Katie Ellison #3 Content so plain no one even suggested a name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not surprised poor Lottie and Wren didn't want to spend another day doing something that revolves around Maddie. They seem to spend their lives going to Maddie's football, doing things with Maddie's friends from football or watching Maddie running. Always seems to be special days out for Maddie's SATs or Katie taking Maddie off to the cinema, shopping, watching women's football. Katie is always with Maddie whilst her husband has the younger two.

Reactions: 8
Pisses me off something silly when these families who clearly have decent incomes themselves get gifted expensive holidays. I am welfare officer at my son’s football club and I know several children Maddie’s age who have been through more in the last couple of years than any child should ever have to. They would bloody love the opportunity for a footballing holiday yet they don’t get any breaks at all as they come from low income, mainly single parent, families.

Just is not fair.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Does anyone know how much this trip they’re on costs the average Joe? I can’t seem to find price details. I suspect it’s crazy expensive as The Grove isn’t cheap for 5 people anyway, plus this company’s other locations are Dubai, the Maldives etc.

I’ve seen on their website that they are about to announce a girls only football camp, I’m surprised they haven’t waited to do that one so Katie can remind everyone that her girls are the only females to EVER play or be interested in football 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Does anyone know how much this trip they’re on costs the average Joe? I can’t seem to find price details. I suspect it’s crazy expensive as The Grove isn’t cheap for 5 people anyway, plus this company’s other locations are Dubai, the Maldives etc.

I’ve seen on their website that they are about to announce a girls only football camp, I’m surprised they haven’t waited to do that one so Katie can remind everyone that her girls are the only females to EVER play or be interested in football 🙄
I had a look also and couldn’t find a price, which I imagine means it’s super expensive. I submitted a query for the trip they’ve been gifted and one of the questions was what is your budget with a drop down box that ran into the tens of thousands of pounds.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

on Football Escapes enquiry page they ask your holiday budget - starts at £2,999 so Id imagine no less than that 🤮

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
on Football Escapes enquiry page they ask your holiday budget - starts at £2,999 so Id imagine no less than that 🤮
Good grief. Who do Football Escapes think Katie’s target audience are?!?

The kids are so indulged, they are constantly on trips or days out? How is it relatable, weren’t they on a trip to London just the other day? Is this normal?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Everything they do revolves around Maddie, the other two are going to stop complying as they get older and realise they don’t have to traipse around doing Maddie’s football things with her football friends.

The water sports day wouldn’t have been cheap either and it wasn’t too long ago they were in Dubai. They also went to Devon over Easter. Very indulged.

• Wow
Must be an expensive hotel if the Argentine football team are staying there 🙄 still waiting for my quote email.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Jeeeeeeeeez Football Escapes certainly got their money’s worth out of Katie and her family. I bet they’ve already signed her up again, she’ll be rubbing her hands together. After saying she was not expected to put anything up in return for the trip, she spammed the last 3 days full of her 3 kids’ every move. They are totally overexposed.

• Wow
I’m sure they run these abroad as well- i think it was set up by a lot of ex players including Jamie redknapp a few years ago although I could be wrong. I can imagine its fantastic (it certainly looks it) but it’s eye wateringly expensive- I’m not sure it’s something most football mums could afford, certainly not for 3 kids! It’s a shame as I don’t mind Katie but not quite sure football escapes will see much of a return on their investment in her from her audience

Reactions: 4
Anyone else really over these people who can clearly afford nice expensive holidays showing off their freebies?! I work unbelievably hard at what I do but can’t afford even one thing that these ‘influencers’ get gifted let alone do themselves. I think I need to step away because it’s making me feel inadequate as a parent.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Anyone else really over these people who can clearly afford nice expensive holidays showing off their freebies?! I work unbelievably hard at what I do but can’t afford even one thing that these ‘influencers’ get gifted let alone do themselves. I think I need to step away because it’s making me feel inadequate as a parent.

Snap both work full time really good jobs nice house but can’t afford a holiday in school holidays as so bloody expensive!!!

Reactions: 7
One thing I would normally say about Katie is that even when they travel to some exotic location they do things on a budget and share interesting content. It's not all sitting posing by the pool.

However, I think the Football Escapes could end up being an own goal because although her kids love football so the brand is a good fit if she does end up working with them again three days of watching her kids play football and sharing photos of creme brulees is going to become very dull. Also, she is normally really good about declaring ADs but the AD-PR Trip (hate that expression it should be AD-Gifted) was small, written in white, on her grid post the AD was hidden in the middle instead of at the top and she has become an influencer who now asks for people to like and comment. Her viewers probably think Katie is interested in their comments but truth is she wants the engagement for the brand so that they get an overseas free trip with them next time.

Reactions: 5
I think that's the point. I have never been jealous of an influencers home or clothes but when it comes to the opportunities influencers are able to give their children it does give you a feeling of being inadequate. That if your child hasn't been to Disneyland or been on holiday every half term or to a football camp run by Ex Premiership footballers you are failing your kids somehow. Parents then get themselves into debt thinking this is the normal expectation of the average Joe family when it's not.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
It’s clearly aimed at incredibly wealthy people, with no offence to Katie and her family, they wouldn’t be the type of family to go there unless it was free. If that was a week’s camp then it’s maybe more for her audience but 3 days (inclusive) NOT A CHANCE. Families would be sacrificing their family holiday for it. She banged on about it being “a great fit” for her family but it’s not consistent with her brand of being somewhat down to Earth normal people. It definitely jars.

It’s clearly aimed at incredibly wealthy people, with no offence to Katie and her family, they wouldn’t be the type of family to go there unless it was free. If that was a week’s camp then it’s maybe more for her audience but 3 days (inclusive) NOT A CHANCE. Families would be sacrificing their family holiday for it. She banged on about it being “a great fit” for her family but it’s not consistent with her brand of being somewhat down to Earth normal people. It definitely jars.
It’s a good fit in terms of her kids like football, but a lot of kids like football 🙄

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.