Kate Murnane - dollybowbow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This doesn't surprise me...I think some of the stuff from Dollybowbow was bought wholesale (like those chunky gold rings with the stone that were popular in like 2011/2012 amongst bloggers).

It is - I've seen it a lot with these Instagram businesses and all over Depop lately. I guess people don't really think to check Ebay and such and see that its just wholesale stuff. A lot of the big Ebayers do it as well - buy the stuff wholesale and then put 'UK Stock' in the name/image, so people are more likely to buy from them and not the China sellers where it'd take like 2-3 weeks shipping.

I think it'd only be illegal if she was claiming to have made/designed the items herself. I don't think its very ethical though.

Reactions: 3
Its really changed my opinion of Kate.

Reactions: 5
It’s not even wholesale though is it, she could’ve just told her followers where to buy them on eBay. It’s dispicable. Not to mention, posting an eco warrior video last week & now buying cheap tat in bulk from China

Reactions: 9
Has anyone called her out anywhere?! She doesn’t seem like the block and delete type, she might reply if they did.

I commented on another person's question on her latest grid post letting them know they could pick up one of her hair clips for £2 on eBay and it was promptly deleted. I like her but lost a lot of respect shilling tat at such a big markup and silencing those who call her out on it.

Reactions: 10
To me all her silence does is show that they probably are the crappy eBay ones. If they weren’t she would address it and say, “I’m getting lots of messages about these similar ones but that’s not mine, I get mine from X seller”

Reactions: 5
Don't give her ideas lol

What I meant is, if they were legitimate she would say so and explain where she got them from. But she’s staying quiet because they are probably crap quality eBay/wholesale stock!

Reactions: 4
Wasnt there couple years ago big backlash against some Irish influencers who were buying wholesale then saying it's their own designs.

I like Kate and I'm disappointed.

Reactions: 2
This has annoyed me probably more than it should have! Greedy greedy influencers. It's not right. I made a couple of comments on her IG about getting them cheaper on Ebay. It wasn't addressed, it was just deleted within around 10 minutes. My opinion of her has dropped considerably. I follow a lady called Charlie o'Brien and she put on her IG stories that she loved her hair clip but was irritated to learn that she could get it cheaper elsewhere. I wonder if that was a dig at Kate. She's doing herself no favours. But like every influencer, they have too many sheep kissing their arse! They would charge for air if they could! And the sheep would buy it

Love Charlie

I asked her directly where she sources her new jewellery from when she asked for questions for her Q&A. Quelle surprise, she didn’t answer the Q such a shame. She was one of the less money grabbing YTers.

I asked her directly where she sources her new jewellery from when she asked for questions for her Q&A. Quelle surprise, she didn’t answer the Q such a shame. She was one of the less money grabbing YTers.
Such a joke isnt it!?
I actually have the "love" hair slide that she advertises. I got it from Ebay for £1.95 including p&p yet she's selling the exact same thing for around £7. And will probably charge postage.
I wish more people would wise up. Can't the sheep see that she is mocking them. So gulable.

Reactions: 6
Came here to mention this one. No disclosure at all in the title or description

Quiz Planet must pay a decent sum!!

Edit:: is this true? (Reply to a commenter on the video)
Not sure if it's true but I have seen quite a few yters say and do that, fab hannah was the most recent I've noticed so someone must have told them that somewhere

This is shocking about the hair clips... so brazen. I usually really like Kate’s stuff as well although I don’t watch vlogs and it seems to be Rick that annoys most of you so I assume he’s in those

Reactions: 1
New to tattle. I'll be honest I'm not a follower of Kate as I don't really enjoy her content but she isn't actually doing anything wrong. It's just business all company's do the same.

I work for a number of food manufacturers and the for example Aldi , Tesco and Waitrose are responsible for the same tactic. They sell the exact same chicken and cold meats just packaged differently. Same supplier, in some instances same factory just a different label ... So if the consumer doesn't want to do research for cost comparison then it's their fault ..

Welcome
I see your point, but those companies aren't pretending to be your best mate, just on social media for a bit of a hobby and a few pennies. You don't expect your mate to sell you oranges for the price of gold do you? Unfortunately some people that follow these influencers on social media don't see how much of a business it really is.

Reactions: 9
Thank you

I see your point too, I didn't think of it that way. I think it's more of a moral injustice

Reactions: 2
She’s another one who manages to make holidays a snooze fest. She’s in Rhodes and I’ve just watched a smaller account there the other week Ever After With Kids and she made it look so interesting and showed us the island and stuff to do, made me want to go there, can’t believe katebowbow is in the same place she’s just sat by the pool and shown us what’s in her blooming bag looks so boring such a contrast

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.