Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

titan22

VIP Member
Ok own up, who voted for Amber 😂
the one person who’s arguing all day that we are creaming our knickers for Johnny but we’re really just applauding a man who has had to go to these lengths to clear his name and name his own abuser and he came with receipts

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

livingforthetea

Okay this might not make sense but I’ll try and explain my thinking anyway. In the audio clips between Amber and Johnny, Johnny openly talks about Amber’s physical abuse towards him. Saying she’s punched him, how she gets “physical” towards him. He alluded to her violence towards him many times and not once did Amber retaliate by pointing out the supposed beatings he’s given her. If my partner beat me within an inch of my life, sexually assaulted me with a bottle, pulled my hair out, broke my nose and they were calling me out for being physically abusive towards them, my instinct would be to say ‘WHAT ABOUT ALL THE SHIT YOU’VE DONE TO ME” “YOU BROKE MY FUCKING NOSE” - she’s hardly a shy retiring wallflower who isn’t afraid to antagonise him. Never once in those audio clips does she mention any of these elaborate stories she’s been spouting for the past 6 weeks.

My Mum was a victim of mental and emotional abuse and she spent her whole marriage desperately silent in an effort to keep her Husbands vile temper at bay (it didn’t work.) I know not every one is the same but I think there’s a reoccurring theme with survivors of abuse and that is when you are truly afraid, you do everything you can to appease your abuser. (I am not speaking for every survivor of abuse here and I know it is not linear, just speaking from my experience)

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
I remember in one of the recordings where Amber keeps going on and on and on, he says I have never hit you, I shoved you once away when you attacked me (something like that) and in Australia, I threw back the can you threw at me. It was something like that.
If you put it in the context, it looks like he tried to get away from her at all times. Need to find the recording again for exact wording. (I remember thinking that's really it, if he'd attacked her or hit her, she would have responded that he is lying).
lemme help with that 🤭 🔨

kokr1ovt9g291-1.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

50sGirl

VIP Member
Serious question to all the Johnny Depp fans (which is basically all this thread is at this point)...
I'm not an Amber fan by any means (even started off probably more Team Johnny) but I have enjoyed following this trail..

How do you seriously think Johnny will win this? And get $50m. Have you read the jury instructions with a clear (unbiased) mind? There's just no way. I don't think Amber will "win" either tbf... but interested to hear how you think Johnny can win this
Firstly I am not a Johnny fan and I’m fed up that anyone who believes him over Amber is considered “a fan”. I watched this trial with an open mind.
Due to everyone on the jury having to agree to every point then I think it will be very hard for Johnny to win the case for defamation. I don’t think Amber will win either.

I don’t feel, for Johnny, it was ever about the money - he just wanted his side heard and he has achieved that.

Do I think he was a victim of domestic abuse? Yes I do.
Do I think Amber was? No I don’t.

I think it was an extremely toxic relationship though. Johnny has never made out he was a saint and he has said some vile things about women but he has admitted he wrote those texts (all except the Molly text).
On the other hand Amber has made out that she was the perfect wife and never did a single thing wrong. Shame we never saw her texts.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Influncer Snarker

VIP Member
I met my sister for drinks last night and this trial came up. I said "have you been following the trial?" And my sister, who detests this word so much that she will hit (38 year old) me a slap if i say it in her presence, said "oh my god she's such a cunt"

I was SO proud!

• Haha
Reactions: 44

annanuttall

VIP Member
I think the problem with Elaine, so I read on here or elsewhere online is that she doesn't do many court cases/trials. She normally does the defamation (think that the right word, it is the interview you have before witnessing or talking in court) and I think that is where she really shines.
I also feel the lawyers all realise that AH had been lying to them and didn't have the mountain of evidence on their side - plus they all grew to hate her.

Oh, I just read that Tim Burton wants JD to play Gomez in the new Addam family series, but it all depended on the trial of course. But fuck yes, that would be perfection if that happen.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Just wanted to point out that the poster who is relentlessly accusing us of creaming our knickers for Johnny must be quite freaky 😉 I find that term grotesque and I’m unsure if I’ve ever creamed my knickers🤭 or if there’d be any evidence of such creaming 🤐 😂 wondering if I can sue?
The talk of creaming in your knickers makes me feel a little bit queasy if I’m honest. I don’t tend to walk around orgasming willy nilly. I wish looking at JD was all it took tbh, it can be a bit of a mission to “get there” 🤣 and quite frankly.. ain’t nobody got time for dat.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

Idontevengohere

Chatty Member
JD is not responsible for how this impacts how women are treated with regards to accusations of DV and SV. He has every right to defend himself. That is all on her.
If she can lie so blatantly about what happened in Aus, you cannot believe a word out of her. That is not JDs fault nor the fault of the women who will now find it harder to be believed, but that's on AH and nobody else. I enjoy the memes and jokes because that's my sense of humour, I won't apologise for it, I'm not laughing at victims of DV and SV, I'm laughing at how ridiculous this all is.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Proof8

Chatty Member
Anyone else in awe of some peoples arguments/debates on here? Thank you guys it's really interesting. I'm not very articulate but when someone expresses opinions so eloquently it really helps me to process my thoughts and ultimately develop my opinion. So thank you.
And I hope my contribution of calling Heard a cunty twat helped people. ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Dolly Bantry

I've been brooding on this for a couple of days, so sorry if it's rambling...

