Kara and Nate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven't watched them in ages, I find them very condescending to people they meet in countries, calling old people cutešŸ™„, and there's no spontaneity in their videos anymore
Have loved watching Flying the Nest, especially during lockdown, their videos have changed so much, new baby, but still going places. They're stuck in Western Australia, not allowed to leave, but that is one beautiful state, and they've now got a podcast, wish it was weekly not fortnightly

Reactions: 1
They have become very stale recently, I loved them for a long time but theyā€™re coming off as super privileged, especially recently!
The national parks thing is just ridiculous with the amount of money theyā€™ve been making!

they even went cheap on the van, which constantly had issues that Nate mostly tries to fix himself. One vlog he almost burned the whole thing down!
Iā€™m glad they finally hired a professional recently.

Their subreddit has turned against them since the documentary months ago, itā€™s an interesting read

Reactions: 4
I think I'm a little jealous of their lifestyle, if I'm being honest although I realise that they have put lots of effort into their channel business wise and are now reaping the rewards, through a high subscriber count and some high profile sponsorships.

- The whole not visiting national parks seems to be because they are reluctant to pay.

- The whole 'vanlife' doesn't seem real, it just seems that it is a way of travelling around the US without having to pay to stay somewhere all the time, unless they get a sponsored stay.

- The airport lounges were great because they didn't have to pay extra and they always wanted the middle seat free on the aeroplane when travelling economy.

It seems there is a trend in their decisions but maybe that is why they are able to make six figure amounts per quarter and I don't make that in a year!

As they have stated a number of times, they need a target to work towards, like the running every morning for a month and the bike trip. Now the channel seems to be lacking some direction. I think they need a new target, something like visiting all the state capitols in the USA and eating in a local restaurant in each of those cities. They shouldn't get fined for doing that!

Reactions: 3
I am finding Nate is too focused on the affiliate bandwagon. Need to tone it down somewhat. Bring back the joy of travel. Go back to their "roots" so to speak. I do feel some countries were not portrayed properly and shortcuts were taken. eg Australia However, I can understand with the nature of airfares going up and down, promo's come and go, you may have to act decisively and quickly to take advantage of the offer. Just something is missing from their blogs right now... Also, I would like to see them donate a little more to the communities they highlight, rather than make "us" donate if that makes sense. They recently offered a competition we could enter to win, but we had to pay for the privilege of entering !!! That to me was not cool.

Probably because it's a cheap shithole.

Nate is obsessed with saving money, he comes off as so god damn cheap. In another life, I'm sure he'd be one of those whackos on extreme couponers.

I bet they're the type to email places and demand free tit for "exposure" too lol.
They do email and get freebies for exposure The tour they did to Everest Base Camp was a freebie, in exchange for documenting the trek and giving it a good thumbs up and endorsement for the trekking company.

Just find it pretty irresponsible their attitude at the moment. Pretending like everything is normal and starting to travel around again. The world, and the US especially, are not clear of this horrible virus yet. I know they don't really like to stay in one place but they've been so lucky the past few years with how much they've seen of the world. I could be wrong but feel like this "van life" thing is money and views driven
Most of the international bloggers are doing the same Van Life thing right now.. Tim and Flin are doing the same... It's all about maintaining their social media presence and income !!! The bloggers who I respect are Itchy Boots and Her Two Wheels..

So funny to read this post as I had the exact same thought when i finally got round to watching the Philippines vlogs last night. That, I like they gave the country another chance realising how much they had opened their minds since the first visit. Which led me to the exact same thought path of how itā€™s a shame that they also misrepresented the UK a fair bit. Even in London they stayed in a weird area and definitely didnā€™t seem to get the best impression. Though I donā€™t see them returning any time soon, itā€™s not got the cheap exotic image of the Philippines.
I felt the same way about their time in Australia They did not capture the essence of Aussie. Though I am Aussie, but live stateside for the past 23 years, I was disappointed with their vlog

Last edited:
Thanks to whoever mentioned The Endless Adventure on here and also Flying The Nest, I looked both up and they're great. Can anyone recommend any others now I've given up on watching Kara and Nate?
Itchy Boots is one of my faves

I hate when they call people "sooo sweet" too. It infantilises people and tells us nothing about them.

Love Endless Adventure too!

Also, they shared a clip of Casey Neistat talking in relation to the BLM movement and said "this is what it's about"... umm how about elevating some black voices and not that of another white man.
I can not stand nor respect Casey Neistat. I tried to like his blogs, but he posted a vlog a few days ago, and that was it for me I have unsubscribed his channels..

Wow, they literally admitted in their latest video that they had to cut out a rant where they were complaining that the homeless community are not good ambassadors for a city :sick:

2020 is a tough time for all, economies are in decline and people are losing their jobs, homes and lives to Covid-19. But typical self-absorbed and narcissistic travel vloggers are upset because it doesn't produce enough pretty b-roll footage.

Also the sheer irony of them complaining about homeless people. Van-lifers literally glamourise homelessness.

Reactions: 8
Wow, they literally admitted in their latest video that they had to cut out a rant where they were complaining that the homeless community are not good ambassadors for a city :sick:

2020 is a tough time for all, economies are in decline and people are losing their jobs, homes and lives to Covid-19. But typical self-absorbed and narcissistic travel vloggers are upset because it doesn't produce enough pretty b-roll footage.

