Kat Farmer - DMBL40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes they could but a small account with say 50k followers is going to get more visibility by gifting something to someone with 500k followers than promoting it themselves. (Talking in general not about Kat/Neptune) it’s obviously tit and annoying but they wouldn’t do it if it didn’t get them the best return.

Reactions: 1
Kat could buy 15 Neptune kitchens /items of furniture they are a wealthy family, which isn’t the issue but these companies giving freebies to wealthy is, I’d be more inclined to buy from Neptune if they gave to charity, don’t these companies do that ????

Reactions: 5
I agree completely with the points made and now Neptune are another one on my tit list of companies I won’t buy from but quite simply, they do it because it works. Using Kat and Neptune as an example, she and her lifestyle are aspirational to lots of people, she has shitloads of followers, many of whom will no doubt be Neptune’s key demographic so it’s a no brainier to show her advertising their goods. I’m sure there will be a huge reaction when she shows it on her page and it’s so much cheaper than traditional advertising. Most of these companies couldn’t care less about being ethical, they’re all just chasing the dollar.

Reactions: 6
I agree completely with the points made and now Neptune are another one on my tit list of companies I won’t buy from but quite simply, they do it because it works. Using Kat and Neptune as an example, she and her lifestyle are aspirational to lots of people, she has shitloads of followers, many of whom will no doubt be Neptune’s key demographic so it’s a no brainier to show her advertising their goods. I’m sure there will be a huge reaction when she shows it on her page and it’s so much cheaper than traditional advertising. Most of these companies couldn’t care less about being ethical, they’re all just chasing the dollar.
It's not just the cost... a lot of people see Kat (and others) as friends and so are trusted advisors...so if she had a good experience with Neptune her "friends"will be more tempted to buy from them too.
Influencers work because "we" think they like us and we like them, "we" think of them and treat them like our friends...

It's a real shame we don't see more of the house.

Waaaay back she posted a few pics of her "almost done" rooms. One was a boot/mud room and one was her closet with a whole wall of shoes. They both looked amazing, and I really wish she'd show us some of that stuff!

Reactions: 3
It's a real shame we don't see more of the house.

Waaaay back she posted a few pics of her "almost done" rooms. One was a boot/mud room and one was her closet with a whole wall of shoes. They both looked amazing, and I really wish she'd show us some of that stuff!
I suppose she’s trying to ‘stay in her lane‘ as a fashion/style blogger/content creator (🤢) in that respect. Obviously, she should be turning down the press discounts / ads / collabs with interiors businesses if that is the case. Or maybe it’s a privacy thing? Perhaps it’s something her H has asked her not to do, maybe they’ve agreed to only feature certain parts of the family home? But if that’s true, she films her children and talks about her family, so why would rooms be off limits but their kids be ok? I don’t know. I’m just thinking out loud.

Reactions: 1
I’ve a feeling that Kat never really finished her house. They put in a fab kitchen, I remember her buying IKEA furniture and upcycling her kitchen table, buying an old leather chesterfield sofa and that seemed to be it. She went with a black and white theme which was was very bland. Her sitting room looked odd with two big cabinets each side of the stove. If you notice, there are no blinds or curtains on the windows downstairs, walls are pretty bare apart from the sitting nook in the kitchen. I think interiors might not be her thing.

Reactions: 7
I dont know what would be outing about a closet though.

God I love closet tours.

Almost as much as I love mud room tours. My all time fantasy is one of those maasive stone flagged boot rooms with a built in oak unit for coats and hats and umbrellas. Ensuite and utility to the side. With a farmhouse half door out to the rustic back yard. Droooool.

I LOVE Kats House. That kitchen is so bright and airy. The garden is massive. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Reactions: 2
Her full time home is more tastefully decorated than her holiday home IMO . I don’t know if any of you ever look at Erica Davies Instagram she has some nice home inspiration.

I’ve a feeling that Kat never really finished her house. They put in a fab kitchen, I remember her buying IKEA furniture and upcycling her kitchen table, buying an old leather chesterfield sofa and that seemed to be it. She went with a black and white theme which was was very bland. Her sitting room looked odd with two big cabinets each side of the stove. If you notice, there are no blinds or curtains on the windows downstairs, walls are pretty bare apart from the sitting nook in the kitchen. I think interiors might not be her thing.
i agree. She has said that she prefers a monochrome palette before, when people have questioned her about the lack of colour in her interiors. I do find her interior style very bland and unimaginative. It is surprising because so often people who are creatives in fashion have a flair for creativity in areas like interiors (whether it’s my taste or not). Something to do with their eye for colour, proportion and texture, I think. It’s funny how Kat is so big into bold colour in her clothes but very much not into it in her interiors (apart from the holiday home, of course).