The 'feminist'* narrative that Amber is innocent feels really insulting. I'm a massive supporter of listening to victims/survivors when they come forward, but I've done exactly that here. I've listened to Amber's evidence, I've listened to her on tape admitting to hitting Johnny, I've listened to the female police officer who saw her abuse her ex wife. And I believe Amber's lying. That doesn't make me an idiot, or a misogynist.

I've had abusive family members, male and female, and Amber raises so many red flags for me. I've seen family members lie and manipulate and hurt the people who put faith in them. I've seen the effect it had on their kids into adulthood (including me). If the Amber supporters haven't experienced that, then great - I'm almost jealous of them in a way. But don't tell me I'm wrong because I have a different opinion and different experiences. It completely invalidates the experiences of victims to blindly defend Amber Heard.

* in quotes because I'm a feminist and they don't fucking speak for me...

• Heart

Idontevengohere

Chatty Member
I was out for some megapints last night after working all day and had a bastard megahangover today. But laying in bed, it gave me the chance to catch up on closing and the megaposting that's been happening here.
Fuck me.
I actually skipped ahead on here following the re-emergence of people who think dark humour texts to your friends is somehow worse that knocking off your husband fingertip with a vodka bottle. God help me but I just don't have the patience.

I popped in to the thread here in the early days but it seemed very pro AH and anyone who argued was an internalised misogynist and it was lockdown which was mentally hard enough so I didn't bother get into it. I believe evidence so I believe JD. He's not perfect, like us all and he has no doubt said and done some shitty things, like us all, but the evidence is there to back up his version of events not hers. We don't have to like him or his sense of humour but it is not proof that he abused or raped her.

I have followed this for a while but this is not to be all 'I told you so', I'm just so glad that people are seeing past the lies and putting some support behind him.
Anyway sorry for the ramble, it's just maddening, i honestly think she could stab him with that fucking knife unprovoked in that court room and some the die hards would say it was JDs fault.
Any who I'm off to go die of the fear. Xx thanks for the laughs. Some funny withering cunts here 😘😅

• Heart

Beverly hills housewife

I had a good think about things, I was on the fence admittingly, but I really hope Johnny wins because the evidence is just not there for what he is being accused of. The evidence against her is piled high. It's just so shocking to think someone could exaggerate or lie about this stuff. I do think he was no angel and we can never be 100% sure what went on behind closed doors but my gut tells me he doesn't deserve this. The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour & Amber is the only one with a confirmed history of violent domestic abuse. The accusations do not match the evidence

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Knitwit

VIP Member
Be pro- Depp to your hearts content - but I really hate to see this trial feed into sexist myths about women being liars. I hate to see it feed into the sexist viewpoint that we should automatically be mistrustful of victims when they come forward.
No one is feeding into sexist myths about women being liars or being automatically mistrustful of victims when they come forward. Amber Heard doesn't represent victims as she claimed, she is a liar and an abuser who fabricated evidence.
but if Johnny wins, it’ll be one man winning justice for himself but it’ll be feeding into sexist dialogue for years. Countless women will lose out because of it. The public dialogue round the trial itself has been awful. It has sent terrible messages to victims of DV, women in general and to sexist men
Johnny Depp lost everything. Are you saying he shouldn't have sought justice? Why does Johnny Depp proving that Amber Heard is not the victim she claims set back the #MeToo movement? Any setbacks are her responsibility, not his. Aren't more men who are victims of DV more likely to come forward? The public vilification isn't great and one would hope that it doesn't deter real victims of celebrities from coming forward, but if it does, that is on Amber.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Influncer Snarker

VIP Member
Just popping in to say that some of you guys are so eloquent in your posts! I like the healthy debates. I would much rather read articles from you on mainstream media over what we are currently reading ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Ridandroo

Chatty Member
The weirdest thing is that Johnny is spotted in Sheffield of all places two days after the world watching him in Virginia so there is a disconnect but exactly, why would you lie? Depp has a long connection with Jeff Beck and that is the best part, a first-person by-marriage account, I get the disbelief but you are owed mea culpa's here
Haha yes. If I was going to make some shit up about my first (and most likely only) ever encounter with Johnny Depp, it would be a lot more interesting than me gawping at him across the room in Sheffield 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Swerve

