Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would you agree though that it would be Amber Heard who will have caused these difficulties?
so for the sake of clarity what I originally said was

“but if Johnny wins, it’ll be one man winning justice for himself but it’ll be feeding into sexist dialogue for years. Countless women will lose out because of it. The public dialogue round the trial itself has been awful. It has sent terrible messages to victims of DV, women in general and to sexist men.”

do I think all of the above rests solely on Amber’s shoulders? No. Does she have some part to play in it? Of course.

Reactions: 6
[QUOTE="cee-bee, post: 9996280, member: 306520"]

if Amber wins then it’s unfair on Johnny and will be an injustice, seeing a narcissistic abuser get away with it and seeing a likeable actor be further dragged through the mud and career probably destroyed beyond repair.

but if Johnny wins, it’ll be one man winning justice for himself but it’ll be feeding into sexist dialogue for years. Countless women will lose out because of it. The public dialogue round the trial itself has been awful. It has sent terrible messages to victims of DV, women in general and to
sexist men.
I agree with you in some respects, but it has primarily been women that I've seen leaving the sexist comments (I don't follow any incels though so maybe they have also been doing it).

I think there's a lot of internalised misogyny in this current wave of feminism, despite arguments to the contrary. Even leaving aside "Believe all Women" (which I find incredibly anti-feminist for reducing the role of woman to victim and man to attacker), there has been stuff shared on these threads from women on Twitter alluding to any woman who calls herself a feminist but believes Johnny Depp as some kind of turncoat or traitor for daring to believe him, even though as you point out, the evidence is in favour of the man here.

What was that tweet someone shared a while back about how the majority of us will be sexually assaulted in our lifetimes? What the duck? That narrative is so damaging. Like violent men are just creeping around every corner waiting to rape us, and our husbands and sons and brothers all have the potential to be abusers just because they were born men. As if it's our destiny. It's vile, and it makes me want to have nothing to do with feminism at all.

The public dialogue around the trial has indeed been awful and very misogynistic at times but I see 99% of that coming from other women - not men.
[/QUOTE]

women can still come out with misogynistic statements, sometimes worse than men. That’s no relevance.

I didn’t see the post quoting the sexual assault stats but that isn’t made up. It comes from ONS data I believe, which the Guardian reported on. It’s not made up or plucked out of thin air - it’s a fairly accurate representation. If it’s scary then it’s because it’s reality.

and the vast majority of rapes aren’t men jumping out of bushes, it’s usually where two people disagree over whether consent was given or not.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Eh? I’ve been sexually assaulted loads of times. Bum grabbing at nightclubs, in the street, I have been flashed at and wanked at. Sexual assault isn’t just bad men hiding in bushes. It actually is your brother or your dad or your best friend.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
JD is not responsible for how this impacts how women are treated with regards to accusations of DV and SV. He has every right to defend himself. That is all on her.
If she can lie so blatantly about what happened in Aus, you cannot believe a word out of her. That is not JDs fault nor the fault of the women who will now find it harder to be believed, but that's on AH and nobody else. I enjoy the memes and jokes because that's my sense of humour, I won't apologise for it, I'm not laughing at victims of DV and SV, I'm laughing at how ridiculous this all is.
I agree.
And if Amber's lies weren't so bonkers, and laughable, the memes would be about Johnny.

Reactions: 15
Eh? I’ve been sexually assaulted loads of times. Bum grabbing at nightclubs, in the street, I have been flashed at and wanked at. Sexual assault isn’t just bad men hiding in bushes. It actually is your brother or your dad or your best friend.
yep, sadly this is an all too common experience. I don’t understand why people find the high figures shocking. I’m just relieved we haven’t seen any of the “wolf whistling is flattering” brigade here.

sexual assault in a nutshell is any unwanted touching
Harassment is unwanted verbal attention
(Both of a sexual nature)
The legal definition of rape is very specific, and the most common occurances are issues over consent. A man jumping out of a bush and attacking someone is (thankfully) relatively rare.

Reactions: 6
Ok Sister Ray.... (you should hear my version of Louis Louis)....

ThatUmbrellaGuy is a utuber who came to 'internet fame' during #comicsgate.

For now, it's irrelevant what #comicsgate is or was.... but suffice to say that the "you only support Johnny Depp because he creams your knickers" brigade know that it is a bad thing.... a very bad thing.... a very, very bad thing.... in fact.... the Guardian says it is a very, very, very bad thing..... and if the Guardian says it: then #comicsgate must be a bad thing..... so #comicsgate must be a very, very, very, very bad thing because the Gaudrain is so well written.

Anywho....

If you believe TUG's story (and it doesn't matter if you do) another comicsgater Yellowflash got ThatUmbrellaGuy interested in the Johnny Depp case about a year ago.

But regardless....

