Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never had Clark’s shoes, but my mum was poor! But a friend didn’t believe me when I said I never had any, apparently everyone has had Clark’s shoes! 😂 I do think it’s ridiculous how some companies who don’t need any advertising give away free stuff to people who don’t need it, very sad.
I only had them as our grandparents bought them.

Random but does anyone rate Asda school shoes?

Reactions: 2
Just me who doesn't rate Clarks then? The pairs I have bought have broken within the first few weeks. Other shoes have lasted until they dont fit. I certainly wouldn't be inclined to try them again after an ad on Instagram!!!
I don’t rate Clarks at all either. They scuff, the insides go all funny and wear out within weeks. Not worth it at all.

Been watching this for a while and I’ve just had to finally comment.
I agree with those of you suggesting she should offer shoes to others more in need than her. Three children worth of shoes is just embarrassing. Does she have no conscience?
After all, she will have mostly been paid for the AD too so that would pay for more shoes, probably for the whole of her kids classes!
I’m also very surprised Katie hasn’t gone with her favourite brand Tesco on the uniform and shoe front but Clark’s have obviously come up trumps first.
I do not rate Clark’s myself. They are not like they used to be and no influencer is going to influence me to buy. In fact, now it will send me elsewhere. I am my own person, not a minion.

Reactions: 3
Just me who doesn't rate Clarks then? The pairs I have bought have broken within the first few weeks. Other shoes have lasted until they dont fit. I certainly wouldn't be inclined to try them again after an ad on Instagram!!!
Hate Clark’s shoes they end up scuffed within weeks a we buy asda now so much cheaper and good quality too. Don’t mind buying a new pair each term if needed

Reactions: 3
Hate Clark’s shoes they end up scuffed within weeks a we buy asda now so much cheaper and good quality too. Don’t mind buying a new pair each term if needed
I’m surprised Asda didn’t nab Katie either as she did a deal with them recently too didn’t she??
I am definitely not paying Clark’s prices this time as you now don’t know how long they’ll be at school either!! I’ve lost 5 months worth of wear!

Reactions: 4
I dont buy clarks either I usually get the toe zone ones from sainsbury and wait for the 25% off. We have had clarks when my eldest started school but they lasted no longer. I did buy some kickers once and they did last amazingly well and didn't stuff i just cant afford 3 lots of them at a time.

I’ve never had Clarks shoes wear out for my three. A few years ago they started making them much better, with the hard hit areas cushioned by rubber. I worked at a school and Clark’s and Start Rite definitely fared better overall, during the year.
I’ve heard bad things about their “girls” shoes though.

Clark’s shoes are not great for girls. Especially if your girl likes football or climbing anything that will get them scruffed. They are all small and dainty. Not worth the money in my opinion.

Reactions: 1
Even Katie Ellison said in the comments the shoes her girls are wearing are from the boys section! Thought that was quite a bad advert for them tbh considering she has 2 girls. Even though they like football etc most girls do so the fact Clarks don't accommodate that doesn't look good imo

Even Katie Ellison said in the comments the shoes her girls are wearing are from the boys section! Thought that was quite a bad advert for them tbh considering she has 2 girls. Even though they like football etc most girls do so the fact Clarks don't accommodate that doesn't look good imo
I was thinking this too! I'm suprised Clark's don't have a unisex section yet, my little girl always scuffs her shoes no matter what brand I buy her!😆 I do like Clark's for the half sizes /width choices. Good on Katie though for letting her girls wear comfy shoes no matter what gender they are for! 👏👏👏👏

Reactions: 7
My Mum every year bought us Kickers and they were then handed down to my younger siblings!! She used to rub black polish on the toe section to hide scuff marks 😊

Reactions: 1
I start the school year with shoes from Russell and Bromley, expensive but tend to last better and a bigger selection to choice from. If by spring / summer they don't fit I'd replace with supermarket or somewhere like Next or M&S. But like someone mentioned earlier we don't know what the next school year will look like so not sure I'll want to pay out a lot of money for school shoes and uniform.

I do think Clarkes need to rethink how they market themselves, as said previously it is very white, middle class influencers they are using but I doubt Katie would have been given the option to donate the shoes to someone else because the main selling point is how they fit your own child's feet. What would be better is if they offered more giveaways to the audience but I think that is down to the brand rather than the Influencer.

I only had them as our grandparents bought them.

Random but does anyone rate Asda school shoes?
Yes! My daughter needed a new pair in May (not this year) so I bought Asda ones as her clarks fell apart. They lasted so well until she grew out of them

Another recommendation for Asda school shoes here 👍
Had them for my lad and girl and wouldn't go back to Clarke's tbh, they last far better! Some asda's have feet measures too now so you can do it yourself 🙃

Just watched her what we eat in a week and i feel really greedy!
Are they all really tiny? If i have my husband and kids one fajhita each, i think they'd lob them at me 😂😂🙈

That what we eat in a week video is laughable - tiniest portions ever and where is the veg?!?!?! It’s all just plain, dull carbohydrates. I can’t believe she thought that would be good “content”!!!

I see Katie’s gone and bought two paddle boards during lockdown... oh how very relatable, dropping the best part of £600 on those things that no doubt they’ll use for a few more Instagram shots and then never again (remember the bike jonion bought her at the start of lockdown? Disapppeared into thin air quicker than those cats did 🤣). She also seems to have totally stopped the marathon training and it already replying to commenters saying it would be so different without crowds... if the marathon goes ahead I for one will be interested to see how sweet innocent Katie backtracks out of this one... injury anyone?!?!

Her smile really annoys me since she sorted her teeth out. It’s just the weirdest smile, with full set of teeth and gum on show, I don’t get why she smiles like that?
She looks like a character from the Grinch!! Amusing given the size of her ego - anyone noticed her instagram grid is just become more and more shots of her? Surprising when you consider the amount she bangs on about being shy, not confident etc.....

That what we eat in a week video is laughable - tiniest portions ever and where is the veg?!?!?! It’s all just plain, dull carbohydrates. I can’t believe she thought that would be good “content”!!!

I see Katie’s gone and bought two paddle boards during lockdown... oh how very relatable, dropping the best part of £600 on those things that no doubt they’ll use for a few more Instagram shots and then never again (remember the bike jonion bought her at the start of lockdown? Disapppeared into thin air quicker than those cats did 🤣). She also seems to have totally stopped the marathon training and it already replying to commenters saying it would be so different without crowds... if the marathon goes ahead I for one will be interested to see how sweet innocent Katie backtracks out of this one... injury anyone?!?!

She looks like a character from the Grinch!! Amusing given the size of her ego - anyone noticed her instagram grid is just become more and more shots of her? Surprising when you consider the amount she bangs on about being shy, not confident etc.....
Not meaning to sound like I am defending her but do you think that is part of a move away from showing the children less?

It’s probs the cost of the teeth she’s getting her money’s worth.

I don't get your point about the bikes, I feel like they go on about 15 bike rides a week? Good for them. I also don't disagree with the paddleboard purchases, they're so much fun, great exercise and ideal if you live close enough to water to use them on which they do. Of course they won't be able to use them in the winter but not much you can do about that in the UK!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.