Morning tattlers, I’ve had my coffee and trying to catch up on threads 😓 don’t all come at me at once.. because this is a place for meaningful discussion about public figures right? I wanted to offer some food for thought

I’m going to state right off the bat that I think the evidence strongly suggests that JD was more abused than he was abuser, because I feel people get very reactive here if there’s even a hint you’re defending Amber. I’ve said elsewhere how I don’t think he’s come out of this whiter than white and it’s been misinterpreted as my apparently being pro-Amber and misinterpreted as me suggesting he is an abuser. JD’s texts, his relationship with women, his language, his behaviour can be criticised without him being labelled an abuser.

Anyway, one thing that has been said repeatedly here is about how Amber Heard was believed immediately. We all, apparently, immediately believed her without question and look how wrong everyone was. And now Johnny Depp deserves to be vindicated. It’s been one of the things repeatedly said on this thread and elsewhere, how we shouldn’t automatically just believe someone because they are a woman. How women lie,
How unfair it is on men that women are automatically believed. Amber Heard will be used on Reddit incel threads for years to come to justify misogyny and as an excuse to ignore women.

Except that was never the case. There were doubts immediately raised about Amber Heard’s allegations before Johnny Depp ever released anything to the contrary.

Im not sure if I can post a link but there’s a daily Mail article expressing doubts over Amber’s narrative and to its credit - it’s a very thorough article;

“Amber Heard is pictured smiling hours after Depp's 'iPhone attack. Actress claims 'cocaine and booze binges turned Johnny into an abusive monster who left her fearing for her life' - but why was this image deleted before court appearance?”

it’s dated 27th May 2016, so ~ a week after the TRO filing.

there are others but I think this article illustrates my point without listing them.

Be pro- Depp to your hearts content - but I really hate to see this trial feed into sexist myths about women being liars. I hate to see it feed into the sexist viewpoint that we should automatically be mistrustful of victims when they come forward. Women are rarely ever given the benefit of the doubt - and this was equally true for Amber (even if looking back she never deserved it anyway). We’ve seen people argue on these threads against established studies on rape reporting for gods sake. If a thorough and well-recieved Home Office commission on rape reporting isn’t enough to dispel rape myths then how can it be said that women are automatically believed?

Looking at the Daily Mail article it’s clear that as soon as Amber filed that TRO and filed for divorce, she was treated with suspicion. There were serious doubts cast on her narrative.

Johnny Depp did not lose his roles because the public have a tendency to believe women, because that simply isn’t the case. There is no automatic tendency to believe a woman just because she’s a woman.

He lost his roles because Hollywood was sensitive to sexist abuse at that time, and it was a knee jerk response to protect itself. In fact, there were reports that Disney distanced themselves from Depp primarily because of his drinking on set during POTC filming, as opposed to the AH drama (another DM article in 2017). Johnny Depp actually had huge public support at the time - including JK Rowling, who wanted him to be kept in his Fantastic Beasts role. He had other public figures come out speaking in his defence, and has had them continually.

the way I see it is whatever the verdict is a lose-lose

if Amber wins then it’s unfair on Johnny and will be an injustice, seeing a narcissistic abuser get away with it and seeing a likeable actor be further dragged through the mud and career probably destroyed beyond repair.

but if Johnny wins, it’ll be one man winning justice for himself but it’ll be feeding into sexist dialogue for years. Countless women will lose out because of it. The public dialogue round the trial itself has been awful. It has sent terrible messages to victims of DV, women in general and to sexist men.
This is all so disingenuous to me.

This case isn’t about “women” or “men” or “domestic violence”. It’s not a test case. It’s about whether Amber Heard defamed Johnny Depp. If she did, he has every right to bring the case with whatever evidence is necessary. That he’s a man and she’s a woman matters not one whit.

People are making it matter. People are determined to frame it as some kind of social commentary when it’s nothing of the kind. We live in an era of narrative over facts and that’s dangerous. One such narrative is that women never lie about rape or domestic violence and to point out that this is clear nonsense is NOT the same thing as saying that women routinely lie and should not be trusted when they make allegations. You have chosen on multiple occasions to mis-characterise arguments that I have made in order to call me a rape apologist or sexist (or whatever…words to that effect). I think that you are mis-characterising the arguments of others on the internet in the same way.

Domestic violence is a criminal offence. Rape is a criminal offence. Both are common and devastating and we all know that women are usually the victims - but this does not mean that when an allegation is made it should be assumed as true with such conviction that the man suffers real world consequences without one scrap of evidence being presented against him.

