Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bluelipstick

VIP Member
I was a buffy / angel fan too - there was always something off, with the way they ended Cordy’s storyline. I'm glad she finally felt she could share her story.

I'm sad that the funniest scene of Angel was Whedon himself dancing and now if I ever watch again I'll just be thinking ‘prick!’

Reactions: 4
  • Angry

Plasticbox

Chatty Member
I’m sure I’ve seen a quote from SMG where she says that David always had his trousers off and how everyone had seen him naked.

• Sick
  • Sad

Tinga

It’s possible some of the Buffy and Angel males weren’t savvy to what JW was up too because they wasn’t subjected to it like the female cast mates was or they was and choose to ignore it and JW simply has gotten worse and now does it to everyone regardless of gender, I find it hard to believe all the cast wasn’t aware of what was going on especially when you spend long hours with theses people.

As for David B heard he had some own allegations of harassment against women like Nicholas Brendon murky history so probably been told to keep quiet.

Tinga

I feel like the worst of the abuse started later on in the show and peaked in season 6. The degrading sex scenes they made SMG shoot were awful.

SMG had always taken her status as a role model very seriously - making sure to never be pictured drinking or smoking at a time of her life when all her peers were having fun.

Joss would have known this so I feel the Spike and Buffy stuff was done to punish her and put her in her place. He'd have known that she would have hated filming that, and she says herself she made it clear. I feel she gave him an ultimatum and threatened to walk if they made her carry on with it.
Probably explains why she had no sex scenes in the last season and it was deffo watered down compared to S6.

Remotecontrol

VIP Member
I can’t get over this guy, trumpeting himself as a feminist whilst treating his wife and female members of his cast and crew in this manner. I mean weighing the female cast? I had read some things on blind item sites in the last but not at this level or volume. Astonishing

She's spoken of that scene before specifically- where they are on the balcony in the Bronze. She said Buffy never would have done that in front of her friends and I think that was the tipping point that made her demand to speak to Joss.
Yes that's exactly the scene she was talking about. Didn't Amber Benson say she felt the same about the scene with Willow in Once More with Feeling. Seems he regularly made cast members feel very uncomfortable and if you said anything you were killed off.

• Sad
Reactions: 3

LadyCandour

Chatty Member
I feel like the worst of the abuse started later on in the show and peaked in season 6. The degrading sex scenes they made SMG shoot were awful.

SMG had always taken her status as a role model very seriously - making sure to never be pictured drinking or smoking at a time of her life when all her peers were having fun.

Joss would have known this so I feel the Spike and Buffy stuff was done to punish her and put her in her place. He'd have known that she would have hated filming that, and she says herself she made it clear. I feel she gave him an ultimatum and threatened to walk if they made her carry on with it.
Joss is a bully, racist, misogynistic and a perv. More details of the various complaints here.

In the mean time this I'd the complaint that started it all and why Charisma spoke out. This seems to get overlooked

Attachments

Tinga

I doubt most will say anything in-depth lots are still radio silence about it.

Sad that so many of theses classic shows that everyone loved was overseen by toxic fuckwits.

LaraQ

VIP Member
I wondered whether she was the one JW had had the affair with as she was rumoured to be throwing her weight around behind the scenes. Wesley wasn't around at the beginning.
I don't think AH had an affair with him. but she was tight with him and was also rumoured to be a real bully on set to some of the other actresses.

• Wow
  • Sad

Lavendergreendillydilly

I mean a Spike fan blog isn't exactly an unbiased opinion. And James Marsters is hardly going to say "yeah, I wrote that when she was 15 because I thought she was hot"

It's not a song that a person who isn't a creep would write.

Smca53

VIP Member
I’ve just checked and I don’t think there is. I could set one up in the “tv and film” section, maybe as a Buffy and Angel thread? Or “Buffy/Angel/Firefly”? So then there’s a separate place for general fan chat?
A Buffy/Angel thread would be good! I would leave Firefly separate since it’s not connected to the other two?

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
A Buffy/Angel thread would be good! I would leave Firefly separate since it’s not connected to the other two?
Good point! Done!

Knight of Galador

Chatty Member

I do think that Joss Whedon is talented. In this case I can seperate the art from the artist but his creepiness definitely sneaks in the show. Season 6 is a good example of this with Buffy only feeling alive if she was having degrading sex with a man she hated. The absolute worst was when Spike attempted to rape Buffy and she let him go without staking him.

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Michelle’s messages are particularly troubling
Oh yikes, it’s heartbreaking.
I’m a Buffy fan too, but I don’t want to let Whedon’s horrific behaviour ruin it for me. The way I see it is that all of his shows were collaborations, so it wouldn’t be fair on all of the decent people who worked hard on these projects to write it all off, if that makes sense?
Obviously though the more important thing is the well-being of anyone who’s been affected by his actions.