Member
She’s too sickly sweet for me! Unfollowed ages ago

And her husband, well, he clearly doesn’t want to be there when she’s got the camera out!

Reactions: 14

poppy120

Did she respond to @poppy120 question about it after she requested to follow her?
Yeah she did, she just said that she absolutely does not agree with anything Mrs M did or said and she agreed she handled it appalling and would tell her that. She said it’s made her rethink things in the future re Mrs M. She said her comment was merely a friendly hello and not meant to be taken the way it was but she can 100% see why it was.
Tbh I really like Katie and I still do, it was so good of her to reply bc so many of these insta mums never ever reply to messages and we had a really civilised conversation. She obviously makes an effort with her audience and she also said she never deletes anything bc she is open to constructive comments as long as they are said in the right way and likes to talk to people with other opinions

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Cutting down on the traveling they said at the start of the year. Making sure the children have more time at home and not forgetting the look at us being relatable having to remortgage for the kitchen renovation....so it's just USA road trip at Easter and Canada summer holiday this year. The poor things having to cut back so much.

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
After seeing Emily Norris' video on running for beginners which was just her selling trainers, headphones, sports bras, active wear etc.. its made me appreciate that Katies video was just a lovely, informative, well made video with not an affiliate or sales pitch in sight. Its great that she doesn't money grab at any available opportunity.

Downtoearth

Shock I see Jon went to manchester with the kids to visit his family and she stayed behind - she will literally do anything to avoid seeing them (on the rare occasion they do) yet poor jon is dragged out to her family All. The. Time. It’s stuff like this that grinds on me with Katie - she makes out she’s all about family yet she clearly can’t stand her in-laws. And don’t get me started on the “poor us we can’t afford to renovate any of our house” line, as they just blow £1k+ on a bloody bit of garden furniture to then plaster all over social media.... to then have her crying on YT about making people feel bad?! Get real Katie
I'm all about family too but I haven't seen my mother in law for 7 years. I told my husband before we had kids that I'd never let her near them and he was in agreement.

I don't think it's fair to make a very sweeping statement without knowing the ins and outs of someone's life.

Instawanker

They shouldn't earn their living and build their "careers" on their childrens privacy then
Regardless of that fact. I think that children’s appearance should be out of reach. They are children, they do not have a say what their parents do and as such don’t need to be able to look back on people commenting about their dress and hair.

That isn’t gossip, that is trolling and gets this site a bad name.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
I am actually starting to wonder if they’re secret lottery winners!
I'm wondering if when Katie mentions Jon working for America he actually does work for the whole of America.

Even on really good wages how can they afford two trips to America this year along for a family of 5 along with all the work on the house. It doesn't ring true.

Reactions: 13
It's the same cereal meldrum advertised and got dropped from.
She also had to write faecal bulk on her advert, and we all gave her a ribbing about how we always knew she was full of shit 😂😂😂 Ahhh good times!
I used to think Katie was quite good with selecting ads, but lately she's done a few where I've thought wtf! Clearly the money needs to roll in to pay for the kitchen.
Shame all Influencers are the same eventually!

Last edited:

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Her latest story post.. begging for likes 🙄
"My last 2 pictured haven't got a lot of likes, are you all seeing them?".
How pathetic. I would seriously re-evaluate my life if 1000+ likes wasn't sufficient.. or even that I was begging for likes of perfect strangers full stop! What a sad life they lead.
Oh my god, I know, how pathetic did she sound?!!!

I laughed out loud - that is honestly so needy and literally just her sat with her begging bowl - “ Oh, well, I’ve posted this photo which I love but maybe it’s not insta-worthy but I just dunno, it’s not had many likes - is Instagram broken?! It must be broken?! I usually get far more likes from complete strangers on the internet. Why are you not ALL liking my photo?! why? Why? WHYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Grown up for fuck sake woman. 🤷🏼‍♀️🙈

• Haha
  • Angry

cccccccmmmmmmmmm

It can’t have been that bad though, it had stopped bleeding on the insta story, surely a plaster would do, if it’s deep enough to need a bandage surely she’d need stitches?
In the nicest possible way, I wonder if you may be a little over-invested in Katie at this point, does it really matter how she dressed her cut finger?

• Haha

fireflies

VIP Member
I don't know it's that's a current business though.
She says she sometimes does some bits for john I always assumed admin tasks as what he does is very different to hers.
When working together in shared office they always seem to be separate.

Where Katie differs from other influencers is she has skills to survive with out you tube or being an influencer.
In way change of name and featuring older girls less she's already shaping up new content that format involve her kids.
She's not stupid it won't last forever.
Who wouldn't want the travel opportunities.
Whatever they spend on house renovating they will recoup the costs spent especially as some elements were gifted and clearly so.
I think she probably does social media work on side for brand and others .
They as a family don't have their eggs all in one basket
I don't feel they reckless with money but o don't think they skint either.
Despite lack travel and less money I enjoy the Ellison family.
I think her photography skills people skills and ability to reflect on how her content effects others maybe it's the psychology degree or ex work in police.
I think she's one of the better ones and don't understand why so much negativity.
She doesn't set out to brag or annoy she's just being herself.
A white middle class mum in the south East.
She's not false she is what you see.
As ever even if mere mortal like me we edit social media and try and show the positive bits.

