Kat Farmer - DMBL40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm seriously contemplating unfollowing. I don't think I can take one more print midi dress.

I much prefer her when she's in her car wearing pyjamas. Then she gets dressed in some wafty silk mix dress with metres of skirt and she loses all relateability for me.

I remember the days of jeans and comfy harem pants where she actually dressed like the rest of us. Of course there was quite a bit of Hush controversy then, she has backed off a lot from that relationship as a result. She seems to have slightly broader range of brands now, which is welcome. And i like her focus on small black owned businesses - some of them have been fab and if I'd had the money, I'd have bought something. So improvements in many areas, but those bleeping midi wafty dresses!!!!

Reactions: 9
I think she’s lost her mojo. The free bit’s of clothing coming her way must be few and far between so she’s had to keep showing the midi dresses. This year has been so strange, most people haven’t utilised their wardrobes in the way they normally would. No office attire, summer bbq, holidays, Christmas party (unlikely) so no need for new outfits. I (generally) buy a fair amount of clothes 😊 but over the summer didn’t buy much at all, Ive ordered some stuff for autumn but no where near what I used to. I bet she’s used to receiving loads of stuff in the post... now it’s just a few bits and bobs.

Reactions: 4
Couldn’t agree more - mojo seems gone. I do find her sometimes very irritating but I never wavered in following her for fashion. But something has fundamentally changed. She seems to take no pride in her appearance which is kind of the whole point and her taste in fashion seems to have just up and left her ! And she genuinely seems sad and joyless with the usual manic stuff now very acted. Whilst most insta people have accepted the world of coronavirus and moved forward she keeps going on about it - so I wonder if she is losing work constantly and is just pretty damn unhappy ?

Reactions: 7
I would have loved to sit on the beach every day and drink proscesso and the go back to my second home and aff link hoodies from h and m all summer

I think times are changing. She won’t be able to fill her self in a changing room with 3736 outfits with a mask on as we won’t know want she is saying 😂

Reactions: 5
She was moaning about her husband working from home a while back.

• Angry
  • Haha
Couldn’t agree more - mojo seems gone. I do find her sometimes very irritating but I never wavered in following her for fashion. But something has fundamentally changed. She seems to take no pride in her appearance which is kind of the whole point and her taste in fashion seems to have just up and left her ! And she genuinely seems sad and joyless with the usual manic stuff now very acted. Whilst most insta people have accepted the world of coronavirus and moved forward she keeps going on about it - so I wonder if she is losing work constantly and is just pretty damn unhappy ?
I think 2019 and the beginning of this year she was beginning to see the fruits of her labour. Untold free press trips, family holidays, freebies galore, jewellery, clothes, home furnishings and accessories, make up, restaurant trips, Flora !etc. She then filmed the bbc style show (can’t even remember the name!) and then it all came to a very abrupt halt! Must be demoralising. She’s lucky she has had the chance to get away for the majority of the summer to the holiday home.

Of course there was quite a bit of Hush controversy then, she has backed off a lot from that relationship as a result.
What was the Hush controversy? Was it directly involving Kat...? Sorry to ask I’ve searched this thread and couldn’t find anything.

What was the Hush controversy? Was it directly involving Kat...? Sorry to ask I’ve searched this thread and couldn’t find anything.
I was about to ask! I noticed yesterday her stories were pretty much all Hush clothing altho it might’ve been footwear 🤷🏻‍♀️ I didn’t take much notice & was just flicking thru! I ordered something from Hush a couple of years ago & was surprised at the poor quality. Never ordered since because I refuse to pay for influencers freebies but I’d love to know what happened...!!!

Hush (IMO) has cleverly marketed itself as a sustainable, high quality brand. The statements they’re coming out with now in their dedications to improve go to show just how below par their eco creds and quality have been all these years.

Reactions: 1
Basically from like 2016-2018ish everything she wore was Hush. And people started just outright slating her for it because it was around the time when relationships had to be declared and she was saying she didn't have a financial relationship with them and people were saying "Either a) thats bollocks and you're lying or b) you're advertising them week after week for free just because they give you freebies, but either way this is clearly a quid pro quo"

This was when the MN Instamum threads were going strong and there was a LOT of complaining on there. And i believe that she actually came on to deny there was a financial arrangement. And possibly there wasnt, but it still looked bad. But anyway, after that she definitely dialled back the Hush endorsements as I guess she hadn't realised how it looked.

She still may wear bits and pieces but its not remotely the relationship it used to be, she seems be a lot warier now of looking like she's owned by a brand.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s the tagging of the clothes that’s she has had like for 5 years !! Wtf is the point. It’s like saying yeah it’s nice but you can’t buy it anymore ! So no luck 😂.

I like that she’s transparent in her tagging of what she wears. I think out of anyone I follow she’s the most honest...which is probably why I still follow her & none of the others! I know she rubs people up the wrong way but I really don’t mind her & she obviously works hard for it so good luck to her I say 👍🏼

I like that she’s transparent in her tagging of what she wears. I think out of anyone I follow she’s the most honest...which is probably why I still follow her & none of the others! I know she rubs people up the wrong way but I really don’t mind her & she obviously works hard for it so good luck to her I say 👍🏼
I agree about the transparency, she’s v good at that.

Reactions: 3
You have to declare a lot, to follow the rules. If you wear an item from a brand, you even have to declare if you once had a paid partnership, even if you don't anymore. She does it to the letter. She used to get a lot of criticism for not declaring gifts or relationships as i said, but now she's definitely one of the clearest.

I still find it interesting what she gets gifted. You'd never have a clue if she didn't write it all down.

Reactions: 5
Just seen her latest post, she tags very well and declares all and still people ask where the items are from ! 😂

Reactions: 1
I don't think they have much choice but to tag all items......transparent or not, I still find her annoying!! Also, agree, a few have lost their mojo as in lockdown not many freebies coming in. I reckon Kat's got something in the pipeline coming up though, maybe more TV work? (god help us!) I suppose the good thing about lockdown is that now we don't have to see all the same bloggers at free breakfasts, lunches, dinners, showing all the same things on their stories. I just wish she'd do something about her teeth, they are awful. 😂

Reactions: 3
She lost her mojo about 2 years ago, coincided with her cruising/Pascale friendship which made me wonder if she had new representation? Kat used to be able to mix and match and seemed edgy and stylish. Now I find her very dull and repetitive.

You have to declare a lot, to follow the rules. If you wear an item from a brand, you even have to declare if you once had a paid partnership, even if you don't anymore. She does it to the letter. She used to get a lot of criticism for not declaring gifts or relationships as i said, but now she's definitely one of the clearest.

I still find it interesting what she gets gifted. You'd never have a clue if she didn't write it all down.
She might be back on tv, she has a lot of the tv lot commenting on her posts 🤔 Alex from the one show, now comments on her posts 🤔

She lost her mojo about 2 years ago, coincided with her cruising/Pascale friendship which made me wonder if she had new representation? Kat used to be able to mix and match and seemed edgy and stylish. Now I find her very dull and repetitive.
I find Pascale as fake as they come

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.