Kara and Nate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was me, who was asking for travel vloggers, but I'm not a fan of Van content etc. I'm not really into the 'hippie' type of content.
Kinging seem to do Van vlogs and I'm not into that.

It was me, who was asking for travel vloggers, but I'm not a fan of Van content etc. I'm not really into the 'hippie' type of content.
Kinging seem to do Van vlogs and I'm not into that.
Oh sorry I must have missed that bit. Think some of the earlier stuff is not van related but not watched everything yet.

I also watch Sailing la vagabond, sailing zatara, sailing nahoa, wild we roam (not a regular viewer of them though). Tried flying the nest but the irritate me.

Reactions: 1
Omg their video they posted yesterday is getting a lot of backlash...they decided to fly during the pandemic and people are not having it

Also so stupid of Nate to point out people not social distancing when he decides to make unnecessary travel in the first place hahah

Reactions: 7
they could have easily made some more videos about their van (seeing as it's broken again) and then some local trips, but no, they need to fly to las vegas instead :rolleyes:

I see on Reddit that they've gone to Las Vegas to stay in / review a $10k a night hotel suite. They're no better than the instagrammers who are in Dubai at the moment!

Reactions: 9
I used to really like these two but this was a stupid move. They will do an apology video (well Nate will, Kara will be too upset to feature like when they got backlash for charging to view the 100th country video).

Sailing Nahoa are on their way back to Thailand too so they may get some backlash but I kind of dont blame them as their boat/home is there it isnt like they are just going for a jolly.

If you had asked me a year ago I would have said Kara and Nate were my favourite vloggers but kind of lost interest in them this year they have made a few stupid decisions I think.

Reactions: 5
I used to really like these two but this was a stupid move. They will do an apology video (well Nate will, Kara will be too upset to feature like when they got backlash for charging to view the 100th country video).
Kara will upload a photo crying to Instagram stories, same as ever

Reactions: 3
i am also mad they said nothing about the incident at Capitol, no matter what side in politics, an acknowledgment of the same was expected. Unfollowed!

They're just so tone deaf. How the hell did they think this video would do well? They've been getting on my nerves with the whole van thing, but this one just tops the cake 🤦🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I mean the video has had over half a million views in 2 days and far more likes than dislikes... it kind of has gone well for them. People still watch. They'll still get the revenue. They will just ignore the comments

I mean the video has had over half a million views in 2 days and far more likes than dislikes... it kind of has gone well for them. People still watch. They'll still get the revenue. They will just ignore the comments
Yes, that's the thing... to them it's a win win situation. Even if people don't like it, they'll get the money from the views and engagement

Reactions: 2
If you had asked me a year ago I would have said Kara and Nate were my favourite vloggers but kind of lost interest in them this year they have made a few stupid decisions I think.
I used to watch them regularly but they started to annoy me. They just seemed so negative about most of the places they visited, unless it was somewhere in SE Asia where they could live like Lords cheaply and patronise the locals by calling them ‘cute’. They irritated me deeply with their comments about homeless people in Portland - presumably playing at being homeless for the aesthetic is somehow morally superior to people who live on the streets because they have no other choice. They spent what was clearly a lot of money on a van that they really don’t give a damn about, and now they’re flying in a pandemic to stay in a hotel, whilst complaining about all the other people who are also flying in a pandemic. They annoyed me so much that I unsubscribed. I’m just really, really hoping that Eric and Allison (The Endless Adventure) don’t do anything to let me down as I really need someone to live vicariously through!

Last edited:
I used to watch them regularly but they started to annoy me. They just seemed so negative about most of the places they visited, unless it was somewhere in SE Asia where they could live like Lords cheaply and patronise the locals by calling them ‘cute’. They irritated me deeply with their comments about homeless people in Portland - presumably playing at being homeless for the aesthetic is somehow morally superior to people who live the streets because they have no other choice. They spent what was clearly a lot of money on a van that they really don’t give a damn about, and now they’re flying in a pandemic to stay in a hotel, whilst complaining about all the other people who are also flying in a pandemic. They annoyed me so much that I unsubscribed. I’m just really, really hoping that Eric and Allison (The Endless Adventur) don’t do anything to let me down as I really need someone to live vicariously through!
So true. They seem to think so highly of themselves and above others.

Hi all!

I've been watching Kara and Nate for a few years now and I feel like things started going downhill around the launch of Faredrop. At that point, their youtube money was kind of guaranteed and I feel like they moved it to a back burner. Compared to other vloggers, it felt like they were shortening their videos and posting less frequently and more inconsistently. Also, it felt like around that time that they started taking larger sponsorships and really started to sell out.

2020 has just been issue after issue for them, mistakes were made and their true colors began to show. I agree with a lot of you that say that they lack a direction in their channel... and honestly it just feels like they don't really care about it anymore and it's a chore, just for the money.

