Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I’ve never seen anything like this- she’s literally looking at the court photographer, pausing for several second, what a farce
I still think it's a flash from the things being brought up on the screens. It lights JD's face up a lot, and the angle would suggest the photographer was to the side of him and in front of the jury. That doesn't tie up with the flash on AH's face, plus...I'm not sure sure that's allowed. Are they even permitted to use flash photography in court? None of the photographers I've seen in the gallery have used flash.

Reactions: 10
And I'm glad this is over for a week because watching it is bringing back memories I'd done relatively well at suppressing. I always told myself at the time, it wasn't that bad, but in hindsight it was absolutely bleeping horrendous and I'd do time for ANYONE I caught doing that to another human.

I’ve never seen anything like this- she’s literally looking at the court photographer, pausing for several second, what a farce
I heard a click and saw a flash go off, are they told to pose for photos?! Absolutely mind boggling if so...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
The bias between women v men in courts is a massive global problem.
I used to be close friends with a couple, both husband & wife, and towards the end of the marriage she made allegations of DV.
The incident in question was a heated argument between the couple as the husband was trying to leave the house n the wife insisted he stay and finish the argument. She proceeded to attack him with a set of car keys, blocking his path. He shoved her out the way. She ran out onto the street bare foot after him. He escaped into his car, and called me recalling the incident in a panic about what to do.
the wife at the same time called the police allegingDV. Police attended, noted no injuries, saw the wife being aggressive to her husband in their presence and actually wrote [wife appears to be aggressor in domestic dispute]
No further action was taken, couple split up.
Amongst court proceedings wife demanded the 4 bed property for her & their child (wife was unemployed- left her job after child was born with her own will)
Wife also had immediate family living in the same town. She tried to serve him a non occupational order which she removed at the last min knowing husband could potentially default on mortgage payments putting them both in trouble. She also served him an ex parte non molestation order with details from the previous incident with the keys saying it was him beating her.
fastforward several months, new allegations emerged from her side, she refused to let him see the child without supervision, thus the court suggestion visits via a contact centre, (even tho the DV case was a no case to answer from the CPS) to progress onto solo visits.
mother breached court orders more than 5 times. (She failed to turn up to the contact centres, failed to hand child over, would disappear for weeks on end, each time resulting father in having to arrange an emergency court hearing)
Each time the wife got away with no consequences. In order to drag this further, wife asked for cafcass to get involved, and cafcass officer interviewed child who confirmed that mother told him strictly he was not allowed to play with his dad, as his mother has superpowers & can see everything he is doing. Child was clearly terrified of mum. In the final court hearing, a new judge was appointed, finally teared the mother & her solicitor apart for dragging this for 3 years, for inexcusable behaviour & influencing the child, issued joint custody immediately.
2 weeks later mother left the country to her native home promising joint contact.Wife blocks Him, he hasn’t seen his child for 5 years now, uk jurisdiction isn’t covered in their country.
although it’s a different case, it goes to show, that during those 3 years of around 13 court hearings, despite the solid evidence against her, the wife was given benefit of the doubt. Due to the delays, and benefits given to the wife in the face of false accusations, husband ultimately lost his child.
