Kate Murnane - dollybowbow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Primark Haul uploaded today which was an unmarked AD. The first few minutes of the video and lo and behold, no AD in the title!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Primark Haul uploaded today which was an unmarked AD. The first few minutes of the video and lo and behold, no AD in the title!
It is one of the most random adverts ive ever seen... does not fit at all and dont get me started on the non disclosure....

Reactions: 5
Came here to mention this one. No disclosure at all in the title or description

Quiz Planet must pay a decent sum!!

Edit:: is this true? (Reply to a commenter on the video)
I don't think this is true. I'm sure you're supposed to disclose it in the title.

Reactions: 4
I can’t believe she still garners such a large following, she’s a total one trick pony IMO.

Reactions: 3
I don't think this is true. I'm sure you're supposed to disclose it in the title.
You are, and at the beginning too. As these people are always so keen to point out, this is their job. Well then, they need to act professionally and know and abide by the industry rules.

Reactions: 6
It did crack me up the latest “ad” that wasn’t disclosed and damn right pissed me off. I feel like she has embarrassed her brand to do that ad for starters and it didn’t go with the whole thing whatsoever. They must pay big buck I guess 😂 let’s be honest. All these influencers saying “I wouldn’t promote anything I don’t use” is utter bull. I’m sure she plays this game all the time now the ad is done and dusted. I hate this influencer industry

It did crack me up the latest “ad” that wasn’t disclosed and damn right pissed me off. I feel like she has embarrassed her brand to do that ad for starters and it didn’t go with the whole thing whatsoever. They must pay big buck I guess 😂 let’s be honest. All these influencers saying “I wouldn’t promote anything I don’t use” is utter bull. I’m sure she plays this game all the time now the ad is done and dusted. I hate this influencer industry
The ad thing really pissed me off - especially as it wasnt even noted in description box that it was an ad.. am sure this is not right. She is very sneaky in that she did it on a primark haul knowing they get prob most views....

Reactions: 8
75EA8689-8FBD-4607-8F02-8BE26D5EB450.jpeg

She posted this the other day on her stories.. an affiliate link where she has put “aff” away in the corner where you can barely see it 😡 it should be clearly labelled and this is not clear.

• Wow
And back at it again with not disclosing the latest AD! The video (eco friendly hacks) sponsored by Smart Energy isn't labelled correctly and neither is the soda stream she features during the video 🙄 and she ignores any comments about it (despite them being polite)

• Wow
Has anyone tried reporting her to the ASA? I haven't watched her in ages, used to really like her years ago but grown a bit tired of her content. She seems a lovely girl though, just irks me when ads are not disclosed and sneaky behaviour is going on.

Has anyone tried reporting her to the ASA? I haven't watched her in ages, used to really like her years ago but grown a bit tired of her content. She seems a lovely girl though, just irks me when ads are not disclosed and sneaky behaviour is going on.
I haven't about her but I have contacted them before about others and they either don't reply, or give the generic 'we have contacted the influencer and reminded them of the rules' response.

Nooo I actually really like Kate. But why has she bought lots of hair clips from eBay and is now flogging them for 2x 3x the price and as her own?!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I haven't about her but I have contacted them before about others and they either don't reply, or give the generic 'we have contacted the influencer and reminded them of the rules' response.
Yeah same, they are a bit useless. Was just hoping that would put the frighteners on her if she knew she was being investigated/reported. I guess the rules need to be stricter. Too many people taking the piss with it.

@PastelLouise where is she selling the clips 😯. I've never followed her socials and haven't watched her YouTube in ages. Is she claiming to make them??

Reactions: 1
Nooo I actually really like Kate. But why has she bought lots of hair clips from eBay and is now flogging them for 2x 3x the price and as her own?!
Just checked and she’s buying them for 99p- £2ish and selling for £7 - £8. I wouldn’t mind so much if she was buying from a supplier and they weren’t available to her audience at the low price but this is ridiculous!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
@PastelLouise where is she selling the clips 😯. I've never followed her socials and haven't watched her YouTube in ages. Is she claiming to make them??
She put a swipe up on her stories, it links to her own website.

Exactly my thoughts @SmartieQueen the cheek! Buying them off eBay and reselling? Anyone can buy them off there. Why would you do that 😱

Edif: Print screen from AliExpress ... 50p clips easily available for anyone to buy. Selling them for £9! Sad thing is some people don’t know about aliexpress or think to look on eBay. She’s exploiting these people. So disappointed as I really liked her!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
She put a swipe up on her stories, it links to her own website.

Exactly my thoughts @SmartieQueen the cheek! Buying them off eBay and reselling? Anyone can buy them off there. Why would you do that 😱

Edif: Print screen from AliExpress ... 50p clips easily available for anyone to buy. Selling them for £9! Sad thing is some people don’t know about aliexpress or think to look on eBay. She’s exploiting these people. So disappointed as I really liked her!
Ffs that's worse than I imagined. The absolute bloody audacity if it! Very sad to see her ripping people off like that especially her fans - this is what she thinks of them. Moneymakers.

• Angry
I've never commented on this thread before. This might be naive of me, but is that even allowed? To blatantly rip someone off like that? I'm actually really shocked she is selling those for such a high mark up.
Is there nothing we can do in terms of reporting this, or is it just one of those things? (Like I said, could be me just being naive about these things)

Good god; does anyone actually have proof she is purchasing these on eBay for such a low cost? Despicably deceiving.

So disappointing, I like Kate, she has spoken about her diagnosed anxiety condition before but doesn't use it for engagement or as an excuse. She's not perfect with ads but she was one of the better ones. But to see her flogging cheap ebay clips and passing them off as ones she's made is so infuriating. Didn't she previously make jewellery, and her channel grew from that? So its not like she doesn't have the skills?

Makes her a devious Del Boy in my eyes, buy cheap sell expensive and pull the wool over peoples eyes as you go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.