Also all Kara does on IG (when not posting sponsored tit) is complain about editting.

They rushed the van to their detriment and that's backfired as the content isn't great and it seems to be a bit of a deathtrap on wheels.

I feel for travel bloggers when their travel is prevented, but they have enough money that they could take a bit of a break from it all.

Travel Beans (who aren't my favourite but are watcheable) are doing a sort of look back over their years of travel with behind the scenes info. All from one place as they can't travel. That feels better than K&N as they are doing their bit to prevent spread, their loyal followers will watch anyway, and new followers will likely enjoy.

I agree with you it is all about the money now and fair play to them if that is how they want to live but the quality of their videos is nowhere near what it was and they seem to have developed a huge sense if self importance.

I used to be addicted to their YouTube would watch hours and hours and felt they were the best out there for a while but now I think they are nowhere near.

My favourites at the moment are Eamon & Bec mainly because they have stopped travelling and appear to be very covid safe and are doing up an amazing cabin to be there new home. They just seem a bit more fun, relatable and down to earth these days (and they used to really annoy me at one point).

If anyone can reccomend any other travel vloggers to watch I would appreciate it as seem stuck with sailing vlogs at the moment which I enjoy as I think that is real hard work travelling not just sitting in plush airport lounges and staying in hotels.

I agree with you it is all about the money now and fair play to them if that is how they want to live but the quality of their videos is nowhere near what it was and they seem to have developed a huge sense if self importance.

I used to be addicted to their YouTube would watch hours and hours and felt they were the best out there for a while but now I think they are nowhere near.

My favourites at the moment are Eamon & Bec mainly because they have stopped travelling and appear to be very covid safe and are doing up an amazing cabin to be there new home. They just seem a bit more fun, relatable and down to earth these days (and they used to really annoy me at one point).

If anyone can reccomend any other travel vloggers to watch I would appreciate it as seem stuck with sailing vlogs at the moment which I enjoy as I think that is real hard work travelling not just sitting in plush airport lounges and staying in hotels.

Yeah -- at one point I thought they were the best too, but the past few years vibes have definitely changed. IDK, maybe it's time for them to just move on from making Youtube content. They would still make a decent amount in passive income just keeping their channel up -- but ultimately it just seems like the wave they were riding is crashing. I'm sure that Nate saved and invested a majority of the money they've made, they can easily move on. 🤷‍♀️

I recommend Jumping Places! They are a married couple that met volunteering (I think?). Chris is from the UK and Carol is from Brazil. They are really chill (sometimes a little too chill for me lol) but they seem super genuine :)

Yeah -- at one point I thought they were the best too, but the past few years vibes have definitely changed. IDK, maybe it's time for them to just move on from making Youtube content. They would still make a decent amount in passive income just keeping their channel up -- but ultimately it just seems like the wave they were riding is crashing. I'm sure that Nate saved and invested a majority of the money they've made, they can easily move on. 🤷‍♀️

I recommend Jumping Places! They are a married couple that met volunteering (I think?). Chris is from the UK and Carol is from Brazil. They are really chill (sometimes a little too chill for me lol) but they seem super genuine :)
Brill thank you I will give them a go. I really like Sailing La Vagabond as well I like that they get their hands dirty and isnt about posh hotels and luxuries for them. They are travelling with a toddler as well which must be really hard work on a boat.

I've tried to like Kara and Nate as I follow a lot of travelling YouTube couples (Flying the nest, Eamon and Bec, Sailing La Vagabonde) but I can't take to these two. I used to think it was because their personalities irk me with Kara acting like a child and crying whenever they get the slightest bit of (well deserved) backlash and Nate just seems to so arrogant.

I also just couldn't see a genuine passion for travel from either of them? Like they were just ticking countries off their list for the sake of it and staying at unusual places so they could make an attention grabbing video. I have never seen a desire from them to actually experience a country and get to know it's culture.

I think the pandemic really has shown their true colours and how entitled they really are. They rushed into van life with very little thought and complained the entire time because the van kept breaking. Maybe if they'd taken some time to fix it up properly then it would have ran more successfully.

Also in one of their recent videos they said they weren't going to be visiting any US National Parks because they wouldn't be allowed to film there without a permit, meaning they'd have to actually plan their visit and fill out some paper work (Heaven forbid). I've never been to the US but I know there are some incredible parks there that many people would love to visit yet the fact they are so unwilling to put in any effort to go see them shows how little they care about their travels. It's all about getting views and making money.

The final nail in the coffin is the fact that they chose to travel to Vegas in the middle of a pandemic and had to cheek to complain how disappointing it is that there were so many others on the plane! It's ok for these entitled influencers to travel but the rest of us better stay at home so we don't put them at risk and disrupt their plans!

Rant over.

Reactions: 11
I wonder if they will be back to the National Parks now that a US judge has issued a judgement indicating that National Park Service requiring permits for commercial filming is a violation of the US Constitution?