Lexi_58836

Haha I know yeah.
Also every morning when she posts a picture of Wren in her bed and captions it "he came in at 4am, I've had no sleep since as I had to stay in one position but I wOuLn'T ChAnGe iT FoR tHe WoRld". How about just tell him no he can't come in your bed?! No way would I go months without a proper nights sleep because a toddler wouldn't sleep in his own bed. Why can some parents not say no to their kids.
Maybe she doesn’t want to. Maybe she knows that before long he’ll be too old to get in bed for cuddles. Maybe she appreciates that he needs and wants those cuddles. Maybe she likes that he comes in. Why should she tell him no? My 2 and 7 year old come in our bed every morning and my 2 year old especially loves coming in for a cuddle. Why be so harsh? He’s 3. He’s still very young in the grand scheme of things and I don’t think children should be denied a cuddle no matter what age they are.

Reactions: 12

instasham13

Chatty Member
I literally feel like every day I watch one of her stories she is 'just popping on' because she hasn't been on in a while.

You're on every day Katie.

• Haha
Yes, I reckon this is why mummy floggers keep having more babies - for content. Once their children are at school, there isn’t much to vlog really, unless you have another particular interest. There are only so many cleaning/organising, shopping haul and meal-plan videos that a vlogger can do. Her house is almost finished too, just the kitchen and maybe bathroom left? I wonder what they will all be vloggong in a few years time when their kids are at secondary school and possibly don’t want to perform for the camera. It’s such a new’career’ (😂). We haven’t got to that stage yet with any of the current popular mummies like Emily Norris, Meldrums etc. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with them all in the future.
I agree- I think unless you start to focus on one particular area ie become an organisational or cleaning guru then it’s like “what do I do long term?”

I hate hauls ie Poundland (although I don’t think Katie does these?), I don’t like clothing ‘hauls’ (why?!) in fact hauls of any kind, so showy-off. Don’t mind a house tour or renovation project documentation and then mentioning where are few bits have come from, but I can’t bear the constant consumption of kids clothes, adults clothes, for the purposes of a video. Most friends of mine hate these too, they’re just so narcissistic “look what I have and I’ve made a video because I think you should care too”

daisiemae

I’ve gone off her a bit lately, I just feel that she’s maybe a bit out of touch with the average family of 5.I’m so envious of her holidays I find myself being upset by looking at her photos. I’d love to have her holidays and get my house done up all as quick as they have, and I’m so jealous! It probably says more about me than her and It’s not a criticism of her but I just find her content has more of a negative effect on me than a positive lately.

B4rney

I’m quite confused what some of you actually want from influencers. You diss them because they are middle class. It’s like you want them to disclose their bank statements. Not everyone will be relatable to everyone fully. We all lead different lives, but there will he parts of peoples lives who we each can relate to in different ways.

Influencers wouldn’t be influencers if they didn’t promote or go on holiday, isn’t that the point? It would be boring to watch an influencer who was like well we are saving for a holiday check back in in 2 years.

It’s getting to the point where they are criticised whatever they do. Some criticisms are valid but many aren’t.

• Heart

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
I also struggle to understand if you are apparently saving to do any kind of renovation or house improvement why you'd go on such a big holiday. Again, I do get the desire to show your kids the world, however it's America (again) not Asia or Africa etc. as in there is some cultural differences of course, but apart from everything being bigger it's not that dissimilar from the UK. Not to mention the fact that they've done the whole California road trip etc. They would probably gain the same amount, if not more, from a holiday in France, for example - the ferry or tunnel and camping would be much cheaper, there's things like a different language to be exposed to and would also mean that the kids would have much less time stuck in a car travelling every couple of days.

Because they aren’t financially struggling. At all!

It’s all just a big game of smoke & mirrors.

She’s clearly from a wealthy family - just look at the vast amount of land she shows in the footage from her parents/grandparents property. It’s vast. You are talking millions of pounds worth of square footage. There is plenty of money there!!!

Her husband is clearly in a well paid job. She obviously gets paid well doing this whole “influencer” shtick.

They go on multiple far flung holidays that will be costing a fortune - because they can easily afford them.
They plan renovations to their home - because they can easily afford them.

I think it’s blindly obvious how financially comfortable they are and how this whole “Oh we are so skint, have to save up for this now” is nothing more than her way of keeping the less well off minions onside.

Reactions: 11

37BBL

VIP Member
First world problems when your new kitchen can only fit in a smaller wine fridge than you initially planned 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11