Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread #5 was exhausting. Thankfully, we have a week's break to recover and get ourselves ready for AH's cross-examination.

Still plenty to discuss in the meantime, though!

Screenshot_20220506-085404_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I was kind of hoping she would be able to convince me with some hard proof. Because the alternative that she's making it all up, is just extremely disturbing and sad for everyone. I don't want this trial to paint women as these overexaggerating hormonal beings with no credibility.

I do believe living with Depp must be hard. I would probably have left years ago with the constant drug use.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I’m having a lie down all next week to recover from this last week !! With a mega pint of course! !

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I was kind of hoping she would be able to convince me with some hard proof. Because the alternative that she's making it all up, is just extremely disturbing and sad for everyone. I don't want this trial to paint women as these overexaggerating hormonal beings with no credibility.

I do believe living with Depp must be hard. I would probably have left years ago with the constant drug use.
AH isn’t all women. JD isn’t all men.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Everything single thing I'm reading today through Youtube videos, comments, Twitter posts, and general comments are all saying one thing - SHE IS LYING about this. It is amazing how everyone is united in not believing her lies and how it makes a mockery of DV victims.

• Sad
Reactions: 42
This was clearly a very toxic abusive relationship on both sides.
The difficulty I have is that JD has been very candid about his drinking, drug use, arguments and fights. No one has ever come out and said he is anything less than a gentleman.
AH is a very unlikeable character, her delivery of her testimony comes across as insincere and the trying to cry is just false.
She claimed yesterday that he had beaten her to within an inch of her life and she never filed a police report or attended an er. I just dont believe the cavity search or the wine bottle story. Her new pr guy speaking to the court photographer flowed by her full on pausing so he could get his shot says it all.

But all that being said, if she is truly a victim of DV, all she has done here is a massive disservice to DV victims everywhere. There are no winners here, but the fact that absolutely no one has come out in defense of AH and her character speaks volumes to me.

Reactions: 88
AH isn’t all women. JD isn’t all men.
Of course not! But the outcome of this trial will undoubtedly create some sort of generalization in the public. Something in the vein of "you see, women do lie about this sort of stuff" seems plausible.

Reactions: 41
I sincerely hope that AH gets found out by the jury to be the lying sod that she is. My man was in a dv relationship with his ex and he was the one who had the black eyes and the broken bones. He was ridiculed by her family and friends. He still bears the psychological scars of that relationship even all these years later

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I tried to put the level of acting to one side because she is an actor after all. So I listened to the words she said and what struck me was the level of violence she was describing and the frequency. She would of been pulp in Australia. Yet sought no medical treatment other than pill to calm down. Now I think most people have probably had sex when they've not be quite 'ready' and know the pain and the pain the day after. Same as a broken nose everyone knows what your face looks like. Dragging through and walking on broken glass from bottles, that would shred your feet. Yet the evidence is pics of Depp passed out and Amber looking tired.
And the defence that everybody was paid off by him. Which is rediculous, these people are professionals with careers and most of all human. No amount of money would get me to cover up abuse. Someone like Ben King for example doesn't strike me as someone who would be paided off.
Does anyone know who she has as her witnesses?