My ex wife had me arrested 3 times, basically for arguing with her. On one occasion the East Sussex policeman, as he was arresting me, said that they always remove the man from the scene if children are involved. On of of these occasions my mother in law attacked me with car keys in her hand. I showed the PC the scratches up my arms but I was still the one taken away in handcuffs.
My ex wife then hooked up with a single, divorced neighbour and decided she was going to move to Spain with him taking our three very young daughters with them. At that point they had no plans to marry. She had to take me to caught as I had a weekly visitation order. Needless to say she won. In summing up the magistrate said that taking them to Spain was no different to taking them to Newcastle!!!
My ex wife is a Narc. At one point in the divorce proceedings she told me she would take me for every penny I had (I didn’t have anything but debt which I inherited from the proceedings) and would make sure I never saw my children again. She was supposed to put the house on the market but refused to allow viewings on the basis that she had to look after her boyfriends dog. Eventually she and her parents bought my share of the house out. We never got the proper market value as it was never properly marketed. I was left with the credit card debt thanks to an in-depth legal team on my side.
From my own experience I can say with a level of certainty that in family matters cases are loaded very strongly in favour of the woman.
I can empathise in this case. Living with a narc was a total nightmare and in the end I gave, verbally, as good as I got as I was fed up with being used as a punchbag (verbal, emotional and occasional physical abuse). On one occasion I head butted a door out of sheer frustration. As our councillor pointed out to her, I was no physical threat to her because I took my frustration and anger out on myself.
When trying to explain our desperate financial situation to her she replied, “don’t worry, your mother will be dead soon and you will have all that money.”
She once told me that she wouldn’t have sex with me anymore until I lost weight (I was around 13st at the time and never had a really fit body).
I have no idea who did what to whom. Clearly it was a very toxic relationship and not good for either of them. What I do know for certain is that living with someone who has a narcissistic personality disorder is a total nightmare and the only was is down or out. It ruined my life and brought out the worst in me. Yes, I have to take my share of responsibility for the part I played in the toxicity because I reacted. I defy anyone not to after weeks, months and years of being treated as if my feelings don’t matter. Victims of narcs are told “no contact” because once the rot sets in there is no way to deal with it other than to leave. By staying in the relationship it will just fester until the wheels all come off. The wheels certainly came off in their relationship!
Sorry for the long post but it is important that men are heard too. I appreciate that most victims of DV are women, but DV isn’t exclusively against women and I can see, in a number of posts here, a natural support for AH just because of her gender. Abuse is abuse no matter who is doing the abusing. Abuse affects everyone within the relationship, no matter who instigates it. Clearly though, someone without empathy isn’t going to have the emotional trauma to deal with in either the short or long term.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
I don't understand Amber Heard's team. At all.
They have not only seemed fairly incompetent across this whole thing, but they seriously haven't advised her that long, overly flowery, overly detailed, date jumping and contradictory testimony isn't a bad idea? Seriously?!
Are they cheap? Do they dislike her?

