Katherine Ryan #2 Katherine was feminist to the core, married pyro BK and became an obedient bore

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her justification of going to Dubai was that if she refused to perform in countries whose government she didn’t agree with, she’d be unable to perform anywhere, and that she doesn’t agree with the UK government. Pretty pathetic response.

Consensual gay sex is punishable by up to a decade in prison in Dubai. Moreover, every time someone like her takes a gig there, she’s directly contributing to legitimising Dubai on the world stage.

She is not responsible for how the country conducts itself but I’d have had more respect for her if she just said, yes they gave me a duck ton of money, and I love money, as she has said many times in the past.

Reactions: 20
It was very disingenuous for her to say our government is far from perfect as a way to somehow justify her choice: a) as others have pointed out, being gay isn't a crime here and b) living in a country and choosing to travel to a country for lucrative work are not comparable things

Reactions: 14
It continues to astound me how people have no issue with supporting the UEA economy by holidaying there. Even gay celebs like Scott Mills and Alan Carr have gone which I find disgusting. Now if you want to “both sides” it, then you can argue different cultures, different religions, different beliefs blah blah blah. But I don’t want to support or go to a country whose fundamental laws punish homosexuality, thanks but no thanks (and I am straight BTW).

Reactions: 24
I found her justification really shallow as well. A key difference is that if she performs in the UK, she can openly criticize the government. She could say what she likes. She could wear an outfit while performing or hold a flag saying - I stand against x and y human rights abuses by the UK govt.

She can’t do this in Dubai where it is forbidden to openly criticize the government. So her saying that it’s no different to performing in the UK because she doesn’t agree with everything this country does, just doesn’t add up. I’d rather she was just open about the fact that she prefers making money to ethical values in this particular instance.

Reactions: 18
"I will perform in N4zi Germany because I perform in the UK where I don't agree with the government's policy on taxation."

Just admit it's the money/fame and stop tangling yourself in stupid arguments.

Reactions: 20
I was disappointed that she was going there but maybe I would if I got a ton of money so can't judge that, but her reasoning was just stupid and annoyed me.

Reactions: 3
I'm not 100% on the Dubai thing. Joe lycett has his new show and he always puts fake news stories online for show content. He (well his production team) plant fake showbiz stories on social media and watch the fallout and then ridicule the people who run with it as fact.
Katherine is one of his BFFs and she's due to appear on it (she may have been on last night's show, I didn't watch it)
Same with Jon Richardson and Lucy Beaumont's divorce announcement. It just doesn't ring true. I really won't be shocked when they turn up on his show next week.
(I am a very cynical person and don't trust anything I read online 🤣)

Reactions: 6
I'm not 100% on the Dubai thing. Joe lycett has his new show and he always puts fake news stories online for show content. He (well his production team) plant fake showbiz stories on social media and watch the fallout and then ridicule the people who run with it as fact.
Katherine is one of his BFFs and she's due to appear on it (she may have been on last night's show, I didn't watch it)
Same with Jon Richardson and Lucy Beaumont's divorce announcement. It just doesn't ring true. I really won't be shocked when they turn up on his show next week.
(I am a very cynical person and don't trust anything I read online 🤣)
I don't quite understand, I'd get it if the rumours came from elsewhere but when it's the actual person(s) involved making the statement how can Joe ridicule people for believing it?

Reactions: 2
Omg the cheek of her commenting on what tori spelling said about her fanjo (I agree the 14yr old comment was gross) when she is constantly going on about her beautiful perfect vagina.

If she's deliberately trying to come across as ignorant, ill-informed, snobby, and just all around cringily unpleasant and awful in the latest edition of the pod, she's smashing it. First time I've properly disliked her and thought she's being a nasty twit.

Saying she refuses to get involved in politics and then saying you can't have an opinion on Palestine if you live in a country with a colonial past (because you must apparently be ok with your country's colonial past if you continue to live there?)
Saying being a breastfeeding mother (and claiming to be one when we all know she wasn't and isn't with her most recent two babies) is the same as being disabled - offensive to literally everyone
Saying it's ok for photogs to ask Hannah Waddingham to expose her legs
Calling members of the public 'muggles' (cringed so hard I turned inside out)
Singing. Katherine please stop singing. You have a nice voice but it comes across sooo tragic when you sing.

Reactions: 14
Isn't she?? I thought she was up breastfeeding all night. Was that a lie?
Neither of her two younger kids would nurse so she expressed. We were treated to many hundreds of clips of footage of her expressing on her insta. Certainly a difficult and arduous undertaking but not the same as breastfeeding as by definition she isn't need to be on call. She is up lots of times on the night with them but giving them bottles not breastfeeding. And she let slip the other day that she isn't expressing anymore either. It's a little thing and it's probably nitpicking but saying you're a breastfeeding mum when you are expressing is misleading. And I have no stake in it as I didn't even bf!

Reactions: 2
Neither of her two younger kids would nurse so she expressed. We were treated to many hundreds of clips of footage of her expressing on her insta. Certainly a difficult and arduous undertaking but not the same as breastfeeding as by definition she isn't need to be on call. She is up lots of times on the night with them but giving them bottles not breastfeeding. And she let slip the other day that she isn't expressing anymore either. It's a little thing and it's probably nitpicking but saying you're a breastfeeding mum when you are expressing is misleading. And I have no stake in it as I didn't even bf!
Expressing is breastfeeding ffs.

Reactions: 15