Buffy and Angel

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A thread to chat about these iconic shows!
I’m sure there’ll be a lot to chat about, but to get the ball rolling, any favourite characters, or episodes?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
My favourite. Does anyone remember when this was first shown on uk tv on bbc2 on a Friday night ? Just after tea time I’m sure!
I always have this warm fuzzy feeling when I watch and think about the show because it really takes me back to my early teens when life just seemed that much simpler 😂.
My favourite season is probably the 1st season. I’ll have to think about that though.
Didn’t like the whole time when willow turned dark, the father guy and glory. Wasn’t too fussed on those episodes.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Love Buffy!

Don’t hate but I do love Riley! Always have and always will!

Hated season 4 though - the whole vibe was just bit naff in my opinion. Season 3 and 5 were strong.

Hate Dawn, Kennedy, Anya and Principal Wood.

Reactions: 5
Buffy the musical! ‘Once more with feeling’. I know every single word.

I have watched every single episode of Buffy but never got into Angel.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I adore Buffy, I’ve watched it an endless number of times ❤ I just recently finished a re-watch.

I just finished watching Angel through properly for the first time. I don’t feel the same love for it.... doubt I’ll ever do a rewatch of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I adore Buffy, I’ve watched it an endless number of times ❤ I just recently finished a re-watch.

I just finished watching Angel through properly for the first time. I don’t feel the same love for it.... doubt I’ll ever do a rewatch of that.
where are you watching it?? me and my friends were obsessed with Buffy, I watched a bit of Angel (maybe as I was obsessed with the actor) but never really got into it

Reactions: 1
where are you watching it?? me and my friends were obsessed with Buffy, I watched a bit of Angel (maybe as I was obsessed with the actor) but never really got into it
Both are on All4! I watched Buffy on Prime to avoid the adverts on All4 though. I think All4 has a free trial of its ad-free version :) I found out about that after I’d finished Angel haha

Reactions: 3
Iconic! I remember getting into the show a few seasons into it. The previous seasons were in regular syndication and shown in order so I was able to catch up and watch the current season as it aired. I remember setting the VCR to record it :ROFLMAO:

I had such a crush on Spike back in the day and got caught up in the Buffy x Spike storyline. I've rewatched it a few times as an adult and realize how his character and his relationship with Buffy is extremely problematic. The things you ignore when you're young. I found out that James Marsters had a band and listened to a few of his songs. I was shocked to learn years later that his British accent is fake and he's from California. I did a rewatch a while ago and I thought Oz (Seth Green) was kind of cute lol and was sad when he and Willow broke up.

I also loved Tara and was so upset when she died.

Yes, Tara was great!

Dawn and Anya, easily the most irritating people.

does anyone remember the episode where Buffy was injected with something and she kept flitting from her ‘real world’ then coming to in a psych ward and seeing her parents? It kind of leaves you wondering if she was actually living in her psychotic state all along and she chose to stay in it rather than staying with her parents in the ‘real’ world. That is definitely one of my favourite episodes.

Reactions: 15
I just finished a rewatch as well, it's been the perfect thing to have on while I've been WFH as I know it so well it doesn't take too much focus!

Band Candy, The Wish, Hush, Restless, The Gift, OMWF and Tabula Rasa are all in my top ten easily.

I loved Angel as well, need to rewatch that next - interested to hear about the All4 trial as I was about to crack out my actual DVDs to avoid the ads!

Reactions: 7
I just finished a rewatch as well, it's been the perfect thing to have on while I've been WFH as I know it so well it doesn't take too much focus!

Band Candy, The Wish, Hush, Restless, The Gift, OMWF and Tabula Rasa are all in my top ten easily.

I loved Angel as well, need to rewatch that next - interested to hear about the All4 trial as I was about to crack out my actual DVDs to avoid the ads!
Makes you realize how spoilt we are with streaming services now. Back in the day you saved up to buy the DVD seasons individually or were able to grab the entire boxset. I have fond memories looking at my boxset series DVDs (and some Blurays) knowing that I have some of my favorite shows forever. I don't need to worry if it ends up leaving one of the streaming services or goes into a streaming service shuffle and I have to hunt it down.

I've still got a wall of them on VHS because I think it looks so impressive and I've had a lot of them signed at conventions. And then rebought them all on DVD. It's unthinkable these days!

It seems to be quite a controversial view but I liked Dawn. I much preferred her in season 7 when she seemed more mature and became a fully fledged Scooby.

My favourite seasons are 5, 6 and 7, although on my recent rewatch I was reminded of how great parts of season 2 & 3 are (I realise I haven’t really narrowed it down much lol).

Is anyone else seeing it differently now though in light of the recent accusations against Joss Whedon?
It's a huge disappointment for sure.

I adore this show and I don't think it can be ruined for me. I still cry at certain episodes.

Reactions: 4
I loved Buffy. Season 1-3 were by far my favourite. I've re watched them so many times. When they got to college I kind of lost interest. Maybe one day I'll go back and watch the whole thing again.

I liked Angel too but again only the first couple of seasons. After that it got too weird for me.

Love Buffy!

Don’t hate but I do love Riley! Always have and always will!

Hated season 4 though - the whole vibe was just bit naff in my opinion. Season 3 and 5 were strong.

Hate Dawn, Kennedy, Anya and Principal Wood.
I always thought he was a dick :(

Reactions: 1
I always get frustrated about Buffys money issues. She has to work at the doublemeat palace and has to use her allowance to get rid of the tattoo when Ethan Rayne tattoos her neck... yet Giles gets paid? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Bloody love Buffy! I have watched all seasons of Angel as well, but never really connected with it. It seemed a bit far fetched (not like the very real Buffy 🤣)

Season 3 is absolutely my favourite. The Prom episode always gets me, when Angel comes at the end, and she gets the class protector award 😩

The episode The Body, when Joyce dies, always makes me cry.

I didn’t love season 7, I didn’t love the ending of Buffy at all.

Also love OMWF, I used to have the cd on repeat in my car and still sing it all the time 🙈

One random character I hated was Riley’s wife. I think I don’t like the actress just, but she was so annoying. Riley himself was a whiner mind you. A real shame as it would have been nice to have Buffy with someone “real”, rather than demonic. Someone mentioned above they hated principal wood, I’m with you on that. He was shifty and annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3