If Johnny's lawyers are any good, and I didn't see the first half of the trial so don't know, she is going to get DESTROYED on cross examination based on yesterday.

And I have my popcorn ready.

Reactions: 22
My ex wife had me arrested 3 times, basically for arguing with her. On one occasion the East Sussex policeman, as he was arresting me, said that they always remove the man from the scene if children are involved. On of of these occasions my mother in law attacked me with car keys in her hand. I showed the PC the scratches up my arms but I was still the one taken away in handcuffs.
My ex wife then hooked up with a single, divorced neighbour and decided she was going to move to Spain with him taking our three very young daughters with them. At that point they had no plans to marry. She had to take me to caught as I had a weekly visitation order. Needless to say she won. In summing up the magistrate said that taking them to Spain was no different to taking them to Newcastle!!!
My ex wife is a Narc. At one point in the divorce proceedings she told me she would take me for every penny I had (I didn’t have anything but debt which I inherited from the proceedings) and would make sure I never saw my children again. She was supposed to put the house on the market but refused to allow viewings on the basis that she had to look after her boyfriends dog. Eventually she and her parents bought my share of the house out. We never got the proper market value as it was never properly marketed. I was left with the credit card debt thanks to an in-depth legal team on my side.
From my own experience I can say with a level of certainty that in family matters cases are loaded very strongly in favour of the woman.
I can empathise in this case. Living with a narc was a total nightmare and in the end I gave, verbally, as good as I got as I was fed up with being used as a punchbag (verbal, emotional and occasional physical abuse). On one occasion I head butted a door out of sheer frustration. As our councillor pointed out to her, I was no physical threat to her because I took my frustration and anger out on myself.
When trying to explain our desperate financial situation to her she replied, “don’t worry, your mother will be dead soon and you will have all that money.”
She once told me that she wouldn’t have sex with me anymore until I lost weight (I was around 13st at the time and never had a really fit body).
I have no idea who did what to whom. Clearly it was a very toxic relationship and not good for either of them. What I do know for certain is that living with someone who has a narcissistic personality disorder is a total nightmare and the only was is down or out. It ruined my life and brought out the worst in me. Yes, I have to take my share of responsibility for the part I played in the toxicity because I reacted. I defy anyone not to after weeks, months and years of being treated as if my feelings don’t matter. Victims of narcs are told “no contact” because once the rot sets in there is no way to deal with it other than to leave. By staying in the relationship it will just fester until the wheels all come off. The wheels certainly came off in their relationship!
Sorry for the long post but it is important that men are heard too. I appreciate that most victims of DV are women, but DV isn’t exclusively against women and I can see, in a number of posts here, a natural support for AH just because of her gender. Abuse is abuse no matter who is doing the abusing. Abuse affects everyone within the relationship, no matter who instigates it. Clearly though, someone without empathy isn’t going to have the emotional trauma to deal with in either the short or long term.
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences,and I'm sorry that you went through that, it sounds awful, especially with children involved. I cannot see any benefit you n anyone attempting to prevent an ex partner seeing their children unless it's either a safety concern, or out if spite, obviously yours falls into the latter. I hope you got things sorted and didn't lose that relationship with your children. Men absolutely need to be heard, and the bias towards females by police ect needs to change, which I imagine will still be going on to this day.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Ive always liked Depp, so my natural sympathies do go more towards him than her!

I think it sounds like a horrendous relationship, between 2 individuals that brought out the worst in each other, and that caused both of them to have a nightmarish few years. Im sure neither of them is innocent of everything, but, surely if Depp had this abusive violent nature towards others, it would have been apparent years before? Its AH that seems to have a history of court cases and previous violent and difficult relationships, which tends to make me think she somehow instigates some of this?

I dont think Depp would have brought out yet another expensive and exposing court case against AH, unless he felt he was the injured party!

To some extent he doesnt necessarily need to win this case outright, he needs to create enough doubt and support for him, to be able to resume his film career!

At the moment his name is mud, and he is a labelled wife abuser, if he can create a bit of balance in this, and gain a bit of public support, then the film studios might be prepared to use him again? He has often done edgy roles of difficult and complicated characters, like Jack Sparrow, or things like Edward Scissorhands, all he needs is a bit of public support to open up his career again!

Reactions: 26
They have not only seemed fairly incompetent across this whole thing, but they seriously haven't advised her that long, overly flowerly, overly detailed, date jumping and contradictory testimony isn't a bad idea? Seriously?!

If Johnny's lawyers are any good, and I didn't see the first half of the trial so don't know, she is going to get DESTROYED on cross examination based on yesterday.

Amber seems fairly strong willed, and I'm sure if she wants to do something her way, she'll do it, regardless. I'd imagine they'll have coached her in how to give evidence clearly and concisely, however her being an actor may feel she knows better than them how to get her story across and they should have known by her past testimonies she tends to jump around on the timeline and made plans to account for that if, and when, it happened (and it happened a lot yesterday).

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m glad that as a result of this awful circus of AH V JD, important conversations like yours are taking place, men are finding the voice to speak up instead of hiding behind stigma and shame.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Looking at the James Corden clips from the day after the attack happened and yes she had the red lipstick but to say she had broken ribs and a broken nose.. hmm! She must be an amazing actress to be sat thier hiding it!

Reactions: 15
Amber seems fairly strong willed, and I'm sure if she wants to do something her way, she'll do it, regardless. I'd imagine they'll have coached her in how to give evidence clearly and concisely, however her being an actor may feel she knows better than them how to get her story across and they should have known by her past testimonies she tends to jump around on the timeline and made plans to account for that if, and when, it happened (and it happened a lot yesterday).
Totally agree about the jumping around. I also just feel she says too much and she's got a lot to remember now for the cross examination as a result.

