Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bluelipstick

VIP Member
Interesting tidbit I read elsewhere and I don't know if it's true but if it this ...its disgusting. Given Carpenter's recount of Whedon telling her she looked 'fat' at 126 pounds, it makes you wonder:

Josh Whedon used to weigh the young female cast members weekly and rage if they went over 110lb. Buffy, Willow, Cordelia, Harmony and Fred in Angel were all borderline anorexic trying to keep below that weight. Meanwhile the guy playing Angel ballooned in Angel from how he was in Buffy and nobody said a thing to him which will be why he isn't speaking out. Other anorexic cast members included Eve in Angel and Nina the werewoman.

Also, Boreanaz has wiped his instagram after fans have been telling him to speak up.:oops:
This is so unsettling!

Nina was played by Jenny Mollen and she had a history of eating disorders, I remember reading about it in her book.

• Sad
Reactions: 3

Plasticbox

Chatty Member
I think looking back it’s easy to see now that some episodes were totally inappropriate and not needed for the story line. There was no need to create a buffy bot just to have sex with spike and there was no need for a whole episode basically of buffy and Riley having sex!

Lavendergreendillydilly

James Marsters wrote a song about Michelle Tractenberg saying she'll grow into a woman with curves and he'd love to be with her but she's too "dangerous" because she's young. She was 15 when he wrote it. So all of those people saying he's a "good man" on twitter might want to do a quick google and delete their tweets 😬

• Wow

Smca53

VIP Member
I get the feeling AH being upset that he didn’t notice what was going on was genuine. I also assume that he’s referencing Michelle in particular when he speaks about those that spoke out after Charisma.

Lavendergreendillydilly

I get the feeling AH being upset that he didn’t notice what was going on was genuine. I also assume that he’s referencing Michelle in particular when he speaks about those that spoke out after Charisma.
Yeah the more I think about it I believe that he didn't know. It didn't seem like acting. His daughter is an actress and only a couple of years younger than Michelle so you can imagine the dynamics. I hope hope hope with all my heart he didn't * do * anything to her because her post was very disturbing and she seemed distressed.

Reactions: 2

Lavendergreendillydilly

I think people assumed it was her because of the character she played and because she was in that other show he made but I don't think any of the affairs were long term. It's all hearsay. I don't believe she would speak out in support of Charisma if it were true because she'd be putting herself in the firing line. If it was an actress on the show I'd be looking at who hasn't spoken out.

MrsPiggleWiggle

Chatty Member
I do think that Joss Whedon is talented. In this case I can seperate the art from the artist but his creepiness definitely sneaks in the show. Season 6 is a good example of this with Buffy only feeling alive if she was having degrading sex with a man she hated. The absolute worst was when Spike attempted to rape Buffy and she let him go without staking him.
Disgusting how a show like Buffy just let's him get away with that. It should have put an end to all the Spuffy stuff.

Same with Andrew in season 7. He does some vile things in season 6 and kills Jonathan in CWDP, but he doesn't really earn his redemption.

Smca53

VIP Member
I doubt Alyson Hannigan will speak out, even if she knows anything, which is disappointing. Her husband has been employed by Joss repeatedly... they seem to be in the inner circle.

MrFMercury

Chatty Member
It might be some weird blip because I’m setting up a new device, but all but one of David Boreanaz’s Instagram posts seem to have vanished and James Marsters has posted a ‘didn’t see nothing but supporting the others’ type post.

Smca53

VIP Member
It might be some weird blip because I’m setting up a new device, but all but one of David Boreanaz’s Instagram posts seem to have vanished and James Marsters has posted a ‘didn’t see nothing but supporting the others’ type post.
In fairness to James, he’s spoken out about Whedon before, to an extent.

So weird about David’s Instagram, it’s showing the same for me!

MrFMercury

Chatty Member
DB now has a picture of his dad as a young man as the only post on Instagram. Not sure why I keep checking. Sarah Michelle Gellar posted a slideshow recently of pics of her and Seth Green together. He’s always struck me as a good one too. I really hope he is.

I feel like the worst of the abuse started later on in the show and peaked in season 6. The degrading sex scenes they made SMG shoot were awful.

SMG had always taken her status as a role model very seriously - making sure to never be pictured drinking or smoking at a time of her life when all her peers were having fun.

Joss would have known this so I feel the Spike and Buffy stuff was done to punish her and put her in her place. He'd have known that she would have hated filming that, and she says herself she made it clear. I feel she gave him an ultimatum and threatened to walk if they made her carry on with it.
There's an outtake video out there somewhere from Season 6 where SMG says something along the lines of there's far too much sex in this show, she definitely wasn't completely comfortable with the direction they were taking her character during that season.

Runforestrun

VIP Member
Weird. I’ve followed David for years and all of his posts have vanished except for one from 3 days ago! How strange?

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
With AH, I’d give him the benefit of the doubt, he was older, a little removed from the younger cast and travelled back and forth to film for a good chunk of it.
That’s what I thought too. And at that time any male cast members were probably oblivious to what was going on.
I know AH is an actor, but he really does seem to be upset that he didn’t realise. It’s good to see that he wants to make clear that he doesn’t doubt the allegations even though he didn’t see anything.
Sadly, it actually means a lot, because his word will be taken more seriously, so it’s good that he’s spoken out, and is openly on the side of the victims,

Tinga

With AH, I’d give him the benefit of the doubt, he was older, a little removed from the younger cast and travelled back and forth to film for a good chunk of it.
im also separating Joss from Buffy/Angel/firefly in my head, they all got me through my teenage years and 20s, to me it was an ensemble and I can’t write it off just because of Joss. I’m so disheartened in him though, he wrote such powerful female characters when others didn’t, I had hopEd he was a good one.
please don’t fuck up Nathan Fillion for me..😭😭
I do think Antony Head is genuine in he’s response although I don’t think he was oblivious too JW behaviour either, however like you said at the time he had a young family based in the UK and would frequently fly back and forth at any opportunity and it played a big role on why he finally left/reduced he’s role in S6/7 to be back home with he daughters and partner.

GoLibrarianPoo

VIP Member
I'd heard something about his ex wife saying similar I think? Like the TV & film stuff he's done but I hope he gets punished for any abuses he's perpetuated as fully as possible!

I think it's great these women in high visibility careers like actresses are starting to speak out against their abusers and although it's happening slowly the men are being held to account for it, it can only make it more possible to continue to do so and encourage people with no platform to speak up about their abusers too.