Also the sheer irony of them complaining about homeless people. Van-lifers literally glamourise homelessness.
Plus, they had no problem shooting scenes of poverty in other countries and glamourising it. Seems that poverty is not as photogenic in the US.
Both reactions to it are pretty heinous. Either: cute poor people I can film and make money from. Or: tent city not cute, won't make us money.

Reactions: 5
Yeah, that really pissed me off. Homeless people aren't trying to be ambassadors for the city, they're people who have been forced out of their homes because of dire circumstances. Money seems to have really gone to their heads.

They both are too whiny now. The video about National park- what if they had to pay? what is wrong in that? why are they stubborn they need to film for free but make money posting it on youtube. National Parks in the US is not very well funded. Plus the current administration has cut the funding further down. People do make donations to National Park Foundation to help the National Parks. If you have been to both US and Canadian National Parks you can see the difference in how its maintained and why in Canada Parks are well maintained and in US not so much. Lack of funds. So without making it a big deal, be polite and pay them the money they "need" to film content for youtube which gives revenue, like how you pay for numerous other products and services related to travel/youtubing!

Reactions: 7
Havenā€™t been on TL for ages (well an occasional lurk but not to post) but I had to have a nose to see if anyone had commented on these two.

The absolute audacity of them to show tents if homeless people to show their ā€œbad experienceā€ then moan about their heater breaking when they could afford a hotel or just to rent or buy a normal place themselves sent me over the edge. Disgusting! They do nothing but moan, about the van, about the national parks thing, now about the poor people daring to exists in a non blog-able way near them. Iā€™ve never seen two people in need of checking their privilege more.
The whole van ā€œrenovationā€ (which seemed more like them pretty-ing it up) I never saw Kara do a thing and I refuse to believe editing takes up all her time, she just seems like more of a diva and he seems like a real control freak but simultaneously useless at practical things.

man it feels good to get that off my chest!

Reactions: 7
Oh itā€™s just her voice and her seemingly whiter than white personality I really think Nate is a classic narc

Reactions: 2
Thanks to whoever mentioned The Endless Adventure on here and also Flying The Nest, I looked both up and they're great. Can anyone recommend any others now I've given up on watching Kara and Nate?

I like the smaller travel YouTubers like In Search of Traveler and The Traveling Swiss. Less ego and seem more authentic to me

I've given up tbh.

I much prefer Endless Adventure, and gave recently started following Eamon&Bec as they convert a Canadian cabin in the woods.

I saw the thumbnail of the latest video and didn't even bother clicking this time. Their content has gone stale, it seems very put on, mhmmmm big ott reaction to food, mhmm big ott reaction to something they like, oh no some mild inconvenience happened and its now the plot line to our content.

I'm getting really tired of content like that where they're never talking about anything real or reacting its all aesthetic/samey IG goals stuff.

Reactions: 5
I saw the thumbnail of the latest video and didn't even bother clicking this time. Their content has gone stale, it seems very put on, mhmmmm big ott reaction to food, mhmm big ott reaction to something they like, oh no some mild inconvenience happened and its now the plot line to our content.

I'm getting really tired of content like that where they're never talking about anything real or reacting its all aesthetic/samey IG goals stuff.
Yeah, I've stopped watching all travel vloggers apart from Flying the Nest, maybe because they're Australian like me, and they're going to be travelling around here, and that's the only travel I'll be able to do, so I find that more relateable. But completely gone off Kara and Nate, it's just boring and the same, and they seem annoyed that everything is closed, it's like Coronavirus is an inconvenience to them šŸ˜’. Getting in the way of their videos.

Reactions: 4
Just echoing you all - haven't watched a video of Kara and Nate's in quite a while now - really bored of them. Their sub count seems to be growing a lot still so good for them, their content's just not for me anymore.

I've also just started on Eamon and Bec because that cabin in Canada looks amazing!

ive given up too, im dying to travel my trips like everyone have been cancelled and rightly so, (I was heartbroken)

I just cant get people who are still travelling. maybe I just have a different view:unsure:

just finding kara and Nate so self involved its sad

Just echoing you all - haven't watched a video of Kara and Nate's in quite a while now - really bored of them. Their sub count seems to be growing a lot still so good for them, their content's just not for me anymore.

I've also just started on Eamon and Bec because that cabin in Canada looks amazing!
Maybe we need an Eamon&Bec rave thread

Haven't watched them in ages, I find them very condescending to people they meet in countries, calling old people cutešŸ™„, and there's no spontaneity in their videos anymore
Have loved watching Flying the Nest
I agree so much, I actually liked some of Nate and Kara their videos, but ever since they bought that van I unsubcribed. That content bored me.
I also loved watching Flying the Nest, but I don't follow them anymore, their content changed a lot this year after the baby arrived.

PS I heard that Nate and Kara are Trump supporters, but don't know if that is true.

Off topic a bit but I donā€™t get how you can all watch flying the nestšŸ™ˆ I spent a good few vlogs thinking I was watching a sister and her gay brother travel the world together - was a bit of a shock when I realised theyā€™re MARRIED
Haha I thought that he liked men toošŸ™ˆ. He's so feminine. Who knows maybe he likes both men and women?

Last edited:
PS I heard that Nate and Kara are Trump supporters, but don't know if that is true.
I heard that too and they follow him on IG . But on the day they called election Kara put up a status saying now she can switch off the tv for next 4 years, not sure what she meant by that though