Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if they can’t take the heat they shouldn’t be dicks either. Hypocrite or not, they said something hurtful she has every right to retaliate.
Yes, their comments are public so if they're going to dish out what do they expect?

Reactions: 11
There’s a few posts on here that probably aren’t helpful to her either, it’s clear as day she’s been struggling from day one but yet people still wrote hurtful things. Like her or not, she is a new mum in a pandemic with less support (yes she knew that but she also didn’t know how long it would continue) and with a baby needing constant hospital visits it’s really not nice to read. Assuming she loves her dogs more over her baby, come on think before you write. That’s gonna hurt her. Yes she could come off social media, but why should she? Maybe she needs a distraction when she’s up at 4am. Not liking her is your opinion, but making hurtful comments based on a post? No.
I think there’s a difference between here and on her Instagram though. Yes, she could come here and read but she’d have to actively seek it out whereas the people on Instagram are effectively sending it directly to her, she’s probably getting notifications about them and who knows what they’re dming to her. There’s nothing I’ve said here I wouldn’t say to an influencer in real life if the appropriate situation arose, but I wouldn’t randomly see them on the street and start screaming it at them which is what the comments are closer to.

Reactions: 9
The newborn stage is tough and I do feel for her but they were all smiles for the cameras on the last day of filming yesterday. I'm a bit confused as surely you can't switch the struggling on and off like that.
Oh my word!!!! Look at Robin Williams, prime example of tears of a clown!!!
Maybe have a wee read about mental health, it's not all tears and lying in bed for days on end. It's smiling through the dark, empty void

Reactions: 24
Seriously? Of course you can put on a front for a photo or a day at work! I’m not going to do an armchair diagnosis so have no idea if Kate is depressed but I’ve worked with people who then got signed off for depression and I had no idea as they were so successful in hiding it.
I feel for her so much and have nothing but sympathy. Having a baby in a pandemic must be miserable - I’m so grateful I could have the support of family and friends when I had my children.
It was more than a days work or one photo. Typical celeb.. can turn it on for the cameras and the money and as soon as they start getting comments that I they jump on the 'be kind' bus.
Like I said the new born stage it tough especially when they are poorly. I like Kate and feel for her but she needs to come off social media and completely concentrate on herself and the baby.
I really feel for her. Her recent IG post :(

How can you honestly tell from one photo? You're sounding really judgmental. So many people cover up PND when in the presence of others, I know I did.
It was on their insta stories yesterday not just 1 photo. I'm not judgemental I'm just commenting on what I've seen. Like I said I feel for her but if it that bad then she shouldn't be on social media or filming a TV programme for mega bucks. She needs to step away and concentrate on herself and her baby. This is tattle and everyone on here is expressing their opinions this is mine.

Oh my word!!!! Look at Robin Williams, prime example of tears of a clown!!!
Maybe have a wee read about mental health, it's not all tears and lying in bed for days on end. It's smiling through the dark, empty void
I've had depression I know I don't need to read up about it. I know people can put a mask on. I think people are missing my point. They shouldnt be all look at us all happy filming for a TV reality show one day because its paying well and then ask people to understand how bad things really are the next.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I think if someone wrote those comments on my Insta I’d be hurt too - and yes I would retaliate too. They’re possibly regretting signing up for the MTV show but then again she may have found it a good distraction and extra reason to get dressed/put face on for the day - it breaks up the monotony. Honestly having your first baby in a lockdown is that added layer of difficulty.

Reactions: 5
I think if someone wrote those comments on my Insta I’d be hurt too - and yes I would retaliate too. They’re possibly regretting signing up for the MTV show but then again she may have found it a good distraction and extra reason to get dressed/put face on for the day - it breaks up the monotony. Honestly having your first baby in a lockdown is that added layer of difficulty.
What's the MTV show about? I have no idea why someone would sign themselves up for something like that, especially with their first baby. So many things can go wrong and having to share your pregnancy and birth on a tv show just makes me think it's tempting fate too much.

Reactions: 6
you have know idea how mental health works.
of course she can turn it on and off when she pleases, that’s the whole point of depression!
And why should she step away because some judgy trolls want to comment she’s a bad mum for not posting about her baby on Mother’s Day? What gave those people the right to comment negatively,oh because you have every right to express your opinion. come on!
There were comments saying she loved her baby less, that’s rude! And people took that from a post.
and your not expressing your opinion, you’ve just said she’s lying about being depressed. Do you live with her? Know her personally? No, I didn’t think so. They all said Caroline flack was lying too.
Nobody knows if Kate has PND though. Struggling with a poorly newborn can be just that. It’s completely normal! I had a very poorly prem baby,also had a traumatic family bereavement at the same time and was heartbroken and hurt and tired and confused and yes,struggling,but I never had PND or depression of any sort. Yes mental health awareness is essential,but so is normalising life’s challenges.

Reactions: 14
if they can’t take the heat they shouldn’t be dicks either. Hypocrite or not, they said something hurtful she has every right to retaliate.
Maybe but she’s just lowering herself to the same behaviour as them, by directing her followers to pile on. Mrs Hinch does the same and it’s appalling behaviour. She doesn’t mean ‘be kind’ she means ‘be quiet’ if you’re not kissing her arse. It was weird not to post about her baby on Mother’s Day and she knows that. She’s now saying it’s because people struggle with fertility and she didn’t want to upset them. Wtf? Absolute bollocks. If that was true then she would have said so on Mother’s Day.

you have know idea how mental health works.
of course she can turn it on and off when she pleases, that’s the whole point of depression!
And why should she step away because some judgy trolls want to comment she’s a bad mum for not posting about her baby on Mother’s Day? What gave those people the right to comment negatively,oh because you have every right to express your opinion. come on!
There were comments saying she loved her baby less, that’s rude! And people took that from a post.
and your not expressing your opinion, you’ve just said she’s lying about being depressed. Do you live with her? Know her personally? No, I didn’t think so. They all said Caroline flack was lying too.
I don't agree with any of the comments that were made on her insta and I don't care who she did or didn't post about on mother's day . I also never said once she was lying but that I was confused that for a TV show they were filming they appeared to be the opposite.
If someone is in a bad place then social media is the last place you need to be spending your precious time on.
Do you know me personally and know what MH struggles I may of had in my life.. Nope so don't tell me what I do and don't know about it!

