Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry but it’s so strange she has done 2 insta stories about her dogs on Mother’s Day and now an actual post dedicated to them but nothing about it being her first Mother’s Day to her daughter Noa!? Very strange and actually worrying!
I agree, I also feel a bit worried for her. Especially because of how she keeps on specifically saying about being a mum to dogs, but no mention of Noa. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and mine are my babies too. But at least acknowledge your daughter as well. I really hope all is okay.

Reactions: 7
I agree, I also feel a bit worried for her. Especially because of how she keeps on specifically saying about being a mum to dogs, but no mention of Noa. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and mine are my babies too. But at least acknowledge your daughter as well. I really hope all is okay.
I think loads of people were saying ‘when baby comes along, your dogs will no longer be number 1 etc’ so maybe she’s just trying to prove a point that they are still up there which again makes me think she is trying to please everyone or stick two fingers up to them. Who knows but I still find her quite erratic at the moment and I can’t help but feel a bit sad for her. I reckon a step back from insta will be a good move

Reactions: 9
Maybe she resents noa. Her cushy life has been turned upside down and its like the worse thing that could happen to her. Poor baby.

I was surprised too, no mention of first ever Mother’s Day to own baby. Strange yes. By all means gush about beloved dogs too, but nothing, nothing, about Noa? I too found Boj’s wording in his grid post just odd. All I can conclude is that they’re both struggling. I hope they know that it will pass, these first few weeks with your first can be beyond difficult! Regardless of who she is it is still extra hard having a baby in lockdown. I hope their friends can rally round albeit over a screen to supper them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
For anyone pregnant please do not worry. I didn’t find my newborn hard at all, the night feeds were a joy, it was a delight. Everyone’s experience is different.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She might have PND. She has a good family around her though so I'm sure she'll be getting the help she needs if she is feeling blue. My newborn stage wasn't like this either, but I know some friends who struggled.

Reactions: 8
I hated the newborn stage. Hated it.
I felt I was lulled into a false sense of security cos all I’d ever seen was Facebook posts and social media posts saying how amazing it was.

I used to cry in bed because I was so overwhelmed.
Our baby was a result of £30,000 and years of Ivf and I felt guilty I wasn’t enjoying it.
Then it turns out none of my friends liked it either but they never shared it cos they didn’t want people to think bad of them.

So when another friend of mine in October also hated it and was crying every day I told her it was ok to not like it.

My baby was born end of May 2020. I had no support from midwives or health visitors or anything so I dont think that helped me.

We have 2 more embryos but I hated the newborn stage that much I think I am one and done ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 33
In one of the early episodes of their podcast (I think it was the one with the Scummy Mummies), they were talking about how having a baby would change their lifestyle and Kate was much more realistic about it than Boj was - he seemed to think they would just carry on and the baby would fit into their life, whereas Kate seemed to know that everything would change, and this was one of the reasons she was still undecided. But even if someone is realistic about it, I don't think anything prepares you.

I was miserable for the first 6-8 weeks after my first was born and had so many complicated feelings (but this period was much better with my second). I hope she has friends and family reassuring her that it does get a bit easier, or that you find ways of coping and adapting. And I hope Boj is pulling his weight and not sulking because his lifestyle has been turned upside down

Reactions: 10
I love dogs, and cats for that matter but having a dog is not the same! You can shut them out if you really need to and they don't have the same level of demand that a child has! That's why I wish I'd got a dog instead of a baby haha!

I hated the newborn stage and fully expect to hate it again this time around, but it gets so much easier so I hope Kate starts to enjoy it soon!

Reactions: 5
It does get easier but it takes a while. I would get so jealous of friends, family members getting a 'normal' nights sleep. It went on forever and then just when you think you've nailed it - bang - the 4 months sleep regression and then when you think you've resolved that one, they start teething. At least when they wake in the night in the early weeks there is a solution i.e. milk. When they cry all night at 6 months cos they are growing teeth, apart from Calpol and cuddles there's not much else you can do. I had 8 months of zero sleep and just when I thought it was going to kill me and the week I was back at work I discovered I was pregnant.......I'd give anything to go back there though. It's like childbirth - you'd do it all again in a heartbeat but the sleep deprivation is a killer. I couldn't have got through it without other baby mum friends going through the same, meeting up for coffee, BF support groups, wandering round John Lewis in a daze or just calling on your mum to come over and help. Stuff new mums can't do at the moment so I can totally feel for her.

