Kate Lawler #3 Didn’t want a baby but gave it a go, Night Nanny helps to soften the blow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fact that she had a film crew but I had to say goodbye to my partner 90 minutes after leaving theatre after my section and was then readmitted 24 hours after leaving and spent 3 days with my baby in a single cubicle with the curtains drawn at all times which I could only leave to use the bathroom or collect a meal tray with my partner unable to visit at all makes my blood boil.
P.s abdominal birth sounds nobby
Exactly the same experience

Reactions: 4
She’ll be rushing back to work soon. Virgin radio announced yesterday since Gaby Roslin has been covering her show they’ve never had such high listening figures 👀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Jeez where is the shame in an epidural? I hate this supposed badge of honour for a woman who refuses all pain relief. Woo hoo. Well done. Why do we have to be martyrs? If it's your choice then fine but to hide in shame because you chose pain relief is lunacy. It doesn't make you less of a person for deciding not to just tolerate the pain. Women have enough thrown at them without having an unhelpful narrative that child birth should be done without pain relief. To reiterate, if it is your choice then fine, but to feel ashamed because of this narrative is really damaging. It isn't a competition.

I'd had quite the journey with loss before finally reaching a full term pregnancy and planned CS (baby was breech).
Just to be clear, I absolutely don’t think there is ANYTHING wrong with having an epidural. I wish I’d had one! I only said Vogue didn’t want one because she said it herself on her podcast that “she’d love to be able to say she didn’t need one, but she did”. I would never assume someone was ashamed of having one and I agree with everything you’ve said about it.

Jeez where is the shame in an epidural? I hate this supposed badge of honour for a woman who refuses all pain relief. Woo hoo. Well done. Why do we have to be martyrs? If it's your choice then fine but to hide in shame because you chose pain relief is lunacy. It doesn't make you less of a person for deciding not to just tolerate the pain. Women have enough thrown at them without having an unhelpful narrative that child birth should be done without pain relief. To reiterate, if it is your choice then fine, but to feel ashamed because of this narrative is really damaging. It isn't a competition.

I'd had quite the journey with loss before finally reaching a full term pregnancy and planned CS (baby was breech).
I’m sorry to hear about your loss and happy you eventually had a full term pregnancy and baby ❤

• Sad
Reactions: 2
In a twist that absolutely no one saw coming, Noa hasn't got much interest in breastfeeding anymore due to a LOT of reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with Kate not feeding her three nights per week. No guys, this was all Noa's decision - she's ready to move on.
Ah this doesn’t surprise me one iota either! Kid must be confused at not getting the scent of her mum three nights a week. Unless she’s pumped multiple times during the night on all these missing nights (fat chance since night nanny was there to give them sleep) then I can’t see how her supply has regulated or optimised at all.

Reactions: 3
Just to be clear, I absolutely don’t think there is ANYTHING wrong with having an epidural. I wish I’d had one! I only said Vogue didn’t want one because she said it herself on her podcast that “she’d love to be able to say she didn’t need one, but she did”. I would never assume someone was ashamed of having one and I agree with everything you’ve said about it.

I’m sorry to hear about your loss and happy you eventually had a full term pregnancy and baby ❤
Thank you 😊 I know you didn't state any shame in having an epidural, my post wasn't directed at you personally. It was a reaction to Vogue not wanting people to know.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Urgh. Well done Boj for changing your child's nappy. A normal task that most parents don't need congratulated on but aren't you just flipping marvellous and oh so humorous 👏

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She's back at Pilates guys and since we know Boj isn't interested in parenting, I wonder who they dumped the baby on today?

Reactions: 5
The fact that she had a film crew but I had to say goodbye to my partner 90 minutes after leaving theatre after my section and was then readmitted 24 hours after leaving and spent 3 days with my baby in a single cubicle with the curtains drawn at all times which I could only leave to use the bathroom or collect a meal tray with my partner unable to visit at all makes my blood boil.
P.s abdominal birth sounds nobby
She didnt.
Boj replied to an insta message.
It was an iPhone on a tripod
X

Reactions: 2
She didnt.
Boj replied to an insta message.
It was an iPhone on a tripod
X
All the couples on that ghastly show had film crews in with them for the births in hospital. Charlotte Dawson and Jake whatshisname both said how non intrusive they found the crews to be.

