Kate - its_not_kates_time

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess my non medico brain can comprehend if there is surgery and tumours removed and then further treatment, it could give NED results. But with just treatment, where does the remnants of the tumour go after treatment has killed it? Does it get absorbed by the body or something? Or is it still there, just dormant?
That's the problem with cancer when it spreads and becomes mestatic, it is virtually impossible to get rid of it as there are often hidden cancer cells waiting to erupt. Of course there are very rare situations where people live stable or even NED for a long time. But it's rare and even rarer when the primary diagnosis is lung cancer and when it has spread to everywhere including the brain. Once it hits the brain it's extremely difficult to get rid of.

Reactions: 8
That's the problem with cancer when it spreads and becomes mestatic, it is virtually impossible to get rid of it as there are often hidden cancer cells waiting to erupt. Of course there are very rare situations where people live stable or even NED for a long time. But it's rare and even rarer when the primary diagnosis is lung cancer and when it has spread to everywhere including the brain. Once it hits the brain it's extremely difficult to get rid of.
When I think of people I know who have survived cancer ALL of them have had surgery to remove the tumours and then radiation and or chemo.
Kate's had already spread so is pretty amazing that she is sometimes NED, then sometimes not...
I don't know nearly enough about it to write my opinion of her tests and diagnosis but it is certainly odd. Or a miracle! 🙌

Reactions: 5
Not referring to Kate here, certainly not WK but there are soooo many types of stage 4 cancer that affect prognosis. Operable or not, where it has spread to, if it’s a primary or secondary cancer, if it responds to treatment, any mutations.

Having all over her body and a recurrence would for sure mean very very hard to get rid of every microscopic cancer cell, especially with no chemo.

But agree the brain is not good and immunotherapy seems to be doing a great job at keeping it at bay.

Reactions: 5
Not referring to Kate here, certainly not WK but there are soooo many types of stage 4 cancer that affect prognosis. Operable or not, where it has spread to, if it’s a primary or secondary cancer, if it responds to treatment, any mutations.

Having all over her body and a recurrence would for sure mean very very hard to get rid of every microscopic cancer cell, especially with no chemo.

But agree the brain is not good and immunotherapy seems to be doing a great job at keeping it at bay.
I'm talking about Kate's specific diagnosis of lung cancer that spread everywhere. I know stage 4 can be cured in a small number of cases as i said. But metastatic cancer that has spread to the brain is not one that often responds to treatment long term.

Reactions: 4
I'm talking about Kate's specific diagnosis of lung cancer that spread everywhere. I know stage 4 can be cured in a small number of cases as i said. But metastatic cancer that has spread to the brain is not one that often responds to treatment long term.
Oh sorry you said cancer that has become metastatic is virtually impossible to get rid of. I took that as generally, which is not true.

Reactions: 2
Oh sorry you said cancer that has become metastatic is virtually impossible to get rid of. I took that as generally, which is not true.
No? I thought once cancer had metastasised it was very hard to get rid of?

Reactions: 1
I'm not going to argue on such a tit topic but generally it is rare for people to live long term with metastatic disease. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here, but all the stats will say there are generally poor outcomes from metastatic disease especially in Kate's situation being it spread all through her body including in her brain.

Reactions: 6
Perfectly possible that someone might be 'NED' whilst on active treatment like Alectinib. It's an effective drug. Doesn't mean thar cancer has gone away - you can't see individual cells on a scan.

Reactions: 4
https://www.buzzsprout.com/2286932/15232342

It’s on Apple, Spotify, etc..

The hosts mentioned how remarkable her story is and if they didn’t have their own lived experience with cancer they wouldn’t believe her… yet also finding it hard to believe people would have a hard time trusting what she says especially after Belle Gibson. Belle has definitely opened the door to how shady people will do for internet (and financial) clout.

Reactions: 3
Is anyone else completely taken aback by the absolute quackery of most of the treatments Kate is receiving in Cancun?? I know we’ve seen it before but I’m completely gobsmacked all over again.

She HAS to have some sort of financial arrangement with that clinic - now she’s about to do a podcast or webinar or something with the clinic director talking about how wonderful it all is.

Also, she needs to stop the nose crinkling. It’s not cute, Kate…

Reactions: 9
Is anyone else completely taken aback by the absolute quackery of most of the treatments Kate is receiving in Cancun?? I know we’ve seen it before but I’m completely gobsmacked all over again.

She HAS to have some sort of financial arrangement with that clinic - now she’s about to do a podcast or webinar or something with the clinic director talking about how wonderful it all is.

Also, she needs to stop the nose crinkling. It’s not cute, Kate…
I think the deal is she promotes the place and they cover the cooky treatments. The same as the disco imaging centre. They cover her mri's and pet scans and anything she needs.

Reactions: 1
I think the deal is she promotes the place and they cover the cooky treatments. The same as the disco imaging centre. They cover her mri's and pet scans and anything she needs.
Completely agree. Which of course she isn’t disclosing as she should…

God, she's vile. Obnoxious nose crinkle aside - does she not realise how awful she sounds 'Fortune favours the brave' my arse. So, you're braver than anyone else are you Kate, and that's the reason you're still alive while so many others get beaten by this dreadful disease? Nothing to do with the fact that you're probably just having a great response to the Alectinib. Or you're just completely lying about how much cancer you have/had. I suspect the former. Let's see how brave you are when the Alectinib inevitably stops working - all the shonky woo treatments in the world won't save you then, sweetheart. Ugh.

Oh, and it's cut off the screenshot but for those wondering, yes this lot of treatment at the Mexican clinic has been gifted. Given the amount of posts she's done on their treatments in the past week, shouldn't they have been labelled as an ad?

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 7.41.07 am.png

Reactions: 7