Reactions: 45
Of course not! But the outcome of this trial will undoubtedly create some sort of generalization in the public. Something in the vein of "you see, women do lie about this sort of stuff" seems plausible.
I understand where you’re coming from. Unfortunately, in fact, some women do lie about this stuff and they need to be called out.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
The bias between women v men in courts is a massive global problem.
I used to be close friends with a couple, both husband & wife, and towards the end of the marriage she made allegations of DV.
The incident in question was a heated argument between the couple as the husband was trying to leave the house n the wife insisted he stay and finish the argument. She proceeded to attack him with a set of car keys, blocking his path. He shoved her out the way. She ran out onto the street bare foot after him. He escaped into his car, and called me recalling the incident in a panic about what to do.
the wife at the same time called the police allegingDV. Police attended, noted no injuries, saw the wife being aggressive to her husband in their presence and actually wrote [wife appears to be aggressor in domestic dispute]
No further action was taken, couple split up.
Amongst court proceedings wife demanded the 4 bed property for her & their child (wife was unemployed- left her job after child was born with her own will)
Wife also had immediate family living in the same town. She tried to serve him a non occupational order which she removed at the last min knowing husband could potentially default on mortgage payments putting them both in trouble. She also served him an ex parte non molestation order with details from the previous incident with the keys saying it was him beating her.
fastforward several months, new allegations emerged from her side, she refused to let him see the child without supervision, thus the court suggestion visits via a contact centre, (even tho the DV case was a no case to answer from the CPS) to progress onto solo visits.
mother breached court orders more than 5 times. (She failed to turn up to the contact centres, failed to hand child over, would disappear for weeks on end, each time resulting father in having to arrange an emergency court hearing)
Each time the wife got away with no consequences. In order to drag this further, wife asked for cafcass to get involved, and cafcass officer interviewed child who confirmed that mother told him strictly he was not allowed to play with his dad, as his mother has superpowers & can see everything he is doing. Child was clearly terrified of mum. In the final court hearing, a new judge was appointed, finally teared the mother & her solicitor apart for dragging this for 3 years, for inexcusable behaviour & influencing the child, issued joint custody immediately.
2 weeks later mother left the country to her native home promising joint contact.Wife blocks Him, he hasn’t seen his child for 5 years now, uk jurisdiction isn’t covered in their country.
although it’s a different case, it goes to show, that during those 3 years of around 13 court hearings, despite the solid evidence against her, the wife was given benefit of the doubt. Due to the delays, and benefits given to the wife in the face of false accusations, husband ultimately lost his child.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
I used to be close friends with a couple, both husband & wife, and towards the end of the marriage she made allegations of DV.
The incident in question was a heated argument between the couple as the husband was trying to leave the house n the wife insisted he stay and finish the argument. She proceeded to attack him with a set of car keys, blocking his path. He shoved her out the way. She ran out onto the street bare foot after him. He escaped into his car, and called me recalling the incident in a panic about what to do.
the wife at the same time called the police allegingDV. Police attended, noted no injuries, saw the wife being aggressive to her husband in their presence and actually wrote [wife appears to be aggressor in domestic dispute]
I would bet my bottom dollar that this is very common. Men/one partner trying to leave getting a slap etc when woman/other partner doesn't want to let them do so and then shoving them out of the way. The women/partner think they are being abandoned and try to stop it. The men/partner are trying to get out so they can control emotion. I am trying not to be sexist.

Reactions: 18
No further action was taken, couple split up.
Amongst court proceedings wife demanded the 4 bed property for her & their child (wife was unemployed- left her job after child was born with her own will)
Wife also had immediate family living in the same town. She tried to serve him a non occupational order which she removed at the last min knowing husband could potentially default on mortgage payments putting them both in trouble. She also served him an ex parte non molestation order with details from the previous incident with the keys saying it was him beating her.
fastforward several months, new allegations emerged from her side, she refused to let him see the child without supervision, thus the court suggestion visits via a contact centre, (even tho the DV case was a no case to answer from the CPS) to progress onto solo visits.
mother breached court orders more than 5 times. (She failed to turn up to the contact centres, failed to hand child over, would disappear for weeks on end, each time resulting father in having to arrange an emergency court hearing)
Each time the wife got away with no consequences. In order to drag this further, wife asked for cafcass to get involved, and cafcass officer interviewed child who confirmed that mother told him strictly he was not allowed to play with his dad, as his mother has superpowers & can see everything he is doing. Child was clearly terrified of mum. In the final court hearing, a new judge was appointed, finally teared the mother & her solicitor apart for dragging this for 3 years, for inexcusable behaviour & influencing the child, issued joint custody immediately.
2 weeks later mother left the country to her native home promising joint contact.Wife blocks Him, he hasn’t seen his child for 5 years now, uk jurisdiction isn’t covered in their country.
although it’s a different case, it goes to show, that during those 3 years of around 13 court hearings, despite the solid evidence against her, the wife was given benefit of the doubt. Due to the delays, and benefits given to the wife in the face of false accusations, husband ultimately lost his child.
It makes me so angry and saddened to read stories like this. Sorry your friend went through this ❤‍🩹 Hopefully one day the little boy will reach out to him - I’m sure he knows just as well as his father how horrible his mother is x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It makes me so angry and saddened to read stories like this. Sorry your friend went through this ❤‍🩹 Hopefully one day the little boy will reach out to him - I’m sure he knows just as well as his father how horrible his mother is x
the husband has kept all the notes, witness statements, reports from cafcass (which detail what the child said about mum) all the threatening emails from the wife, all the text messages, in a file. When the child is old enough, sure enough their paths will cross again, father has more than enough evidence to make it clear what a toxic & helpless situation he was in.
the fathers attorney said that it’s very very difficult to prove male innocence when a woman alleges DV. even though the court literally dismissed her allegations, the drama that followed, damaged his reputation forever.