Edited to add possibly with the section not in the room for the birth (due to it being surgery) but the crew definitely was in the hospital with all of them.

• Angry
  • Wow
Kates narcissism shining bright today on her stories. Noa doesn't like breastfeeding, she prefers bottles.. Meanwhile talks about herself in positive light.. Then speaks of Noa negatively and blaming. That woman is honestly insufferable.

And Kate, your skin is nice CAUSE OF BREASTFEEDING!!! Stop (which is YOUR prerogative but not Noa's choice) and your hormones go back to normal and hormonal acne returns.

I think the hypnobirthing people call it abdominal birth because they want to empower women by calling it a birth instead of an operation.

She’ll soon get tired of that fight and be calling it a c-section before long. She insisted on ‘doula’ in the beginning, but has begun to buckle and called her ‘nanny’ in a story the other night
I'm a doula and I just wanted to say that doulas and nannies are completely separate jobs. A post partam doula is there to provide support for the mother to mother. Some things can include bringing food, making teas, providing breast feeding support, shopping etc. We are there to help the mum be able to focus on the baby. Totally different to nannying and anyone that is using a nanny and calling them a doula should know the difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
God her caption on her latest post really says it all doesn't it. She writes as if having a newborn is a horrific ordeal, not one of the most special times in your life to cherish.
Sometimes it can feel horrific 🤷🏻‍♀️ dont have to cherish every moment. We spend our lives being selfish, then have a kid and for some people learning to be selfless is overwhelming. Makes sense when kate was so adamant about being childfree and being carefree.

Reactions: 9
Nothing baby related just want to state her voice really irritates me & the way she moves her mouth when she talks . She sort of clenches her teeth together , really annoying

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The IG story with her in the car driving and shouting at someone crossing the road whilst texting. Does she not see the absolute hypocrisy?! She’s touching her phone whilst driving and not paying full attention to the road all for a stupid unfunny Instagram video. You can see her hand go up to end the video, and she’ll have also needed to press record too - you can see a long road behind her, with nowhere to pull over, so clearly also started the video whilst driving which will involve opening up either the camera or IG) What an absolute idiot!! Is it not illegal to touch your phone whilst driving in the U.K.?

• Wow
Reactions: 23
The IG story with her in the car driving and shouting at someone crossing the road whilst texting. Does she not see the absolute hypocrisy?! She’s touching her phone whilst driving and not paying full attention to the road all for a stupid unfunny Instagram video. You can see her hand go up to end the video, and she’ll have also needed to press record too - you can see a long road behind her, with nowhere to pull over, so clearly also started the video whilst driving which will involve opening up either the camera or IG) What an absolute idiot!! Is it not illegal to touch your phone whilst driving in the U.K.?
I hate this!! There is no excuse for using your phone when driving. Youre a bleep for it, simple as.

Reactions: 20
I don’t think there was even anyone crossing the road. I just think she’s trying so hard to be funny it’s embarrassing really

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It is so irresponsible to be filming Instagram stories whilst driving, especially if you are coming up to a crossing where anyone could just walk out. Even if it only took 2-3 seconds to look down at your phone to get your camera up and start recording that could be the difference between hitting someone or not. If anyone calls her out on it though it will just be fodder for another story about trolls and how dare anyone criticise her #bekind.
Instead of shouting look where you’re going, perhaps don’t be on your phone and actually concentrate on the road 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
No I agree ab
Sometimes it can feel horrific 🤷🏻‍♀️ dont have to cherish every moment. We spend our lives being selfish, then have a kid and for some people learning to be selfless is overwhelming. Makes sense when kate was so adamant about being childfree and being carefree.
I agree with you it can't always be rosy and that's fine, but in that particular caption she makes being a new mum sound about as enjoyable as being tortured. She's clearly not enjoying ANY of it which is sad.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.