Kate Murnane - dollybowbow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bet Emily Norris is fuming šŸ˜‚ as she claims to be the master hacker for mums
To be fair, Emily Norris has lots of hacks. And her book would probably be quite good! Kate on the other hand?! Has a handful of hacks. Itā€™s not really what sheā€™s known for is it?! But apparently that warrants a book??! How when her boys arenā€™t even that old?! Simple hacks for mums with children under 7 then!! What is the world coming to. God help us

Reactions: 6
So I wonder if sheā€™s moving to Cheshire?!
If not, how tf do you not ensure thatā€™s right at least

Reactions: 1
So I wonder if sheā€™s moving to Cheshire?!
If not, how tf do you not ensure thatā€™s right at least
I can't imagine her moving away from her parents and grandparents. Not when her Dad is her builder/decorater/carpenter/gardner/kitchen fitter

Aye thereā€™s no greater hack than becoming a shallow dull YouTuber with basic content and then getting everything and anything for free whilst you and your husband wander around primark and homesense all day and call it ā€œworkā€.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Can't say I've seen her post any hacks? She does lots of hauls and home stuff but no hacks?
Bet they've all been ripped off of Emily, she'll be furious! Just as said, they'd happily stab each other in the back to get a deal or a freebie.

Reactions: 4
Funniest thing is Kate and Emily were sat round the table at the ā€œhostedā€ event the other day! Emily will be fuming!

I've literally seen her post like 3 hack videos I swear, and she has a book? Surely that's a joke! And surely if anyone should have a hack book it should be Emily norris? Ridiculous

Itā€™s the same publisher as Beggy Meldrums colouring books that she apparently wrote!! More like she just picked the colours for the cover.

I think these publishers are just paying to stick these mummy influencers name on the front.

Reactions: 5
I expect sheā€™s googling hacks and then copying them over to her word doc before sending to her publisher!

Reactions: 2
Considering she doesn't know the difference between your and you're I think it's safe to assume she has written this book, theres some poor uncredited ghost writer trawling pinterest for the content.

Sorry to say but the book sounds crap, contrived, patronising and valueless.
I'd much rather read Anna Mathurs book on motherhood.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Considering she doesn't know the difference between your and you're I think it's safe to assume she has written this book, theres some poor uncredited ghost writer trawling pinterest for the content.

Wow, her grammar is shocking. Baby's/Mum's/you're. Author, my arse. What a flop.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I'm not sure how old you are children are.

THICK.

Reactions: 4
I'm still completely confused as to why anyone would want parenting hacks from someone who has two kids but neither of them doing anything all day.

Parenting with two adults at home all day long, your Dad fixing your house up for free, everything you own is sent to you for free, and you just potter around the garden centre and shops all week because you have nothing to do, is not relatable to anyone at all.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I'm still completely confused as to why anyone would want parenting hacks from someone who has two kids but neither of them doing anything all day.

Parenting with two adults at home all day long, your Dad fixing your house up for free, everything you own is sent to you for free, and you just potter around the garden centre and shops all week because you have nothing to do, is not relatable to anyone at all.
I agree,Emily Norris gave parenting tips a while back, it's so condescending to parents that have to leave the home to work etc

Reactions: 3
show me the book of parenting hacks from the family with two working parents, managing on average wages without cleaners, nannies, free holidays and I'll willingly buy it!

Why would I pay for someone without a clue about real world parenting to tell me how to do it better?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
show me the book of parenting hacks from the family with two working parents, managing on average wages without cleaners, nannies, free holidays and I'll willingly buy it!

Why would I pay for someone without a clue about real world parenting to tell me how to do it better?
well said

Reactions: 3

100%.
Don't tell that I need to spend one of my many free days reorganising my shoe cupboard because it's too full of freebies again. Or how to entertain my kids on one of many free luxury flights to Dubai.

Tell me how the duck I get my kids to school on time with all their homework/spellings/reading books done, still manage to arrive at work on time so I can finish work with enough time to grab the weekly food shop on the way to collecting the kods from swimming/dance/god knows what else, and juggle the bedtime routine with my husband who also works late to pay our god damn mortgage without opening a bottle of wine on a Monday and without losing my mind. Asking for a friend šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 10
100%.
Don't tell that I need to spend one of my many free days reorganising my shoe cupboard because it's too full of freebies again. Or how to entertain my kids on one of many free luxury flights to Dubai.

Tell me how the duck I get my kids to school on time with all their homework/spellings/reading books done, still manage to arrive at work on time so I can finish work with enough time to grab the weekly food shop on the way to collecting the kods from swimming/dance/god knows what else, and juggle the bedtime routine with my husband who also works late to pay our god damn mortgage without opening a bottle of wine on a Monday and without losing my mind. Asking for a friend šŸ¤£
Exactly!

Teach me how to deal with teen bullying and low self esteem? Tell me how to manage a household on one part time furloughed income because my partners been made redundant during the pandemic? Give me a hack for finding childcare so I can return to my front line key worker role.

It'll be the usual rehashed hacks of putting all the bedding into the pillow case, buying 5 loads of uniform (because that's affordable for everyone) and sorting into a wardrobe divider and meal planning/prepping.
Not to mention the usual pretentious, pompous drivel about self care, written by someone with absolutely no real world commitments! Do we really need a woman who's husband is at home all day and who's job is to shop, put on make up and scroll Instagram to tell us how important it is to make time for us, to read a book, light a candle, put on a face mask? The arrogance of someone who's whole existence is one big act of self care telling women who are juggling work and families or single parents trying to make ends meet. It's like rich people telling those in poverty to just work a bit harder and they too can have a similar life.

I used to like Kate but between her recent online demeanour, supporting racist Meldrums and now this waste of paper and ink, she can eff right off!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.