Karlakartistry

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like Karla, she has my sense of humour and I like how sharp she is. She has no softness though to offset her sting if you get me? You rarely see her smiling, laughing etc. It's like everything is sooo serious all the time. If she had a laugh with stuff more I'd warm to her more. She comes across so prickly and high strung. If she just cooled the jets, were a bit less narky she'd be deadly. She wouldn't eat Jen alive every podcast as well haha.
I use to love her Love Island rundowns, very entertaining.
You are right, she is very sharp

Reactions: 7
I can't stand the "and now we're going in with such and such concealer". Who is we?? Can you not say, "and now I will put on some such and such concealer"?

Reactions: 5
I’m 50/50 on Karla, her Leave It In 2018/19 rants were gas, and her take on Love Island funny too. But she’s insufferable on the podcast - Doesn't research, talks over Jen, only her opinion matters....

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh Karla Karla Karla. She literally thinks she is so woke and tuned in but she’s nothing but an arrogant little brat. Did you hear the podcast after the BLM movement? She had done absolutely no research whatsoever, was so disrespectful to the chap who asked to come on and then asked if he cane up from the country to go to the protest, when he said no she barked “well I was there.” So rude. Jen is absolutely gorgeous but she’s put down a lot by Karla, you can tell Jen is more mature - when Karla has her tantrums Jen just knows how to move on seamlessly but it’s uncomfortable how often she barks Jen down for having a different opinion. Also the podcast where she acted like a brat in Dunne’s because the security guard wouldn’t let her skip the queue. Spare me. She only half listens then shouts over Jen and won’t let her make any points. I’d say she’s a nightmare to live with. Her makeup is shocking and cakey; remember she made a balls of Marissa Carters on live tv?! Serious notions about herself. All she does is complain, talk about how she can’t be hooped doing anything and is totally unenthusiastic. And half singing (off key) random words? 🤢 Shes so bloody entitled and crass talking about going to private school, coming from money, that she’s from an expensive part of castleknock ALL THE TIME. She legit thinks she’s hilarious and above everyone else. I too was in school with her, I was the year below but we played some sports together. The truth is she was a loud sloppy mess then and so two faced (I remember her actually laughing into peoples faces as well and slagging her “best friends” behind their backs) now she’s just a monotone soul draining sloppy mess and still two faced.
Omg I remember the way she behaved after BLM to that poor guy they had on. Basically shaming him for not going to the protest.
Yet again a very poorly researched show.otv was such an awkward interview. I kept cringing listening to it. The guest was v articulate.

Reactions: 4
Omg I remember the way she behaved after BLM to that poor guy they had on. Basically shaming him for not going to the protest.
Yet again a very poorly researched show.otv was such an awkward interview. I kept cringing listening to it. The guest was v articulate.
yeah the guest was absolutely fantastic! He had such well through through points and she just pissed all over them. And the first few mins too where she was just firing questions at him and telling her own life story. I was dying inside.

I have listened to the podcast, but never followed her Instagram.

She comes across as overbearing,constantly talking over Jen. She also goes on as if she an authority on everything.The strangest was the pod about interviews, just because you have been to interviews or performed them, does not make you a job coach.

I believe she is actually insecure, especially about weight/appearance, one episode she nearly attacked Jen, saying she couldn't have an opinion as she was slim. I think her insecurities lead to her being over the top.

Reactions: 6
one episode she nearly attacked Jen, saying she couldn't have an opinion as she was slim. I think her insecurities lead to her being over the top.
yes I remember this! I nearly had to stop the car. She just shouted Jen down continually until Jen was in a box. Bully tactics. Too frequently she records the podcast in such a mood and just comes across like such a head.

I actually really like(d) Karla and not sure if this thread is starting to change that opinion but was listening to an episode of the podcast today and not sure why she keeps putting on that fake real Dub accent???

In fairness I know we all like Jen, but if Karla let her take the reins the podcast wouldn't really move or say much...Jen's just too nice to have unpopular opinions haha! Karla's in the driving seat but I think Jen is happy out with that. I listened this week "One hit wonders", was gas. I think they're at their best when they are havin a laugh like that. When they try chew on the more serious topics they don't land it at all.

Reactions: 13
I like Karla, I must say. She has a dry, sharp wit. But totally agree, keep things lighter, its their strength

Reactions: 8
I like Jen. Shes open minded, measured and mature. Karla is brash, forceful and comes across as a b*tchy princess.

Listening to their podcast I get an air of superiority from Karla, as shes from Castleknock and went to private school and Jen grew up in Finglas and then later Blanch. Yet, Karla is the one who always mispronounces words / uses words in the wrong context and makes unfounded generalizations.