edit: not to derail from the thread- I was present in most of the court hearings of my friends case, and watching AH’s animated and exaggerated testimony is giving me flashbacks of my ex friends testimony in court. It’s literally exactly the same.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I believe the drinking, drug use, leaving in the night. and most definitely the paranoia and anger. I just don't think he laid a hand on her. As a victim, I found her testimony to be very difficult to listen to. Everyones experience is extremely different and just because hers is different to mine, doesn't mean it isn't true. My most recent experience involving r*pe was 5 years ago. I don't remember a whole lot about it. Therapy has helped me remember parts I unconsciously blocked out. When I talk about it in detail, I fidget, I struggle to look up from my lap, tears fall silently and my voice catches in my throat. She has had a lot of practise talking this out and shes doing this in front of the world so maybe she has become better at it.
As a victim, I'm conscious of victim blaming which makes it difficult to come out and say shes lying. I think alot of what she has said, did happen and she genuinely does believe that it all happened.
Its fascinating to watch but regardless of the outcome, they are both ruined, career wise.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
This is interesting

'Pathological lying is a symptom of various personality disorders, including antisocial, narcissistic, and histrionic personality disorders. Other conditions, such as borderline personality disorder, may also lead to frequent lies...'

Reactions: 11

I’ve never seen anything like this- she’s literally looking at the court photographer, pausing for several second, what a farce

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
I don't know how to put posts behind a spoiler but in hindsight thought it best to add a *TRIGGER WARNING* as my post relates to physical abuse.

One of the worst incidents of violence my ex (from when I was aged 14-20) committed against me contained what I'd say was a level of physical violence in the regions to the episode Amber Heard alledges in Australia. I was in my best friends car, we were going to another friends 18th birthday party (we were also 18), she had just picked me up, I had on a lovely new outfit of black palazzo type trousers, and a brown cropped top which had long ties around the waist (this was the late 90's).

We were going to drop her car off at her house to get a taxi to the venue, as we were driving we spotted my ex walking along the road with her boyfriend (they were best friends, and sadly he was as violent to her, he ended up in prison for murder a couple of years later, of a man, not her) they also were with a younger girl who was a known drug addict and who had a bit of a bad reputation.

At the time I had dumped my ex (for the 50th time) due to his vile behaviour, and a different episode of abuse. I didn't want to see or speak to him but as it had been several weeks, and he was obviously with the other girl, I assumed he would walk on whilst my friend spoke to her then boyfriend. Unfortunately that did not happen. My friend parked her car and got out to speak to her boyfriend, it was right outside where he lived. My ex came round to my side of the car and signalled for me to put the window down, which I had just put up, it was the middle of summer. I kept refusing but eventually relented and rolled it down slightly and he forced it down further. He then grabbed my top through the open window and started to punch me, and the only thing I could do was try to push him off and hit him back to stop him. He grabbed a nearby brick, smashed the window and began punching hell out of my chest, ripped my top right off so I was naked from the waist up. Kept on punching, and I just remember doing my best to pull his hair or scratch his face to stop him as it was all I could do. He then grabbed my hair and head, trying to hit it off the dash but I still had my seatbelt on, so didn't quite reach I lost a lot of hair in the process. My friend quickly got back in the car and drove away, back to my house where my mum nearly passed out in shock when we walked in, having left all happy and done up just ten minutes earlier. The whole thing must have lasted all of two minutes, if that. And my breasts were black the next day, my whole chest was covered in some of the worst brushing I'd ever seen. I had whiplash from the repeated pushing of my head. I called the police, of course, and they arrested him but he wasnt charged with it as I had no witnesses. My friend didn't want to give a statement for fear of her own boyfriend as she was regularly beaten by him, and of course, it was his best friend. I understood. Afterwards I couldn't lift my arms for a while, or wear a bra. My mum has to wash me, and wash the glass out of my hair. I won't tell you what the male members of my family done but he did not get away with it...

My injuries were substantial, and Amber allegedly went through way more than that, so I don't understand why she didn't require medical treatment. Why she didn't photograph the injuries, as she had others. She would have been very bruised and cut, I would imagine. Not to mention the vaginal injuries, (which as I've said on another occasion I also experienced). She would have been in incredible pain, found it difficult to move, let along spend hours on a flight. But that's just my opinion, everyone is different...

Also thank you to the people in the previous thread who replied to my posts there regarding SA, I can't go back and reply as the thread has closed but saw your replied and appreciate them <3

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.