Kara and Nate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know any other travel youtubers 25+ or 30+, single or a couple, that are not showing (too much) van content? I don't really like Van content like Kara and Nate.
I already know: the bucket list family, flying the nest, Deneger & Stacy, endless adventure. I'm still subscribed to the bucket list family, but their content bores me out too, it's mostly water what viewers see.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I heard that too and they follow him on IG . But on the day they called election Kara put up a status saying now she can switch off the tv for next 4 years, not sure what she meant by that though
Apparently on an old video they’re watching Trumps inauguration. I think they’re republicans for sure, they’re from the south and NEVER speak of anything political such as BLM etc.

Reactions: 4
Apparently on an old video they’re watching Trumps inauguration. I think they’re republicans for sure, they’re from the south and NEVER speak of anything political such as BLM etc.
Yeah thought so already. I stopped following them, amongst other things, for that reason this year.

But on the day they called election Kara put up a status saying now she can switch off the tv for next 4 years, not sure what she meant by that though
Proabably because Biden won.

Last edited:
I heard that too and they follow him on IG . But on the day they called election Kara put up a status saying now she can switch off the tv for next 4 years, not sure what she meant by that though
Or that she's a relatively well-off white woman from the South who has the privilege not to be interested in politics. I get the sense that Nate would vote for anyone giving him lower taxes and Kara doesn't seem to have her own mind so she'd do the same. They've never shown themselves to be interested in US/world events, rather they seem pretty self-centred so would only be interested if it served their interests (Republican trait).

Reactions: 1
Or that she's a relatively well-off white woman from the South who has the privilege not to be interested in politics. I get the sense that Nate would vote for anyone giving him lower taxes and Kara doesn't seem to have her own mind so she'd do the same. They've never shown themselves to be interested in US/world events, rather they seem pretty self-centred so would only be interested if it served their interests (Republican trait).
Yeah that's what I took the turning off the TV thing to mean-they had their week of being interested in politics, and now they can stop being interested because politics doesn't really affect their lives.

I just think that they never speak about anything political or any other events, because then they will probably loose many followers. They want to remain ''neutral'' on their social medias.

Reactions: 5
Yea , but for two people like them who have travelled the world we would expect a little bit more interest in politics especially in the given political climate . Also ,completely agree , they come across as incredibly selfish these days especially Nate. And they complain about everything all the time , sooo annoying !

I just think that they never speak about anything political or any other events, because then they will probably loose many followers. They want to remain ''neutral'' on their social medias.
Like I said earlier , they follow Trump on IG , so it’s pretty clear. I agree that they don’t say anything particular because of the follower thing on SM , after all it’s what brings them the money and they are all about it

First time poster, made an account just for them.
Haven't actually "followed" them too long and only saw a couple of videos that popped up on my recommendations. Someone on here (or on Reddit) pointed out before how they actually don't seem to enjoy traveling since they don't really explore and just do the basic touristy stuff and especially this last vlog with the National Park sealed the deal for me.
Nate pointed out how they passed so many places he wanted to visit but they didn't because they couldn't film? really? If he really liked exploring he would jump at the opportunity to go to those places or actually pay the money for the license to film there. But yeah, they are just doing it for the money.
And don't get me started with Kara. What's with the constant baby voice? And how co-dependent she is? When Nate did the bike tour and she was all "usually Nate does this" with literally anything? And don't get me started on those eyebrows...
Hi :)
I’m a first time poster also. I created an account just because I wanted to comment on your post :)
I 💯 agree with everything you said ! Couldn’t have said it better. Especially the eyebrow comment.

Hi everyone! First time poster here as well, actually created this account so I can give my opinion about Kara and Nate. My partner and I started watching them about two years ago, and we were so into them.. but honestly ever since the 100 country "documentary" we've been turned off by them. Their content is.. how do I say it without sounding mean... well just plain boring. Its the same thing over and over again. I rarely watch their videos any more because its just so repetitive. Another thing that recently turned me off even more by them was their new "company" Atlas.Co. Over $100 for a map? You've got to be kidding me. Is the youtube ad revenue not enough any more? lol. Just seems like all they care about now is making money and not good content. What do you guys think about their new business venture?

Reactions: 3
I used to love Kara & Nate, some of the videos they have made were really enjoyable (India, Ukraine, Moscow amongst my favourites). The 100th video fiasco was a shame and I think they (well Nate) handled the backlash well. I am well and truly bored of them now though, I appreciate it is difficult with covid but America is a vast place with loads to see and do and they just seem to be passing up on way too many opportunities to show the viewers what it is like. Kara irritates me with the baby voice, i will probably tune in again when they start back on world travels but for now i am tmaing a break.

I am however loving Eamon & Bec at the moment, the cabin that they have purchased is amazing and I am enjoying watching what they do to it (Bec irritates at times but I do think she comes across as a decent person).

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know any other travel youtubers 25+ or 30+, single or a couple, that are not showing (too much) van content? I don't really like Van content like Kara and Nate.
I already know: the bucket list family, flying the nest, Deneger & Stacy, endless adventure. I'm still subscribed to the bucket list family, but their content bores me out too, it's mostly water what viewers see.
I still have to check if I like Eamon & Bec their most recent cabin content. Don't know them.

I've found Lilys Expat life on Youtube, I kinda like her content, seeing authentic Thailand.