They have a heap of ammunition.

Reactions: 11
They have not only seemed fairly incompetent across this whole thing, but they seriously haven't advised her that long, overly flowery, overly detailed, date jumping and contradictory testimony isn't a bad idea? Seriously?!

There are a lot of interesting comments online regarding her team and many echo what I was thinking/saying when watching Amber’s testimony the past few days.

The lady who was questioning Amber yesterday during her testimony was leading a lot - and Johnny’s team objected quite a few times to the leading aspect, and rightly so. It was either a leading question or leading the witness.

Reactions: 10
There are a lot of interesting comments online regarding her team and many echo what I was thinking/saying when watching Amber’s testimony the past few days.

The lady who was questioning Amber yesterday during her testimony was leading a lot - and Johnny’s team objected quite a few times to the leading aspect, and rightly so.
Yes, she was leading so much that she basically put words in her mouth at some points.

Think it is interesting that Depp's team aren't objecting as much to this anymore (although, they'd have to be objecting every four seconds at the rate she is asking leading questions). I think they are giving her enough rope to hang herself.

Reactions: 19
Yes, she was leading so much that she basically put words in her mouth at some points.

Think it is interesting that Depp's team aren't objecting as much to this anymore (although, they'd have to be objecting every four seconds at the rate she is asking leading questions). I think they are giving her enough rope to hang herself.
To me it felt like Amber was forgetting her lines and they were spoon feeding her the next part. It did not feel natural. It will be interesting how it will unfold especially with inconsistencies and the lack of certain things.

Reactions: 12
@Charm
She clearly seduces the leading men in her movies. Most significant others would catch on, and be mad about it. He may have been an asshole, but she's describing him as possessed.
How can she lie about James Franco when we saw the video? It was a different day, but clearly the same man.
All of Johnny's audio recordings were of her begging, and pleading, for him to not walk away from an argument. Undeniable. Yet in her testimony she's a quiet church mouse blinded by love.
BIB - not to mention mocking him, calling him a coward & a baby for not staying to finish the fight/s she started. Getting pedantic about not punching him but admitting she was hitting him instead like that was somehow better. Him locking himself in a bathroom to get away from her, telling her he was walking away so the fight didn't escalate. Not the words/reactions of a serial abuser (imo) but someone abused & trying to placate & keep the peace & get the hell away knowing what would happen if he didn't. There's evidence he wanted to get clean, went for detox while she kept drinking around him & taking drugs while berating him for his addictions. I'm assuming he is clean now & has been for a few years?

Even ignoring her 'testimony' which comes across as so fake, the things that stand out to me -

1) his story has never deviated & he allowed all his devices to be examined despite them being incriminating & showing what a bleeping toxic duck up & verbally abusive prick he can be when off his head. Again, (imo) not the actions of a serial abuser who would attempt to keep any incriminating tit hidden.
2) She on the other hand didn't allow all her devices to be examined & her story keeps changing.

I'm not defending his actions & I sure as hell don't doubt he was a toxic nightmare to live with. There's audio/video evidence of him screaming/shouting, being incoherent, smashing stuff up, etc but ... I haven't seen any evidence from her that matches the allegations of bodily harm she said he committed on a regular basis. The bottle incident alone would have resulted in multiple visible cuts & abrasions not to mention a potentially serious internal injury. Not the kind of injuries easily hidden plus she wouldn't have been able to walk normally.

I think he was actually quite vulnerable because of his addictions & I think she used that against him. He was clearly only thinking with his dick & ego when he got with her. I think this trial for him isn't about $$$ - it's about trying to clear his name, get his story out there, be heard (sorry!) but my opinion is just that, an opinion, I just know who I tend to believe more & it ain't Amber.

