Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
My child has been in a football camp for the three days of half term. £20 a day for a full day of training, not by ex premiership players mind and not at a luxury hotel and I didn't stand around watching all day because I was working. Would I pay that eye-watering amount even if it includes bed and breakfast and the coaches remember your kids name? Absolutely not. I am sure it was lovely if it is a freebie or if you are mega rich but that is an insane amount of money to spend on your child's hobby. I likewise would have more respect for these brands if they were offered free places to disadvantaged children or children of key workers maybe.
Wouldn't you be livid if you had paid all that money and found out an influencer and her family had been given it for free. Katie isn't a high end holiday influencer. I don't see her audience being the target market.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
So the two girls are having separate rooms now and the wee makeovers are their Christmas Present!!!
Seriously!!!! That’s just part and parcel of family life!!!! What a pair of cheapskates 😡😡😡
I definitely don’t think they scrimp on the kids whatsoever, if anything she’s probably saying it to downplay it. I can imagine they get brand new iPhones/iPads/PlayStations
They’re always in branded clothes. I bet they’re absolutely minted

• Wow

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
I’ve out right asked her if she’s had work done on Instagram in the past (in a friendly way!) and she’s outright ignored it. There’s nothing wrong with it but I hate the dishonesty! Nobody gains volume in the face that way at her age, even with a little weight gain (which I don’t really think she’s gained at all!).
Unless she is advertising skincare I totally get why she would ignore your comment. If in real life someone asked me 'in a friendly way' if I had had work done I'd tell them where to get off.

Clare

VIP Member
Ahh I have to say, I can’t help but like Katie. She was one of the first insta people I followed years ago, we were pregnant at the same time. We lost one of our twins shortly after birth and spent months in hospital with our surviving twin. I coped towards the end by raising money for the nicu, and messaged everyone I could think of to share our just giving link and story - MOD promptly blocked me 😂 but Katie was one of the only ones who replied saying of course she would help and she shared our story, even asking how I wanted her to share/help etc. I think some of her stuff is a bit dull maybe, but I like her and she took the time to respond to me and help me out when things were very shit.
Wowww to the MOD blocking. From a midwife as well. She truly was a disgusting person, so glad her fall from insta grace was so brutal.

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
A 26 minute video on how to customise your iphone screen🤦‍♀️who has the time or the inclination to watch that. Not many adults care enough about wiggits on their phone enough to sit through a 26 minute video. No wonder it barely has any views. She really is scraping the barrel for ideas judging by that video. Also regarding her weight loss.. if you notice when she gained weight, she was hiding behind her kids or Jon in the pictures, now shes back to thinking shes a snack again. Constantly showing her outfits off, taking excessive pics/vids of herself. She was much more likable bigger, not as full of herself.

• Heart

Beakytoo

Chatty Member
Agree with everything being said. Have to hand it to Katie she is one of the few influencers who has managed to carve a niche out for herself with the travel. She also produces really high quality videos and photos which must take a lot of time. She’s made me really want to go to Dubai I’ve always thought it was quite a seedy non-family orientated place to go to before. Anna Brem- Wilson has just returned from Dubai but all I’ve seen from her is posing on the beach with her kids and eating out.

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Well as long as she gets to be smug at some point. It’s not like the cost of everything is rising all the time and a lot of families are struggling to fund the basics 🤦🏼‍♀️
That’s true, but in fairness to Jon he works hard in his job, and Katie does a hell of a lot more actual work than most other influencers so I personally don’t begrudge them spending their money on whatever they like and they’ve always been very upfront that travel is what they like doing.

Still not smart to advertise they are on holiday though 🤣

Hurrah54

VIP Member
Yeah I'm really not a fan of a 'what I eat in a day' like that.. she lost me when she had houmous and rice cakes as a snack..mm bitch please 🙄 just eat a bloody snickers.
It's not relatable and basically just makes you feel like crap one way or another.
A thin omelette like that for dinner is just not enough.

She's just so quirky and relatable though because she never drinks enough water 😵😴

37BBL

VIP Member
I'm sure Katie has said before that she doesn't go overboard at Christams because the children know they are lucky with the experiences they get in terms of holidays etc. To be fair, I don't begrudge her philosophy there. They do go on expensive holidays and back when she said this I am sure they were paid for by themselves.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
It is such a shame what Instagram and influencers have done to things like Halloween. Kids can't just wear whatever they fancy, all these themed family photographs and grazing boards of sweets.

Imagine her kids asking 'mum, why are we in the woods with pumpkins on our heads?'
'For Instagram darling....for Instagram'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Mumof3&wifeof1

My kids also pick a decoration each year! This year my 3 year old picked a dinosaur, 5 year old a unicorn and 8 year old a PlayStation controller?!? Do they go with the rest of the tree? No. Do I care? No!!

• Heart

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Anyone else really over these people who can clearly afford nice expensive holidays showing off their freebies?! I work unbelievably hard at what I do but can’t afford even one thing that these ‘influencers’ get gifted let alone do themselves. I think I need to step away because it’s making me feel inadequate as a parent.
I think that's the point. I have never been jealous of an influencers home or clothes but when it comes to the opportunities influencers are able to give their children it does give you a feeling of being inadequate. That if your child hasn't been to Disneyland or been on holiday every half term or to a football camp run by Ex Premiership footballers you are failing your kids somehow. Parents then get themselves into debt thinking this is the normal expectation of the average Joe family when it's not.

• Heart
  • Sad

Sabbie

VIP Member
Well, I knew Katie was boring. And I knew Katie was fake. But I’d didn’t know Katie would reach cuntcake status so quickly. Videoing your kid crying for clicks and pats is new shitting low. Her husband is a fucking wet wipe putting up with that.

• Angry

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
Who has the time and the energy to try on a load of clothes that you aren’t intending on buying? I cba even trying on something I want.