Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else surprised that it's listed for under £200k? How much did she buy that flat for?
Considering what's been said here about Glasgow prices I think it's really low. Makes me wonder if there's some issue with the place and that's why she started talking about selling pretty soon after they moved in.

I don't know how much she bought it for. Had a look at the sale history last week on Rightmove and there was no previous sale price listed. Presume there is a way to find this out though?

Reactions: 3
I still think it's listed for low price. I didn't see them list the flat, because my rightmove search was from £200k+. Based on what else is listed in that area with crappier reno.

Considering what's been said here about Glasgow prices I think it's really low. Makes me wonder if there's some issue with the place and that's why she started talking about selling pretty soon after they moved in.

I don't know how much she bought it for. Had a look at the sale history last week on Rightmove and there was no previous sale price listed. Presume there is a way to find this out though?
Rightmove often doesn't track the previous price correctly especially for flats

Reactions: 1
Maybe they share a stairwell with students who leave piles of sick outside - not v insta friendly 😂😂

• Haha
housing market is crazy just now so while it’s listed as that, with the offers over system I’d bet theyll get around £250k
Nah they’ll get closer to 300k! The valuation will be around 220 and it will go for minimum 20% over that! The market in Glasgow right now is moving fast and furious and there’s also very few flats of that nature coming to market (with the features and good floor plan ie kitchen diner)

I still think it's listed for low price. I didn't see them list the flat, because my rightmove search was from £200k+. Based on what else is listed in that area with crappier reno.

Rightmove often doesn't track the previous price correctly especially for flats
They paid 168500 in April 2019 and installed central heating and did full renovation. They only listed it at 195 to put it into the lower price bracket for search purposes so it appears to a wider audience. Not uncommon at all. A flat listed at 145 weeks ago ended up selling for 210+ and places listed at 199 can well go up to 300 depending on the spec and design

Also worth mentioning that the home report valuations are quite conservative as it’s about how much the bank should lend for mortgage purposes. It’s a known thing to offer over the home report price (anywhere between 10-25k over the listing price) usually in percentage increments like 10-20% for desirable flats and locations. Now in the competitive market it can be more like 30% if the place has lots of interest. I’m going through it right now.

Seems like crazy prices compared to some of the previously sold prices of any given area or road but it’s happening across the world right now for some reason 🙄😓 at least Glasgow is still ‘affordable’ compared to some other cities

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Kate's place doesn't seem to be listed on there (unless I somehow missed it).
Oh that’s odd - I didn’t think Zoopla was listings as such, you just look up the address of any home regardless of whether it’s on sale or not.

I can see flats on her street sold in 2006 for ~£30k 😭

Oh that’s odd - I didn’t think Zoopla was listings as such, you just look up the address of any home regardless of whether it’s on sale or not.

I can see flats on her street sold in 2006 for ~£30k 😭
A flat about 15 mins from Kate that my friend went for near Queen’s Park had been purchased for 60k in 2011 and they sold it this year for £210k+. Nice features and they kept it well but all generic fittings. It’s actually crazy in southside Glasgow right now. In fact, two beds are going for almost standard/minimum 250 so yeah Kate’s spacious and dreamy 3 bed will surely go for 300 if not more.

Kind of wish I’d got in on that 😂😭 but I would have likely been outbid and it would be freaky to live there next right? It’s so nice but I’d feel like I was living in her shadow 😓

Reactions: 4
It would be interesting to know how many people come to offer on it! I would say minimum 20… I also wonder if anyone from out of Glasgow/Scotland will offer on it and if they know that they need a solicitor 😂😅

It would be interesting to know how many people come to offer on it! I would say minimum 20… I also wonder if anyone from out of Glasgow/Scotland will offer on it and if they know that they need a solicitor 😂😅
Agent would tell them I should imagine. We’ll need to wait a few months until the sale is registered with RoS to find out what it actually went for.

E1CDDC6B-DB06-499D-A402-5625CD11223C.png

I was served this on tiktok. I like her styles overall but the kitchen tiles are vile

View attachment 1216430
I was served this on tiktok. I like her styles overall but the kitchen tiles are vile
Not a fan of the tiles either.

The comments on this video are annoying as hell though. Just people going on about how they can buy an ugly house with a garage for less than that. Well newsflash everything had gone up in price but also not everyone wants an ugly two doors down (live that show though) house in suburbia.

Tenement flats with features like that are highly sought after. It’s 15 mins into town on the cheap train. And as people have said, relative to other cities it’s not ‘that much’ so would be interesting to know who got it, even though we likely won’t find out

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Not a fan of the tiles either.

The comments on this video are annoying as hell though. Just people going on about how they can buy an ugly house with a garage for less than that. Well newsflash everything had gone up in price but also not everyone wants an ugly two doors down (live that show though) house in suburbia.

Tenement flats with features like that are highly sought after. It’s 15 mins into town on the cheap train. And as people have said, relative to other cities it’s not ‘that much’ so would be interesting to know who got it, even though we likely won’t find out
Totally. Same as people who keep comparing their house prices in NE NW England to London. I find it annoying is not even Apple to Apple comparison.

Reactions: 7
Why are people taking issue in the comments with the agent saying it’s in Shawlands? Is that a fancy area vs Mount Florida?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.