Kate Hutchins (@kateehutchins)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kate’s Instagram growth has stalled & is starting to lose followers for the first time due to her being with Yasmin constantly & her fake vibes. ( Yasmin is gaining off Kate’s popularity). Bee’s been away for work, so she has stayed over the whole week yet Kate was fine spending most of lockdown living on her own. Yasmin is very opportunistic - if she manages to push Bee out & move into Kate’s new place, it will be troublesome. Kate is off skiing this weekend, previously said she was going with Bee’s family. Hopefully some time apart will give her some breathing space & realise Yasmin’s negative impact.

Reactions: 8
Kate seems lovely, but soooooo bland. Like the definition of vanilla. She just seems void of any sort of personality. Seems totally type A as well, a perfectionist. Her good taste in clothes and pretty face is the only thing that makes her worth following, there doesn't seem to be much else to her. Although I do like how she treats her bunnies, nice to see them not in a cage, hopefully she doesn't get bored like most influencers seem to with their pets.

Reactions: 14
I hate this trend of sending influencers who don't even ski to ski resorts where they pose and flex their luxury bags and skiing gear even tho they can't even stand on skis.

I'm coming from a country with amazing mountains and majority people here know how to ski and it's not seen as luxury at all and I hate how all of those influencers are now making skiing into their own fashion show.

I love Kate but this stupid trend need to stop.

Reactions: 18
Honestly it’s ridiculous how influencers are just sheep nowadays. Now skiing seems to be the new ‘trendy’ place to go and female influencers are using it as a fashion show and to take pretty aesthetic pictures. My uncle and his partner who regularly go skiing in the French Alpes (and came back about a week ago from their last little trip there) said it was so frustrating how many young women were there just to take pictures and post them on Instagram and have no real interest in skiing and were quite obnoxious and were wearing ridiculously expensive designer skii clothing which if you’re an avid skier you just don’t do that or even care about how you look. They said that one day they were eating in a nice outside restaurant somewhere on the slopes (I don’t know my skiing terminology for that sorry haha) and watched these 2 young women take about 100 pictures in the same spot just with different angles and it got to the point where they were hogging a nice seating/table area and had to be told to either order some food or leave 🙄🙄😂😂 says it all really!