Also agree with the person who said she snots her way through the podcast. That constant sniffing she does is rotten.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Never noticed the sniffling - bet you now the podcast will he ruined for me next time listen 🤣🤣

I actually like Karla, her recommendations are usually very good. I've never been dissapointed with anything i've bought based on whst she has said. She did a q+a on foundation the other day which gave lots of info i thought. In comparison to other bloggers q+as where it becomes obvious that theyve sent themselves the questions 🤣

• Haha
To be fair to her I'm not judging her as a blogger or MUA. Its her demeanor on the podcast I dont like. How she shouts Jen down when she doesnt agree. Karla dismisses Jens opinions as though shes some kind of expert even though she has done no research to back up what shes saying.

The sniffing was during a couple of episodes over the winter, she literally hocked up sniffles mid sentence multiple times 😂

Reactions: 3
Oh i remember that! Bit grim but beats not having a podcast!
I do sometimes feel she goes on a bit about how quickly her and Tom have saved for a deposit, its kinda rubbing Jens face in it a bit as herself and Adam have been saving for quite a while. Fair play to them but know your audience.

Fair play to her on the savings. Ive been there and its not easy but yes I found that very smug. Thats what I mean "air or superiority" towards Jen. Saving for a mortgage in under a year is not the average Joes experience and its a bit thoughtless considering Jen always mentions how much she wants to get there herself.

Reactions: 6
Never noticed the sniffling - bet you now the podcast will he ruined for me next time listen 🤣🤣

I actually like Karla, her recommendations are usually very good. I've never been dissapointed with anything i've bought based on whst she has said. She did a q+a on foundation the other day which gave lots of info i thought. In comparison to other bloggers q+as where it becomes obvious that theyve sent themselves the questions 🤣
I agree on her recommendations - I bought the smash box blurring foundation brush and it’s fab. And her reviews are usually really in depth and informative.

I agree that’s she a tad overbearing but quite like her. Jen’s lovely but doesn’t really form an opinion on anything. Karla knows what she wants to say. Although she constantly says ‘ya get me’ which annoys me!

Reactions: 3
I like following Karla I have to say . I think she is very informative on any product she receives /purchases. I haven't listened to the pod cast so can't really comment on that , I don't think it be my cup of tea from what everyone has described on here though. She has fabulous hair but Jesus I wouldn't have the energy for the amount of effort she puts into styling it fair play to her 😀😅 Quick straighten or hun bun and I'm out the gap!

To be fair to her I'm not judging her as a blogger or MUA. Its her demeanor on the podcast I dont like. How she shouts Jen down when she doesnt agree. Karla dismisses Jens opinions as though shes some kind of expert even though she has done no research to back up what shes saying.

The sniffing was during a couple of episodes over the winter, she literally hocked up sniffles mid sentence multiple times 😂
yes!!! The way she treats Jen is shocking. I don’t know how Jen hasn’t snapped yet to be fair.

Fair play to her on the savings. Ive been there and its not easy but yes I found that very smug. Thats what I mean "air or superiority" towards Jen. Saving for a mortgage in under a year is not the average Joes experience and its a bit thoughtless considering Jen always mentions how much she wants to get there herself.
this 🙌🏼🙌🏼 She’s living in her dads, paying SFA. Great they’ve been able to save so fast but absolutely not the norm.
And her insistence to always talk about money and spending and saving is really gaudy. Jen is in a lower paying job and hands up money to her parents when she’s paid, she has said this herself, yet Karla keeps ramming into everyone’s skull how much she saves. I was livid when she said “no one notices a euro a day out of their account. No one notices a tenner a week on top of that.” There’s PLENTY of people who would notice all of that money going into savings. She’s so out of touch. Such a bloody brat.

Reactions: 11
yes!!! The way she treats Jen is shocking. I don’t know how Jen hasn’t snapped yet to be fair.

this 🙌🏼🙌🏼 She’s living in her dads, paying SFA. Great they’ve been able to save so fast but absolutely not the norm.
And her insistence to always talk about money and spending and saving is really gaudy. Jen is in a lower paying job and hands up money to her parents when she’s paid, she has said this herself, yet Karla keeps ramming into everyone’s skull how much she saves. I was livid when she said “no one notices a euro a day out of their account. No one notices a tenner a week on top of that.” There’s PLENTY of people who would notice all of that money going into savings. She’s so out of touch. Such a bloody brat.

And Jen is a parent. Providing for babies is so expensive. Karla gives off such privileged vibes and doesnt come across as grateful or gracious.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.