Avelovinit is a travel vlogger from the Philippines. She does a lot of Island videos right now and recently got engaged but her older solo travel vlogs are good fun

Hi everyone! First time poster here as well, actually created this account so I can give my opinion about Kara and Nate. My partner and I started watching them about two years ago, and we were so into them.. but honestly ever since the 100 country "documentary" we've been turned off by them. Their content is.. how do I say it without sounding mean... well just plain boring. Its the same thing over and over again. I rarely watch their videos any more because its just so repetitive. Another thing that recently turned me off even more by them was their new "company" Atlas.Co. Over $100 for a map? You've got to be kidding me. Is the youtube ad revenue not enough any more? lol. Just seems like all they care about now is making money and not good content. What do you guys think about their new business venture?
I'm a new poster too. I haven't seen the latest business venture, but it sounds pretty cringe. I used to enjoy their videos, but after the 100 country thing I just started realizing how everything was about money for them. Van life seems like it makes them miserable, but it's a popular subject and gets them views, so they keep doing it. They won't visit National Parks because they want to film it and they can't and now they won't even go for their own enjoyment?? Plus it was their own wrongdoing, not whoever reported them. Their video about Portland was the last draw for me because instead of highlighting the positives, they made it awkward talking about the homelessness and boarded up buildings. Everything they do reeks of privilege and I just can't watch them anymore.

First time poster, made an account just for them.
Haven't actually "followed" them too long and only saw a couple of videos that popped up on my recommendations. Someone on here (or on Reddit) pointed out before how they actually don't seem to enjoy traveling since they don't really explore and just do the basic touristy stuff and especially this last vlog with the National Park sealed the deal for me.
Nate pointed out how they passed so many places he wanted to visit but they didn't because they couldn't film? really? If he really liked exploring he would jump at the opportunity to go to those places or actually pay the money for the license to film there. But yeah, they are just doing it for the money.
And don't get me started with Kara. What's with the constant baby voice? And how co-dependent she is? When Nate did the bike tour and she was all "usually Nate does this" with literally anything? And don't get me started on those eyebrows...
Ha they really don't seem like they enjoy traveling, right?? If they truly did enjoy travel, they wouldn't choose not to visit a place just because they can't film it.

Last edited:
Avelovinit is a travel vlogger from the Philippines. She does a lot of Island videos right now and recently got engaged but her older solo travel vlogs are good fun
Thank you, I started following her. I like travel content, but not too touristy. I think she offers that especially in The Philippines. Her and her fiance are very cute together.

I also started to follow 'Kimono Mom' a young Japanese woman and her content is very enjoyable to watch (put subtitles on). She even makes authentic Japanese food recipes videos.

Thank you, I started following her. I like travel content, but not too touristy. I think she offers that especially in The Philippines. Her and her fiance are very cute together.

I also started to follow 'Kimono Mom' a young Japanese woman and her content is very enjoyable to watch (put subtitles on). She even makes authentic Japanese food recipes videos.

Oh thank you, I will check her out :)

I have just started watch Kinging it. An acquired taste and at first really didnt get them but they have been filming in the outer Hebrides (my favourite place) and they have kind of grown on me. They dont take themselves seriously at all and the videos are a bit random and giddy but for the scenery alone in in.

I agree with you. The Atlas map company isn’t an original idea. There are parts of it that are somewhat different from other companies that have very similar products. But, the price point is off putting for me. Another thing that seemed ironic is that they are selling a product that they can’t even showcase on their channel. Where would they hang a big map in the van ? And don’t forget they make a lot of money from their many sponsors. Their videos these days seem like infomercials. My opinion comes from watching them for 2 years so I feel I have a good point of reference. The big turning point for me was the Portland video. If my memory is correct, in the beginning of that particular video they were showing all the food that Target had given them to promote. Then during the video they spoke poorly about the homeless people, who I’m sure were hungry, living in tents while they were in line to buy donuts. Why, why why did they not take those people some of that free food given to them by sponsors ?! Instead of saying the homeless people were “poor ambassadors” they could have shown some compassion and given away some of the free food that their sponsors GIVE them. Does anyone agree? Or am I being to hard on them ?

I agree with you. The Atlas map company isn’t an original idea. There are parts of it that are somewhat different from other companies that have very similar products. But, the price point is off putting for me. Another thing that seemed ironic is that they are selling a product that they can’t even showcase on their channel. Where would they hang a big map in the van ? And don’t forget they make a lot of money from their many sponsors. Their videos these days seem like infomercials. My opinion comes from watching them for 2 years so I feel I have a good point of reference. The big turning point for me was the Portland video. If my memory is correct, in the beginning of that particular video they were showing all the food that Target had given them to promote. Then during the video they spoke poorly about the homeless people, who I’m sure were hungry, living in tents while they were in line to buy donuts. Why, why why did they not take those people some of that free food given to them by sponsors ?! Instead of saying the homeless people were “poor ambassadors” they could have shown some compassion and given away some of the free food that their sponsors GIVE them. Does anyone agree? Or am I being to hard on them ?
Completely agree with everything you just said! I haven't even bothered to watch the last few videos.. because they just do not sound a tad bit interesting. lol

I watched the last one, they took their niece for an overnight stay at an aquarium (think she is 2, her parents were there too) they must have said half a dozen times that they hoped it made them her favourite/coolest/best aunt and uncle. Petty I know but they will have barely seen her growing up, if I was her aunt that had probably been more present since she was born I would be thinking 'up yours'. Cute kid though.

I mentioned Kinging It yesterday as someone mentioned wanting other travel vlogs to watch and they have really grown on me. Watched the whole of the Scottish series yesterday and now watching the India one, they are pretty crazy and seem to be more in it for a good time.

They are my new favourites..for now.