Adam Waldman... (the person who gave Amber Heard PTSD.... before she remembered, thanks to Dr Hughes, that it was Johnny who gave her PTSD.... and not her father who was convicted for running a dog fighting ring, so brutal that it fought the dogs until death).... has been using ThatUmbrellaGuy as an internet journalist (along with ThatBrianGuy and RealLauraB) to leak documents, spin for Depp, and generally question Amber Heard's bullshit story.... a story that exploded way before Adam Waldman ever reached out to ThatUmbrellaGuy.... when tapes began to leak @2019 and portions of the #metoo/#pussyhat crowd began to bail on her as toxic.... Amanda De Cadenet being the most vocal (incidentally her brother Buster (yeah him) now makes a 'living' X raying celebrity' brains and selling them as art - which is one rung up from the bloke in the helicopter offering to sell you a picture of your house)

Anywho....

What makes it so hilarious is....

In a $100m law suit.... why the duck would you care what some random mental health professional in Tennessee is saying about you on the internet?

And why would you (?), an internationally renowned actrress (?) and model (?), be (allegedly) involved in doxxing him, threatening his children (two girls), SWATting him (on numerous occasions), trying to get him cancelled... to such an extent that your own lawyer constantly brings his internet name up in court... and even cite his internet name in your closing argument of a $100m court case....

Are the jury that bothered by #comicsgate?

Are they that bothered that Ironman has been replaced by Riri Williams?

But regardless....

It is high time that Rachel Riley and those in the Labour party behind #reclaimtheinternet stepped in to stop this kind of bullying which led to death of Alec Holowka.....
comics you say......... i need to brew a cuppa, i know a man with a publishing company for them, his son acted with JD not in titanic though, let me clean me glasses!

morning, morning, morning......

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yep that's him. The guy who helped Elton John and Robin Williams and Kate moss to name a few. He had his own allegation nightmare in 2006. Interestingly he was an alcoholic for some time too.
Did anyone see that Tim Burton was at closing speeches too?View attachment 1302313
Thats Tim Burton? I thought it was nic cages other brother 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yep that's him. The guy who helped Elton John and Robin Williams and Kate moss to name a few. He had his own allegation nightmare in 2006. Interestingly he was an alcoholic for some time too.
Did anyone see that Tim Burton was at closing speeches too?View attachment 1302313
I didn't see Tim Burton, I don't see any mention of him being there in the press

Reactions: 5
I’ve seen lots of Amber supporters on insta (I’m referring to one Evan Rachel Wood)
I bumped over her and this whole Manson thing, am I right in thinking she was married to lovely lovely ballet boy? Do we have a Manson thread on Tattle yet, if not, we should. Ahhhh we do, not been in yet but we have somewhere to 👀 I'm right confused about all that, I'll be needing to deep dive in at some point

Reactions: 2
I bumped over her and this whole Manson thing, am I right in thinking she was married to lovely lovely ballet boy? Do we have a Manson thread on Tattle yet, if not, we should. Ahhhh we do, not been in yet but we have somewhere to 👀 I'm right confused about all that, I'll be needing to deep dive in at some point

THAT is going to be a shitshow. I watched a couple of Colonel Kurtz' videos on YouTube and they're.....interesting (or intense might be a better word). There are a whole group of people who really think he has been wrongly accused. He'll never have the type of public support Depp has though, so it'll be interesting to see how he is treated. I don't know the ins and outs of what happened so will also need to Deep Dive

Reactions: 9
I think there's two different issues in this case and they are being viewed in one lump.
A women as a dv perpetrator and a woman claiming allegations of dv.
I also try to flip the narrative. A man walks out of court with a bruise and tells reporters his wife done this to him. Would that allegation effect her life the same as it would a man?
I truly believe a lot more happens to men than is talked about because they have to 'be a man'. My partner has spoken to me about times he has been touched inappropriately but society tells him he should laugh it off because it's 'only' a women. We do not live in an equal society.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
yep, sadly this is an all too common experience. I don’t understand why people find the high figures shocking. I’m just relieved we haven’t seen any of the “wolf whistling is flattering” brigade here.

wolf whistling is only flattering when I do it to the student lads coming out the gym they luv a gilf 😂

Sorry I do jest and as you know I am in agreement with you regarding the use of misogynistic language etc etc but I do a have q for you cee-bee whilst I try and make head and tail of wibbles comicgate post, wibs get very excited in the middle of the night and likes to make me dizzy when I wake up and I woke up so late today after watching the headlines come in...... thing is.... I know a lot of doodlers and poets of sorts who find themselves working in such an arena and wibs is saying something about the guardian being pissed off so I'm just gonna read this wiki about comicgate, message pappa dc and see what I cant fill it all in with, ta if you are able to assist 🤷‍♀️🧐🤓

im-afraid-ive-cought-poetry-i-used-to-suffer-from-short-stories-really-when-unce-upon-a-time-m...jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think there's two different issues in this case and they are being viewed in one lump.
A women as a dv perpetrator and a woman claiming allegations of dv.
I also try to flip the narrative. A man walks out of court with a bruise and tells reporters his wife done this to him. Would that allegation effect her life the same as it would a man?
I truly believe a lot more happens to men than is talked about because they have to 'be a man'. My partner has spoken to me about times he has been touched inappropriately but society tells him he should laugh it off because it's 'only' a women. We do not live in an equal society.
I think this is the kind of point people are trying to show. That men and women are not treated the same way, and it need to change.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.