Reactions: 53
BIB - not to mention mocking him, calling him a coward & a baby for not staying to finish the fight/s she started. Getting pedantic about not punching him but admitting she was hitting him instead like that was somehow better. Him locking himself in a bathroom to get away from her, telling her he was walking away so the fight didn't escalate. Not the words/reactions of a serial abuser (imo) but someone abused & trying to placate & keep the peace & get the hell away knowing what would happen if he didn't. There's evidence he wanted to get clean, went for detox while she kept drinking around him & taking drugs while berating him for his addictions. I'm assuming he is clean now & has been for a few years?

Even ignoring her 'testimony' which comes across as so fake, the things that stand out to me -

1) his story has never deviated & he allowed all his devices to be examined despite them being incriminating & showing what a bleeping toxic duck up & verbally abusive prick he can be when off his head. Again, (imo) not the actions of a serial abuser who would attempt to keep any incriminating tit hidden.
2) She on the other hand didn't allow all her devices to be examined & her story keeps changing.

I'm not defending his actions & I sure as hell don't doubt he was a toxic nightmare to live with. There's audio/video evidence of him screaming/shouting, being incoherent, smashing stuff up, etc but ... I haven't seen any evidence from her that matches the allegations of bodily harm she said he committed on a regular basis. The bottle incident alone would have resulted in multiple visible cuts & abrasions not to mention a potentially serious internal injury. Not the kind of injuries easily hidden plus she wouldn't have been able to walk normally.

I think he was actually quite vulnerable because of his addictions & I think she used that against him. He was clearly only thinking with his dick & ego when he got with her. I think this trial for him isn't about $$$ - it's about trying to clear his name, get his story out there, be heard (sorry!) but my opinion is just that, an opinion, I just know who I tend to believe more & it ain't Amber.

The lack of medical records and the pictures she shared in her attempt to prove the extremely brutal and violent physical abuse she was describing on the stand utterly astonish me.

Again, i can only assume her lawyers are drunk or they assume the jury are drunk.

I don't know who is their right mind would think those photos prove what she described. Insane.

(and I also thought it was interesting that she was biting her lip on the stand in the exact place her 'split lip' was in the photos)

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
The sleeping piks of Johnny she is using just look like a casual Tuesday afternoon after a bank holiday to me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

I really don’t get it either. Surely all they needed to do to defend the lawsuit was to convince the jury that JD did some abusive things during the relationship. She doesn’t need to be whiter than white and devoid of any wrong-doing, she doesn’t need todo this over-the-top performance in the stand with wide-eyed recollections of how lovely it all was at times and then insane descriptions of the violence, some of which are hard to picture without any supporting evidence or witnesses willing to come forward. If they’d all dialled it down, it would have been pretty believable IMO and they’ve have a stronger shot of defending their case and that article. As it stands, things seem so OTT that people are finding it a stretch, which makes it more likely that people will believe it’s all untrue vs just exaggerated or embellished. Seems like a really bad miscalculation far - generating media headlines can’t be the right priority vs being successfully sued for $50M, bankruptcy and never working again?!

Reactions: 8
I have said on the previous thread they are both terrible, but after watching yesterday's performance what she says just doesn't make sense, which in my mind normally means it's a lie. Was he verbally abusive, hell yes! was he physically abusive I am yet to see the evidence.

All the photos of the property in australia that were taken contradicted her story. She says the place was trashed with glass and blood everywhere. Then claims it must have been cleared up for the photos. Why would someone only clean up some of it and not all of it? Although I would be very very pissed off if I was the owner of that house!

She exaggerates and goes on and on.

Also Depp is as slow as a bleeping tortoise normally and she made him out to be Bolt with his running everywhere.

Reactions: 18
Totally agree about the jumping around. I also just feel she says too much and she's got a lot to remember now for the cross examination as a result.

They have a heap of ammunition.
BIB - I hope they use it well. :cool:

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.