Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lucyinthesky88

VIP Member
Pisses me off something silly when these families who clearly have decent incomes themselves get gifted expensive holidays. I am welfare officer at my son’s football club and I know several children Maddie’s age who have been through more in the last couple of years than any child should ever have to. They would bloody love the opportunity for a footballing holiday yet they don’t get any breaks at all as they come from low income, mainly single parent, families.

Just is not fair.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Katie is one of the few influencers who haven't pissed me off with this desperate need to be out doing stuff during a pandemic. She hasn't had days out just for the sake of content. As someone with a sporty child even before Covid it is quite difficult to plan activities other than sport because the matches aren't always on at the sametime each week. They seem very comitted to Maddie's football so don't think they would miss a game for a trip to a farm, theatre show etc..

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
The ADs are becoming less authentic. I don't believe for one minute that Katie would buy clothes from this kind of fashion company and in all the years she has been sharing her travel content has she or her family shown any interest in camping before?

• Wow

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
They can’t just go on a week long package holiday can they. Has to be a “once in a lifetime road trip” doesn’t it

• Haha
  • Wow

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
Grateful she posted that reel today. I’m 38 and had no idea how to be comfy at the weekends. How have I survived this long without this crucial information. Thanks Kate

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
This influencer gig is just smoke and mirrors. On her latest AD for the laptop the majority of the comments are from her influencer friends all saying the same thing about how this looks so good and they need one for their child. It is all so insincere.
The engagement is just her pals all saying the same thing.

Mrslollypop

VIP Member
It seems to me that they just go on holiday to places to take photos for Instagram. How the hell is it enjoyable dragging three children in the boiling hot around a city to look at buildings and buy pastries they don’t like?

pipmint

Probably because they have a big holiday booked. One day you’ll wake up to them all smug at the airport with her saying how good the kids were on the 36 hour flight and they’ll spend 3 months exploring Japan. Just to make you feel really shit about not being to afford a week in the Costa Del Sol.
OMG this is so precise. They were always so good on the flight and all the airport staff were so nice and they got given amazing seats without asking and everyone on the plane commented on how well behaved their children were.

• Haha

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I think Katie has shown herself up a little with this trip to Dubai. It’s one of the first times they’ve gone to a non majority Christian/White country and I find the way she has spoken about locals really patronising and judgemental. Also saying that a hotel complex was “done in an Arabic style” - it’s a Arab country. I think she was out of her depth and should stick to Disney
Totally disagree. I think she's done a great job and really opened my (ignorant) eyes to another side of Dubai that I didn't know existed.

• Heart

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Louise Pentland, Emily Norris, Brummy Mummy and Katie all have children going into high school and all of them appear MUCH younger. I was on my sons tiktok looking at what his peers post and I was shocked! Girls in year 7 flaunting their boobs, vaping, posing.. my area is a nice area too (albeit in Manchester, not some quaint village). Them kids will be bullied or at the very least stand out and be easy prey. I do think that the thing they have in common is parents keeping them young for brand deals. Its not fair on the children. Living as walking bilboards rather than normal children. I can only see it backfiring.
I mean I'd much prefer younger to that behaviour. My niece is 14 now and definitely not behaving like that thankfully!

• Heart

Justreading

VIP Member
Aren't all children pretty ordinary to all but their parents though! That comment isnt really needed on her thread.

Despite what we think of her, her children are happy and healthy, they're well cared for. That's all that matters.

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Refreshing to see a mum at home without a stupid filter on or ridiculous make up just to chat on Instagram.

• Heart

Clare

VIP Member
Every day is her favourite. Best day ever. We all had such wholesome fun. Did you have a good weekend? (Don’t actually care). We’re a perfect family. Blahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Most of the time I like her but sometimes she’s just too sickly smug. Just enjoy your life, stop using every single day and event as content.

• Heart

jeßßamae

She uploaded a YT video and said it's a private campsite, basically a field out the back of a farm. Apparently they felt self-conscious about putting a tent up with other people around 🤨
What on Earth does that even mean? How can you be self conscious about pitching a tent on a campsite...surrounded by other people who have or are also pitching tents? Just say you feel you are too important to camp alongside the peasant public and be done with it, good grief 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow

bluesloth

I totally disagree. I think she shares travel really well and I like that they show a family side and actually do things on their trips. They genuinely do see and experience places.
I agree, she is one of the only mum influencers who actually does fun things on a holiday rather than sun bath

• Heart

Clare

VIP Member
Look at my clothes haul .. same old hashed out content. Poor kids live in the golden child's shadow.
Absolutely. You can see they’re banking on ‘Mads’ hitting the women’s football big time in the future. Katie is living vicariously through her. No one else’s dreams matter. How convenient they’re all so much into football….more like the others realised it was futile to have a different interest and just gave in. No family I know has just one shared hobby??

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
I'd hardly call her children unkempt. They play a lot of sport so comfy clothes and wind swept hair is the norm. Nothing wrong with girls in football shirts and tracksuit bottoms.

Reactions: 14