Reactions: 11
So.much.shade to Noa!!! Like wtaf.. I know she wants to portray her dogs still mean a lot to her.. But she is actually grinding my gears now.
I do think she’s genuinely finding it hard, but it’s also coming across as if she’s going down the kind of competitively not perfect mum route. I’ve noticed a lot of influencers either portray everything as perfect or do the “I’m not like all those other influencers, look I’m saying it’s tit and saying it as it is.” line and she’s starting to cross over into that for me.

It does get easier but it takes a while. I would get so jealous of friends, family members getting a 'normal' nights sleep. It went on forever and then just when you think you've nailed it - bang - the 4 months sleep regression and then when you think you've resolved that one, they start teething. At least when they wake in the night in the early weeks there is a solution i.e. milk. When they cry all night at 6 months cos they are growing teeth, apart from Calpol and cuddles there's not much else you can do. I had 8 months of zero sleep and just when I thought it was going to kill me and the week I was back at work I discovered I was pregnant.......I'd give anything to go back there though. It's like childbirth - you'd do it all again in a heartbeat but the sleep deprivation is a killer. I couldn't have got through it without other baby mum friends going through the same, meeting up for coffee, BF support groups, wandering round John Lewis in a daze or just calling on your mum to come over and help. Stuff new mums can't do at the moment so I can totally feel for her.

My friend said exactly this!
I’m a FTM in lockdown so can’t compare but she’s on her second (first was born in 2018) and she said least when she was in a sleep deprivation daze with the first - she could go to baby groups and out with mum friends for coffee. She said she’s finding the second harder purely for this reason.

Reactions: 3
I get so pissed off when people have a dog and compare it to being a parent. It's not the bleeping same.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Probably looking too deep into it. But why post "I love being a dog Mum" And no mention of being an actual Mum.

Also wtf did Boj mean by taking a back seat and being a passenger of their journey!? Basically backing up what we are saying, appears to be doing or let do feck all.
Such a weird comment to make. All she’s done is complain about being a “human” mum..

Reactions: 5
I think Kate was a bit naive going in to it saying she would feel the same about her dogs as her baby or whatever it was that she said. That’s why it has probably shocked her just how hard it is being a parent and she has obviously had the extra stress of Noa being unwell too. I think the weird Mother’s Day post about the dogs was probably her just trying to convince herself and everyone who probably said the dogs would become second best once she had the baby.

I think she is finding hard but also that she is just doing all of it for content. She is very much going down the Rosie Ramsey route of moaning about literally everything.

Reactions: 13
For some like myself who cannot have children and cannot afford fertility treatment, a pet is the closest thing for some.

I get so pissed off when people have a dog and compare it to being a parent. It's not the bleeping same.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
For some like myself who cannot have children and cannot afford fertility treatment, a pet is the closest thing for some.
I agree. I haven’t got kids yet (through choice) and I love my dog and always say I’m his mum 😆 I don’t get cards or presents on Mother’s Day (I do get a birthday card off him tho 😂) and don’t think there’s any harm in people saying they’re a mum to a pet. Definitely not something worth getting pissed off over.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I understand how much Kate loves her dogs and also that dogs are babies to some people. However the reality of a newborn baby and a dog are just not the same at all. The emotional and physical demand of a baby is just a completely different life changing experience. I think the caption “being a dog mum is the best thing in the world” is what I find strange about her post - saying that kind of implies that being a mum to Noa is not. I think clearly her world has been turned upside down, and as parent of two who has experienced extreme sleep deprivation I know how horrendous it is. I do think the complete lack of mentioning Noa on Mother’s Day coupled with the dog posts is slightly worrying and I genuinely hope she’s ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.