Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, those who struggle the most are the ones who are super excited and don't actually realise the reality of what it's like to have a baby. Having said that they have had an extra rough time so it's never going to be the experience it should have been sadly šŸ™

Reactions: 8
Thereā€™s absolutely nothing wrong with being excited about your baby being born. I was more tentative, as I was fearful for the birth and knew my life was going to change completely. He was a planned baby but I was just never one of those ā€œcanā€™t wait to meet my new bestie! Etc etcā€ type of people. I think a lot of insta mums just get totally blinded by the excitement of it all that they donā€™t think about how hard itā€™s going to be. Could think of a few examples!

Had to unfollow. The constant plugging of that tit show with a bunch of has beens and a bunch of wannabes. Such narcissism. I know you gotta pay the bills but have some self respect and don't sell your newborns out. Terrible.

Reactions: 11
Had to unfollow. The constant plugging of that tit show with a bunch of has beens and a bunch of wannabes. Such narcissism. I know you gotta pay the bills but have some self respect and don't sell your newborns out. Terrible.
Iā€™m the same. Iā€™m gutted as Kate has been my favourite person on insta for the last couple of years. All the baby stuff is too hard to swallow considering she didnā€™t even want a kid - makes me wonder if she has misled us all.....

Reactions: 14
Does anyone else think Shelby Tribble looks really different on that show to how she looks on her Instagram? She must use a load of filters!

Reactions: 4
Iā€™ve unfollowed too and she was one of the very first people I followed when I joined Instagram, I loved her when she was on big brother šŸ™

Reactions: 2
Ding ding ding šŸ›Ž

The night feed stories means Kate now has a full house in instamum bingo! Congrats Kate! šŸŽ‰

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can't stand people who post stories in the middle of the night saying they're tired and can't sleep. Get off your bloody phone then! We've all been there with the night feeds kate. You're not the only one whose been up feeding, you won't be the last and no one cares. Go build your podcast content quietly elsewhere. I can just see the topics now, 'didn't want a baby but I've got one now and nobody told me it was this hard'. Yawn.

Kate strikes me as someone who clearly wasnā€™t keen on having kids, but changed her mind for the sake of her partner and is now regretting it. Theyā€™ve had a rough ride of things with multiple A&E trips and infections. Itā€™s a recipe for postnatal depression. My first baby was very planned and wanted, but even then I remember feeling totally floored and traumatised and thinking ā€œI didnā€™t sign up for thisā€.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I watched her latest stories that is the norm when you have a newborn and itā€™s hard, my first not only had colic for 9 weeks but also fed every two hours and by the time I had winded/changed nappy it was nearly time again for the next feed. The night feeding is hard but weā€™ve all been there.

Reactions: 6
I watched about 20 minutes of the first episode and turned it off because I didn't know who these people were. I remember Kate from BB but don't have social media to follow her. Sounds like she is struggling but the newborn days are HARD. When people say that they aren't must of had a chill baby because ours was definitely not! Was wishing the time away until she got past that 12 weeks and at 5 months we still have issues. I feel bad that she's had a poorly baby though. I think as well as you get older it's difficult, I need so much sleep now which I don't get!

Reactions: 2
Her and her husband definitely need to take it turns in terms of the baby and sleep. Those first weeks often my partner had the baby so I could get a few hours sleep while he held her before he brought her in to me to feed. It doesnā€™t last forever but it feels like it does!

Reactions: 4
Do they feed more when BF in shorter doses? I formula fed and got away with twice a night feeds which seems quite good in comparison! Obviously you have the faff of doing the bottles which isn't so good.

Reactions: 1
Do they feed more when BF in shorter doses? I formula fed and got away with twice a night feeds which seems quite good in comparison! Obviously you have the faff of doing the bottles which isn't so good.
It depends on the baby, my first, second and third babies fed every 40-50 minutes day and night. My 4th slept from 11.30-7am every night from birth till 4 months when he then needed feeding about 10 times a nightšŸ™„ all 4 were exclusively breastfed.

Reactions: 3
This morning, why did she have the camera in Noa's face saying something like "this is the one who kept me up all night?"
She's a newborn...are you actually surprised about night feeds?

Reactions: 5
She kind of seems crazy overtired with those night ramblings. She needs to put her phone down and rest! I've said it before but she is genuinely making me afraid to have my second in a few weeks, might have to unfollow for my own sanity!

Reactions: 7
Breastmilk is quicker to digest so babies tend to need to feed more often.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.