Reactions: 9
Kate seems lovely, but soooooo bland. Like the definition of vanilla. She just seems void of any sort of personality. Seems totally type A as well, a perfectionist. Her good taste in clothes and pretty face is the only thing that makes her worth following, there doesn't seem to be much else to her. Although I do like how she treats her bunnies, nice to see them not in a cage, hopefully she doesn't get bored like most influencers seem to with their pets.
To be honest, I used to really like Kate and her content but I have gradually been growing to dislike her and her content in a lot of ways and I don’t really know who her content is for anymore. First off, she is stunningly beautiful (nothing wrong with that!) but in a very unrealistic way. She has a tiny petite body, the most perfect skin, teeth, full lips, tiny button nose, super symmetrical face, unique eyes that almost appear to look like contact lenses, no under eye bags or acne scarring, gorgeous hair that always looks professionally styled even when it’s not and so on.. She really won in the looks department and while that’s amazing, it’s almost unrealistic perfection that most of us don’t have. She is effortlessly gorgeous which makes ‘influencing’ a really easy job as no matter what she wears she looks great and that beauty sells. She has VERY quickly become one of the most well off young influencers because of this. I mean she moved from Brighton to central london so fast at the beginning of her influencing career and now buying a house. All of her content is based off showing people her endless designer purchases and luxury makeup, clothing, beauty tools etc that she gets gifted for FREE and also PAID to promote. Again, great for her but what doesn’t sit right with me is thats all there is. It’s all so ‘perfect’ and luxury but who is this content for? Most girls in their 20s can’t afford all of this even with their 9-5 jobs or careers. It’s just become so increasingly unrealistic, unattainable and in a lot of ways unfair. I have to apologise here as I realise I know it’s not just Kate, there are so many other influencers who could be included in this rant but really Kate is the only one I personally have followed. I of course am incredibly envious of Kates lifestyle and beauty but it does hurt me and many other of her followers, when you realise just how unrealistic her influencing is. I enjoyed watching her vlogs until I realised how bad they were making me feel about myself. All they consist of is prancing around london getting luxury gifted treatments, splurging on designer gifts for herself, going out for lunch and dinner and drinks almost every single night in the most expensive places in london and continuing to show off the huge hauls of clothing she has purchased yet again or has gotten sent. I don’t doubt that Kate works hard but you can’t argue that most of her following will never have it that easy or get to experience that lavish of a lifestyle especially at the age she is now. I just wonder how many of her followers who are basically funding her lifestyle, can actually afford to buy the things she promotes etc. It also gets me thinking why myself and others follow influencers like this. Does anyone have any thoughts? Maybe for a bit of an escape but it seems odd to use an influencer who has it all as a form of escape when actually deep down it leaves you feeling bad about yourself and where you are at. Its like I start putting myself down for not having designer clothing and handbags and shoes and for not having the money to buy a lush house in a big city or not being able to afford to spend my 20s splurging on expensive dining each night. I’m really curious to hear other people’s thoughts? Maybe have a bit of a conversation about it. As a follower of Kate, how much of the stuff she shows and promotes have you actually been able to purchase? In which ways has she influenced you?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
To be honest, I used to really like Kate and her content but I have gradually been growing to dislike her and her content in a lot of ways and I don’t really know who her content is for anymore. First off, she is stunningly beautiful (nothing wrong with that!) but in a very unrealistic way. She has a tiny petite body, the most perfect skin, teeth, full lips, tiny button nose, super symmetrical face, unique eyes that almost appear to look like contact lenses, no under eye bags or acne scarring, gorgeous hair that always looks professionally styled even when it’s not and so on.. She really won in the looks department and while that’s amazing, it’s almost unrealistic perfection that most of us don’t have. She is effortlessly gorgeous which makes ‘influencing’ a really easy job as no matter what she wears she looks great and that beauty sells. She has VERY quickly become one of the most well off young influencers because of this. I mean she moved from Brighton to central london so fast at the beginning of her influencing career and now buying a house. All of her content is based off showing people her endless designer purchases and luxury makeup, clothing, beauty tools etc that she gets gifted for FREE and also PAID to promote. Again, great for her but what doesn’t sit right with me is thats all there is. It’s all so ‘perfect’ and luxury but who is this content for? Most girls in their 20s can’t afford all of this even with their 9-5 jobs or careers. It’s just become so increasingly unrealistic, unattainable and in a lot of ways unfair. I have to apologise here as I realise I know it’s not just Kate, there are so many other influencers who could be included in this rant but really Kate is the only one I personally have followed. I of course am incredibly envious of Kates lifestyle and beauty but it does hurt me and many other of her followers, when you realise just how unrealistic her influencing is. I enjoyed watching her vlogs until I realised how bad they were making me feel about myself. All they consist of is prancing around london getting luxury gifted treatments, splurging on designer gifts for herself, going out for lunch and dinner and drinks almost every single night in the most expensive places in london and continuing to show off the huge hauls of clothing she has purchased yet again or has gotten sent. I don’t doubt that Kate works hard but you can’t argue that most of her following will never have it that easy or get to experience that lavish of a lifestyle especially at the age she is now. I just wonder how many of her followers who are basically funding her lifestyle, can actually afford to buy the things she promotes etc. It also gets me thinking why myself and others follow influencers like this. Does anyone have any thoughts? Maybe for a bit of an escape but it seems odd to use an influencer who has it all as a form of escape when actually deep down it leaves you feeling bad about yourself and where you are at. Its like I start putting myself down for not having designer clothing and handbags and shoes and for not having the money to buy a lush house in a big city or not being able to afford to spend my 20s splurging on expensive dining each night. I’m really curious to hear other people’s thoughts? Maybe have a bit of a conversation about it. As a follower of Kate, how much of the stuff she shows and promotes have you actually been able to purchase? In which ways has she influenced you?
I completely agree with you. I’ve had to unfollow most of the fashion/beauty/lifestyle etc influencers I was following due to them making me feel like tit about what I can realistically achieve and what is achievable. I have to try and remember their lifestyle isn’t realistic and attainable in the slightest and they are the exception not an example. This is why I think influencing is very damaging and I for one couldn’t be in that job due to how fake it all is and how it sets unrealistic expectations and pressure on people who aren’t in the position to be able to buy all the stuff I’d be given for free that I’d have to promote etc. Not to mention the influencers who get gifted kitchens for example that are worth thousands of pounds and their homes look amazing and immaculate! Influencers are just walking talking advertisements. I definitely think it’s gotten out of control and the whole system needs to be looked at and made a lot more stricter especially with the rates these influencers are allowed to charge. It just makes a mockery out of us regular folk.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I completely agree!

