Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if anyone can recall which ebay shop she purchased her couch from I would be v grateful! No chance I'm asking on a Q&A 🤭

if anyone can recall which ebay shop she purchased her couch from I would be v grateful! No chance I'm asking on a Q&A 🤭
I actually got the same one late last year on Facebook marketplace!

Is this it?

I think she will have a huge shock when the baby arrives. She won’t have all the time that she has now to faff around and write out her pathetic to do lists that consist of arranging flowers and making coffee. Life with a newborn isn’t so instagram perfect so it will be interesting to see how she copes and if she keeps it real with her followers. Though I guess she will have Jordan around full time as it seems like he doesn’t have a job anymore?
I think this is why Jordan quit his coffee shop hobby - so he can look after the baby, and Kate can stick to her routine of long baths, long walks and reading seventeen books a week.

Reactions: 16
I think this is why Jordan quit his coffee shop hobby - so he can look after the baby, and Kate can stick to her routine of long baths, long walks and reading seventeen books a week.
did he not only work like one day a week anyway?

Reactions: 4
did he not only work like one day a week anyway?
Yeah Friday, Saturday & Sunday. They had the luxury of being super chilled with something even as serious as a business which must be so nice. Kate said she was excited to have a husband on weekends again but what does it matter when everyday of your life is Sunday anyway?!

Reactions: 18
Yeah Friday, Saturday & Sunday. They had the luxury of being super chilled with something even as serious as a business which must be so nice. Kate said she was excited to have a husband on weekends again but what does it matter when everyday of your life is Sunday anyway?!
🤣 well put. The annoying thing she will probably make having a newborn look very Instagram friendly 🤪

Going on about blue for a girl again… we get it you’re soooo edgy

Reactions: 14
Anyone got any thoughts on the new interior style suggested by the new mood boards? Seems so wasteful to just start from scratch again! Including bed (they had a pink bed in their old flat; why not keep that?)

I thought it seemed like quite a departure from the current flat, I wouldn’t know how to describe it really. I do get that tastes evolve and styles tend to match people’s age as well. Just don’t know what to expect now

Am I right in saying that their original apartment has just been left empty all this time and wasn’t rented out?

I didn’t really mind Kate, liked her style and find her inoffensive, albeit dull as duck. However, I’m beginning to get really pissed off that she apparently feels that it’s acceptable to spunk money up a wall redoing her perfectly fine flat at a point where many people and probably many of her followers are in financial hardship. I get it’s her money and she can do what she wants, that’s not my issue, it’s the glorification and blasé way she posts about it, read the bleeping room.

Reactions: 19
Am I right in saying that their original apartment has just been left empty all this time and wasn’t rented out?
I think she had implied at one point it was going to be rented out/was rented out, wonder what she charged (because being an unusually nice rental) and how she advertised it, though! Also bit of a pain for the tenant I imagine to be booted out not long after haha.

I didn’t really mind Kate, liked her style and find her inoffensive, albeit dull as duck. However, I’m beginning to get really pissed off that she apparently feels that it’s acceptable to spunk money up a wall redoing her perfectly fine flat at a point where many people and probably many of her followers are in financial hardship. I get it’s her money and she can do what she wants, that’s not my issue, it’s the glorification and blasé way she posts about it, read the bleeping room.
Yep, I understand where you’re coming from, though tbf her pink sofa is second hand and the kitchen was only ikea in both places I think. So in that respect I have definitely seen ‘worse’. But I totally get you when it comes to crazy expensive furnishings (like rug, new bed; bedding) in spite of only recently updating. Not to mention the new counters, tap, sink and tiles for the place she was soon to move out of.

I guess she must justify it to herself as by getting so much free she must save loads. Pretty sure her claybrook pink tiles in the old bathroom were gifted, and I looked them up and they’re some of the most expensive tiles I’ve ever seen second only to devol at £600sqm 😭

Reactions: 1
Anyone got any thoughts on the new interior style suggested by the new mood boards? Seems so wasteful to just start from scratch again! Including bed (they had a pink bed in their old flat; why not keep that?)

I thought it seemed like quite a departure from the current flat, I wouldn’t know how to describe it really. I do get that tastes evolve and styles tend to match people’s age as well. Just don’t know what to expect now
The bedroom mood board gives me cottage dollhouse vibes and it’s not the direction I expected. Interested to see how the bathroom turns out with the green checker tiles.

If someone pays rent they are officially a tenant and gain A LOT of rights and it's hard to evict them, when Kate and Jordan sell the bigger flat and want to move back in. It can take 2 years to get someone booted as a tenant.

Reactions: 2
No, they actually let a pal live there rent free to be fair to them
Ooh! How do you know this? Are you friends with Kate and Jord?

That's very generous of them, if true, considering the money they could have made from renting the place out. I'm increasingly getting the impression that they really don't need the money, though. Still very generous all the same.

If someone pays rent they are officially a tenant and gain A LOT of rights and it's hard to evict them, when Kate and Jordan sell the bigger flat and want to move back in. It can take 2 years to get someone booted as a tenant.
If the tenant had signed a lease for a certain amount of time (usually a year and renewed on an annual basis) wouldn't they have to move out if the landlord decides not to renew? They'd be given prior notice of the decision not ho renew, of course. That's usually how it works in Ireland, as far as I'm aware, not sure about UK.

If the tenant had signed a lease for a certain amount of time (usually a year and renewed on an annual basis) wouldn't they have to move out if the landlord decides not to renew? They'd be given prior notice of the decision not ho renew, of course. That's usually how it works in Ireland, as far as I'm aware, not sure about UK.
The landlord can request they move out, but legally can't force them out at the end of the contract. The tenant can say no thanks and move onto rolling contract, which happens automatically when you don't renew. The tenant will not have to move out until bailiffs come to kick them out if they decide to stay. To get to that stage, the landlord will have to follow very strict procedure and serve notice in the correct way (a lot of landlords fail this as loads of new legislation came into place in the last few years and they didn't keep up with the requirements). Only after serving proper notice can they go to court to have the tenants evicted. The court has very long queues plus the massive backlog from covid. So all in all, can take 12-24 months to get there and a lot of stress. None of this will reflect negatively on the tenant, this will not be on any record or their credit file, important to note this as long as they continue to pay rent.

People in the UK don't realise what power they hold while being a tenant. Also why it makes less and less sense to be a landlord, especially for people like Kate and Jordan where they have only 1 property to rent out.

Irish law is similar in many ways to UK law, so it might be the same there too, I don't really know.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.