Be pro- Depp to your hearts content - but I really hate to see this trial feed into sexist myths about women being liars. Why is pointing out that some people might lie “feeding into sexist myths”. That’s the whole point of having a justice system at all, isn’t it? We are not omniscent beings capable of looking at people and knowing who is being truthful and who isn’t so we rely on evidence. Are you siggesting we shouldn’t.

We’ve seen people argue on these threads against established studies on rape reporting for gods sake. If a thorough and well-recieved Home Office commission on rape reporting isn’t enough to dispel rape myths then how can it be said that women are automatically believed?

FFS. Throwing a statistic at me and demanding I accept it because it’s from the Home Office is absurd, and deeply offensive to accuse me of god knows what because I don’t. There is a reason that barristers don’t march in to court armed with statistics like that…and that is because when you are making an evaluation about ONE woman and ONE man the actions of millions of other men and women have no relevance whatsoever. Trying to insist that they do is asserting a narrative not looking at what the actual evidence shows. I don’t understand why this is even up for debate. And there are entire books written about the reliability of statistics and how misused and misunderstood they are. You are also ignoring that even if 3% is granted as true, that’s a hell of a lot of false allegations. 3% is not a small number of anything.

Please stop seeing “sometimes people lie” as “women always lie”. That has no place in a decent discussion,

I’m Looking at the Daily Mail article it’s clear that as soon as Amber filed that TRO and filed for divorce, she was treated with suspicion. There were serious doubts cast on her narrative. Excuse me, but so what? Scaring up one single article does not mean that the mainstream media & Twitter etc did not overwhelmingly believe AH. You know full well that they did.

The point is that NO ONE should be automatically believing anything without reliable data proving the truth of it. Certainly we all come to our own personal conclusions all the time, always have and always will, but with the advent of social media we are deluded into thinking that our personal opinions matter and that the recipient of allegations that we personally believe should suffer whatever punishment we deem fit. You are also choosing to ignore the fact that the Daily Mail was considered misogynistic trash for even daring to suggest Heard might be lying.

Johnny Depp did not lose his roles because the public have a tendency to believe women, because that simply isn’t the case. There is no automatic tendency to believe a woman just because she’s a woman.

Have you never heard of #BelieveAllWomen? It’s real. Have you not read the articles from Vogue and other left wing media? To try and suggest that this isn’t an overwhelming societal attitude currently is simply ridiculous. You know that it is. And Johnny Depp losing his roles because of the adverse publicity surrounding the allegations has been well proven in court.

And maybe he doesn’t care whether this actually lost him roles or not. Maybe he cares about being lied about! Would you be fine with it? If someone accused you of something truly horrific you’d just shrug it off, would you? He has every single right in the world to clear his name as publicly as it was smeared, and I do wonder at the agendas of people who think he shouldn’t.

At the end of the day this is about Amber Heard and Johnny Depp…no one else. For all of her showboating on social media she does not represent all women and she most assuredly does not represent survivors of domestic violence. I think you should stop trying to pretend that she does

but if Johnny wins, it’ll be one man winning justice for himself but it’ll be feeding into sexist dialogue for years. Countless women will lose out because of it. The public dialogue round the trial itself has been awful. It has sent terrible messages to victims of DV, women in general and to sexist men.

If this is the case, then it’s society’s problem, not Johnny Depp’s. And if it is true then it’s because some people insist on seeing it as an “issue” rather than what it truly is - which is one man and one woman battling over an issue that is about them and no one else. It is narratives such as the one you are presenting that encourages this kind of “terrible message” to take hold. If you don’t want to see that happen stop asserting wrongly that what anyone says about the individual Amber Heard must apply to all humans who share the same type of chromosomes with her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

squatternutbosh

VIP Member
Regarding the mainstream media.

I have a question for you all. I watched Amber on the stand (and sitting with Elaine), I think I saw it all -- I mean there were moments when her overacting was so cringe, I could not watch, turned away, and made odd noises due to painful second-hand embarrassment.

I saw her contorting her face over and over, I did not see any tears, however hard she tried.

My question is did you see any tears? Did she manage to squeeze any out (perhaps with the help of VapoRub or whatever she had in her handkerchief)?

Because yesterday (I think it was yesterday) I was completely surprised to see a Reuter's photo of her where she has tears (next to another article on how she is the poor suffering victim). At any point, did anyone see any tears?

Seriously puzzled. (Could the photographer have added the tears when he/she post-processed the photos?)

View attachment 1306720
That’s deffo photoshop. I’ve seen this image on YouTube. Ambers eyes were drier than an Arabs fart. (I’m Middle Eastern don’t come @ me)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
the one person who’s arguing all day that we are creaming our knickers for Johnny but we’re really just applauding a man who has had to go to these lengths to clear his name and name his own abuser and he came with receipts
I’m not exactly creaming my knickers over him but yano.. I’d happily sit on his face. Just saying.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36