Reactions: 3
I agree with this 100%, I actually think most people watch for the things she buys from Zara and H&M etc. Personally I find the new emphasis on luxury items and trips very alienating. The money seems to go to influencers heads and then they change direction, alienating the very people that got them where they are.
She definitely has the effortless beauty, she’s made me feel pretty rubbish that I don’t have the time or money to make myself look nice and put together like she does. Instagram and influencers like her have a lot to answer for.

I agree with the comment above about how most people including myself, watch for the clothes that she shares from Zara, H&M, and other more affordable brands. I am much older than Kate (I am in my early forties) and I just really like her style. I know that it is also easier said than done, but NO ONE should let Kate or any other influencer make them feel bad about themselves and where they are at in life. Remember we are only seeing glimpses of her life and I am sure that she has bad days. She is beautiful and seems like a sweet girl and I just hope that she realizes that most girls her age are not living the same kind of lifestyle.

Reactions: 17
She takes a £5000 Chanel bag on a skiing trip out on the slopes for pictures. In what world does someone do that 😂

• Haha
She takes a £5000 Chanel bag on a skiing trip out on the slopes for pictures. In what world does someone do that 😂
The world where someone has more money than sense 😂 a first time skier as well!

Reactions: 3
I’d presumed Kate would’ve had the basic common sense not to bring any handbags at all on a ski trip. Now must show off designer status symbols at all times - looks ridiculous not fashionable.

Totally agree it’s frustrating when influencers don’t acknowledge the real costs of the whole lifestyle image they are selling to their followers. Oblivious to costs as they get it all their products / clothes / beauty treatments / events for free plus they get paid silly money on top. Unattainable for most followers on a normal salary - reality her job is to create a superficial consumer lifestyle of showing off new products for continuous commercial adverts. Even her ski clothes are paid Ads / gifted & filming Rodial ads on holiday - she never takes a proper break from promotional work. Her vlogs are now regularly all paid promotion - latest is a mejuri jewellery ad same content as a vlog a few weeks ago. Becoming very repetitive as identical Ads to other influencers like Nadia & Freya.

Kate is now losing followers daily - with a war in Europe, public are getting fed up with influencers look at my perfect carefree luxury life image & hard sell of non stop ads as the cost of living rises. Influencers will need to adapt as business as usual just seems very shallow, excessive spending & big turn off. Maybe she will realise sharing the occasional charity link isn’t enough. It would be wise to postpone her upcoming Venice trip with Yasmin as more luxury travel party content isn’t appropriate at the moment & alienating.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Really feel like her going so blonde has done nothing for her, it just makes her look slightly cheap (although obvs still gorgeous and lovely clothes). I much preferred her with her hair before, it suited her better imo

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.