Reactions: 3
The newborn stage is tough and I do feel for her but they were all smiles for the cameras on the last day of filming yesterday. I'm a bit confused as surely you can't switch the struggling on and off like that.
Talking from experience, you really can

I don't think she's very well at all. Posting the dogs on mother's day was a massive cry for help, a red flag. Predictably it was picked up on by some people. Out of the hundreds of comments she picked out 2-3 dissenting voices, their comments obviously hitting a nerve. It sounds like she's got some good people around her supporting her. I hope things improve for her, it's really sad.

Reactions: 15
When I saw her insta posts I immediately assumed she had read this thread, never did i expect to see people calling out a new mother who is clearly struggling, underneath her posts. That's a bit much isn't it. Whether you "enjoy" the newborn stage or not, it's still a hugely emotional time. I look back on my own experiences with fondness, I think time has done that because they grow up so fast, but my goodness it didn't feel fast when they where tiny.
I can't imagine the stress of doing it all again during these weird covid days or when a baby is so poorly it needs medical treatment. I like Kate, I think she's funny, so I'm saddened to see her go through tough times. It is probably helpful for lots of people to know and understand that anyone can struggle, I just hope whoever is looking after Kate offers her support and she accepts it. There are lots of celebs and influencers who talk about their traumatic birth stories etc and I have rolled my eyes a plenty but I think this is a genuine situation.

Reactions: 15
Our puppy (and his brother) came home to us when we had a week old baby. Poor timing but hands down the baby was easier! I'd have another baby but I'd never get another puppy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I sympathise with Kate, she is obviously really struggling. Those newborn days can be so overwhelming at times. However I do think she is being hypocritical by hashtagging be kind while posting the names of the people who sent her those messages. She has 250k followers who could now be sending these people horrible comments and no they shouldn’t have sent them either but Kate could have still shown the messages she was getting but blanked out the names.
As for the MTV show, if it is a ‘reality’ show then hopefully they are actually sharing their reality of how much they are struggling rather than an airbrushed happy smiley version.
I do feel for Kate and I hope she has a lot of support and that in time she will find her rhythm and not feel so much like she is drowning in all the newborn chaos.

I sympathise with Kate, she is obviously really struggling. Those newborn days can be so overwhelming at times. However I do think she is being hypocritical by hashtagging be kind while posting the names of the people who sent her those messages. She has 250k followers who could now be sending these people horrible comments and no they shouldn’t have sent them either but Kate could have still shown the messages she was getting but blanked out the names.
As for the MTV show, if it is a ‘reality’ show then hopefully they are actually sharing their reality of how much they are struggling rather than an airbrushed happy smiley version.
I do feel for Kate and I hope she has a lot of support and that in time she will find her rhythm and not feel so much like she is drowning in all the newborn chaos.
I have wondered if the show may be contributing to it, I imagine they’ll be “happy“ enough to share stressed footage regarding Noa being in hospital (I know they probably didn’t film there) but perhaps they’re pressuring Kate to be all happy and smiley the rest of the time for the camera, which would be hard for any new mum, never mind one who is struggling with a sickly baby.

I hope she gets the help she needs and realises she's stronger than she thinks. Trolls should leave her alone and concentrate on their own sad existence in the world whilst hiding behind their keyboards, probably in their mothers basements.

• Sad
She’s got every right to not blank out the names of those people who wrote crappy comments on her post. There was absolutely no need for them to post comments like that to her. They wrote it publicly so why should she have to blank out the names?

Just saw her Insta post and felt so tempted to reply to it because I feel so bad for her. Obviously the baby blues is real and it just isn't what a lot of people expect it to be but I feel with the pandemic restrictions and the bad luck they've had with hospitalisation etc it's just added to the despair for her.

So many women like her end up with PND tbh, I always thought she was a prime candidate. She had a cracking life before - great job, loving relationship, beautiful home and all the rest. Sometimes adding a newborn into that mix is like letting off a hand grenade. A lot of women miss their old lives and they should be ok about being honest about that. I hope she gets the help she needs right now.
Couldn’t have put it better myself.. they had such a great life, both having fun cooking on an evening etc and knowing she never even wanted children in the first place. I don’t know, I just hope she doesn’t regret it.. I really feel for her actually

Reactions: 4
She’s got every right to not blank out the names of those people who wrote crappy comments on her post. There was absolutely no need for them to post comments like that to her. They wrote it publicly so why should she have to blank out the names?
She can do what she likes, I personally think it’s hypocritical to hashtag be kind when she is not being kind to them. I in no way think that they should be commenting those things to her but to play devils advocate, if all her followers now start sending these people abusive messages (and they know this will happen, it’s happened before when they have nastily commented back to people) then she is not being kind herself.
Unfortunately she has chosen to put herself and her life out there for everyone to see and have an opinion on and you are never going to only get nice comments.

The "dead behind the eyes" comment is from here. I did not see thay anywhere on her posts on Insta. Correct me if I am wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.