I’m pretty sure she’s said in the past that they’ve run out of budget. I think they spent a lot on the important ‘big jobs’, windows, extending, bespoke kitchen, other structural jobs (knocking rooms about) and didn’t put enough or any aside for the dressing at the end. Or maybe they did but it got used up as contingency at the build stage. Now they’re left dressing it on a (relative) shoestring, hence the tacky bulk-bought prints and IKEA chairs. I also think there’s an element of lacking confidence in her own choices when it comes to interiors. She doesn’t really know what she likes or what she wants (unlike in clothing where she is very certain of her tastes).

I suppose she’s trying to ‘stay in her lane‘ as a fashion/style blogger/content creator (🤢) in that respect. Obviously, she should be turning down the press discounts / ads / collabs with interiors businesses if that is the case. Or maybe it’s a privacy thing? Perhaps it’s something her H has asked her not to do, maybe they’ve agreed to only feature certain parts of the family home? But if that’s true, she films her children and talks about her family, so why would rooms be off limits but their kids be ok? I don’t know. I’m just thinking out loud.
I think it’s not Instagram worthy enough! She shows us what she want us to see.

If it’s lack of budget then surely if she sold all those expensive maxi dresses alone she’d have enough to do up one room properly. I think it’s just not priority for her.

Reactions: 4
I think underneath it all, Kat is pretty frugal. Back in her early blogging days she’d see some expensive piece of clothing and then hunted down the high street version. She had a few ‘good’ bags but always went for the bargain. She seems to be gifted a huge amount of clothes /part of sponsorships. I’d say she still spends relatively little on clothes.

Probably the same with her interiors, can’t bring to spend more than IKEA prices.

Reactions: 4
I think underneath it all, Kat is pretty frugal. Back in her early blogging days she’d see some expensive piece of clothing and then hunted down the high street version. She had a few ‘good’ bags but always went for the bargain. She seems to be gifted a huge amount of clothes /part of sponsorships. I’d say she still spends relatively little on clothes.

Probably the same with her interiors, can’t bring to spend more than IKEA prices.
I think you are right, her ‘hauls’ are normally from Zara ...I think her husband buys her the odd expensive dress but her expensive clothing is always #gifted

I think you are right, her ‘hauls’ are normally from Zara ...I think her husband buys her the odd expensive dress but her expensive clothing is always #gifted
Yup with the occasional discount bargain from Outnet. Any full price designer efforts are ‘try-on for IG and send back’ affairs.

Some of my most worn outfits were taken from Kat.]

She is pretty frugal alright - remember her holiday house was bought with inheritance and I am sure will cover itself 10 times over when let.

Absolutely nail on head. I certainly don’t think there are budget issues as such more that its nice but not ‘that’ IG worthy on the inside compared to other accounts. Also probably a security/privacy thing. I certainly wouldn’t be showing how ever many hundred thousand followers she has the inside of my house.

I actually really love Kats content and feel like some of the comments here are quite chippy. Yes her husbands a lawyer but he’s not bill gates, they aren’t poor but I wouldn’t call them rich.

• Heart
  • Sick
I actually really love Kats content and feel like some of the comments here are quite chippy. Yes her husbands a lawyer but he’s not bill gates, they aren’t poor but I wouldn’t call them rich.
But I mean that is the point of these threads, it’s not a rave thread for her! People are here to voice their thoughts and criticisms 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Her husband is a partner in a city firm. He’ll be on a million plus. That’s my definition of rich!

Her full time home is more tastefully decorated than her holiday home IMO . I don’t know if any of you ever look at Erica Davies Instagram she has some nice home inspiration.
I LOVE Erica. She’s brilliant at interiors - but then she is a proper stylist, with a creative background - not just someone who has worked out what style of clothes suit her personally.
I don’t think interiors are Kat’s thing, and she’d probably admit to that. The holiday home seems to have been an attempt at “eclectic” and ended up proving that there’s more to designing an eclectic space than buying a load of random stuff and throwing it all together.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.