Kate Lawler #3 Didn’t want a baby but gave it a go, Night Nanny helps to soften the blow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TBH, I find a lot of the hypnobirthing language to be both pretentious and infantilising. "Surges"?? Just call them by the actual medical term. This fudged language is idiotic.
I thought I’d have a read of a hypnobirthing book when I was pregnant for the first time and the woo woo language was so off putting. And, like you say, the lack of medical terms.

You know hypnobirthing says you’re supposed to breathe your baby out, right? It says there’s no need to push babies out. It even said there is no such thing as the urge to push, and that women who say they experienced it only did so because they were expecting it to happen.

Well, let’s just say the urge to push felt so unpleasant to me, if I could have wished it away, because it wasn’t supposed to exist, I would have.

TL;DR hypnobirthing ain’t for me.

Reactions: 6
It even said there is no such thing as the urge to push, and that women who say they experienced it only did so because they were expecting it to happen.

Well, let’s just say the urge to push felt so unpleasant to me, if I could have wished it away, because it wasn’t supposed to exist, I would have.

TL;DR hypnobirthing ain’t for me.
oh god yeh that urge is not something I expected one bit. I thought would be urge like yeh I really need to poo now. The urge courses through your whole body in a completely unexpected and inexplicable way and for anyone to deny is just insane. I feel hypnobirthing has it’s value but being too wishy washy can certainly be counter productive and misleading. If anything it sets women up for disappointment when actually they didn’t find it a spiritual empowering experience with orgasmic surges.

Reactions: 7
It is so irresponsible to be filming Instagram stories whilst driving, especially if you are coming up to a crossing where anyone could just walk out. Even if it only took 2-3 seconds to look down at your phone to get your camera up and start recording that could be the difference between hitting someone or not. If anyone calls her out on it though it will just be fodder for another story about trolls and how dare anyone criticise her #bekind.
Instead of shouting look where you’re going, perhaps don’t be on your phone and actually concentrate on the road 🤷🏻‍♀️
Despicable. As a parent I probably drive with so much more caution now in case of little kids running out etc. She's 41 ffs - why is she still trying to be cool and funny and if a child had run out whilst she was dicking about on her phone god help her......what a totally irresponsible thing to do

Reactions: 11
Pic 1. Is it not way to eat to be doing this? This is not the same pilates as I go to lol

2. She doesn't know how old her baby is because she hasn't been present for much of the past 11 weeks. Sad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
1. Is it not OK to be doing this? This is not the same Pilates as I go to.

2. She doesn't know how old her baby is because she hasn't been present for much of the past 11 weeks. Very sad.
Sorry terrible post. Photos didn't upload and auto correct over corrected.

1. Is it not OK to be doing this so soon after a section? This is not the same Pilates as I go to.

2. She doesn't know how old her baby is because she hasn't been present for much of the past 11 weeks. Very sad.

1619812280971.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Doula is there and they went to bed at midnight. 🙄 Then she does a story pumping and asking how all the other mums and dads up at that time are doing. The little one had her frenulum cut yesterday, surely this is a night you'd be there for your baba if she was up in the night. She is such a sweet little baby she makes my ovaries explode and I'm one and done 😂

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Little Noa had her tongue cut yesterday and the night nanny’s with her last night.
I have to say now, how could they?

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Absolutely speechless. How could you not want to cuddle and comfort your tiny baby all night, after such a day???

Reactions: 28
Doula is there and they went to bed at midnight. 🙄 Then she does a story pumping and asking how all the other mums and dads up at that time are doing. The little one had her frenulum cut yesterday, surely this is a night you'd be there for your baba if she was up in the night. She is such a sweet little baby she makes my ovaries explode and I'm one and done 😂
I thought exactly the same thing! Of all nights you would want to be with your little one 😢 Asking how all the Mums and Dads are up at that hour .... we’re fine thanks Kate, enjoying cuddles with our babies as they grow so quickly so we’re making the most of every second they need and want our cuddles and reassurance ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It got to me when she said along the lines of “noa was fine when the night nanny turned up and gave her a bottle and some snuggles”. I would be mortified and heartbroken if some one else done that for my child when it’s engrained within me that I am the one feeding and giving cuddles not any one else. Such a strange set up

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Pretty disgusted too. I really am. How can you not be there for your baby after she’s had that done. How. Mother your baby godamnit. Sorry Kate but you’re stone cold and devoid of compassion. These two are just pathetic. Poor Noa when she starts teething - can you imagine. May as well just go live with Siobhan’s family.

Reactions: 18
😥What us wrong with her ( &Boj)
What IS the point?
She’s awake pumping, she’s on story’s so..why are you not feeding your own baby.
I used to really like Kate but, her behaviour now is cunty!!😢😡

Reactions: 34
Why aren’t her management stepping in and telling her she is alienating herself from any follower who has ever been a parent?? She is not relatable to any Mother/Father with her complete unwillingness to do her job!

She’s already lost followers and the longer she continues to pay someone to Mother her child, the more followers she will lose.

Reactions: 9
Just caught up on her stories..unbelievable 😔 My little one had his tongue tie cut when he was 5 weeks old, all he wanted to do was feed which helps with the pain!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Oh god 😔 Little Noa is so so lovely and Kate really is detached. She doesnt need a night nanny. She needs help forming a bond with Noa. It doesnt come naturally to her, she isnt maternal and thats fine. Many women are like that, but you cant avoid dealing with it!

Reactions: 11
How odd. Why get a nanny if you’re not going to bed until midnight and then up speaking to your phone at 4am. I don’t get it.

Reactions: 20
How odd. Why get a nanny if you’re not going to bed until midnight and then up speaking to your phone at 4am. I don’t get it.
I don’t think the purpose of the Nanny is so that she can get some rest, I think it’s more so that she can avoid the responsibility of being a Mother 3 times a week

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.