Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry this happened to you.

I think it would be good if there was at least one dv victim in the jury since surely they would be able to know AH is lying through her teeth!
There's been a few DV victims in these threads who believe everything AH is saying.

Reactions: 7
Marilyn Manson now suing his ex for defamation. A pattern is ensuing. Abusers will not let try to block their victims speaking out! Also interesting that Manson hung out with Johnny.
There's quite a few cases of this nature pending.

Recently Mario Batali won his case.

And if it's true, as you say, that abusers will try to top victims speaking.

Let's not forget that Amber herself has launched two defamation cases (that we know of), relating to this current matter.

As for Marilyn Manson, yes he makes a good bogeyman. But it's probably not a good idea for Amber to try and link the cases as it might cause people to go and see the type of things Evan Rachel Wood is saying.... which if true, are shocking.... but if not, are bonkers.

I'm seeing a lot of articles supporting Amber, and push back against the Johnny support.
The arguments I've seen, I am able to rebuttal:

*Calling supporters his 'fans'...
I'm literally not a fan, and the only film of his I've watched is Edward Scissorhands.

*Saying women not supprting Amber are not feminists...
That's major gaslighting and weaponising womanhood, in order to manipulate people into blindly supporting her. I am not looking at Amber as a woman, but instead, a person who has done bad things. If a man done the things she doneto a woman, trust and believe it go harder on him.

* The memes and jokes such as #amberturd is harsh. Saying we are making humour of domestic abuse...
No we are not, we mocking her ridiculous actions and lies. Not domestic abuse itself.

* Other women will be too scared to come forward now about domestic abuse...
Well actually, women have never been taken completely seriously before this, and Amber is the one who will make it harder in the future for real victims, men or women, period!

* Amber doesn't have to be the perfect victim...
I agree, as a victim can act or react in many ways. But does it mean we overlook the lack of evidence or witnesses?

What else am I missing?
I think there’s nuance. I think it undermines support for Johnny by just referring to people supporting him as fans.

I also agree with you regarding the feminist thing. That’s a terrible commentary. In fact, I agree with most of what you say.

I probably am inclined to disagree on the memes thing. Taking the piss out of either side when we will never know the full story and when this is not a criminal trial just doesn’t sit well with me. I guess I just feel like it’s a bad precedent to set? I think it also plays into the hands SJWs who will weaponise this as a commentary on misogyny.

Reactions: 6
There's quite a few cases of this nature pending.

Recently Mario Batali won his case.

And if it's true, as you say, that abusers will try to top victims speaking.

Let's not forget that Amber herself has launched two defamation cases (that we know of), relating to this current matter.

As for Marilyn Manson, yes he makes a good bogeyman. But it's probably not a good idea for Amber to try and link the cases as it might cause people to go and see the type of things Evan Rachel Wood is saying.... which if true, are shocking.... but if not, are bonkers.
It will be interesting to see if there is a knock-on effect of this trial on the MM / ERW situation in terms of public perception as he pursues his defamation case. Innocent until proven guilty, even in the case of the boogyman and even if HBO has made a documentary about it.

Reactions: 1
What a civil bunch. I've been in my fair share of day-long queues and people generally do not take kindly to people holding others' places so they can turn up late in the day.
I seen they’ve came up with a number system too as people were turning up and jumping the queue while people were sleeping 🤣

Reactions: 2
I seen they’ve came up with a number system too as people were turning up and jumping the queue while people were sleeping 🤣
Yeah, numbers on hands is a common thing. All kicks off when #89 ends up in front of #6 because they're friends with #4 and #5!

• Haha
I'm seeing a lot of articles supporting Amber, and push back against the Johnny support.
The arguments I've seen, I am able to rebuttal:

*Calling supporters his 'fans'...
I'm literally not a fan, and the only film of his I've watched is Edward Scissorhands.

*Saying women not supporting Amber are not feminists...
That's major gaslighting and weaponising womanhood, in order to manipulate people into blindly supporting her. I am not looking at Amber as a woman, but instead, a person who has done bad things. If a man done the things she done to a woman, trust and believe I would do much harder on him.

* The memes and jokes such as #amberturd is harsh. Saying we are making humour of domestic abuse...
No we are not, we mocking her ridiculous actions and lies. Not domestic abuse itself.

* Other women will be too scared to come forward now about domestic abuse...
Well actually, women have never been taken completely seriously before this, and Amber is the one who will make it harder in the future for real victims, men or women, period!

* Amber doesn't have to be the perfect victim...
I agree, as a victim can act or react in many ways. But does it mean we overlook the lack of evidence or witnesses?

What else am I missing?
Literally!! Ngl I’m not a movie person at all or tv in general, I’m 24 and hand on my heart have never watched anything that he is in except Charlie and the chocolate factory in which I didn’t even know he was in it until I saw a recommended clip on my YouTube last week showing he was in it. So yes I am not a fan and prior to this trial know of him but nothing about him, so please tell me how we are just fans 🤣 if anything I would like to think I am a good judge of character and can see through people and their lies, connecting dots and have 99.9% been correct about people in my life or I at least have suspicions and I am made out to be crazy or paranoid I always end up being proven right.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
So this witness and josh drew don't speak to Amber for two years, until Amber's lawyers contact them two months before the deposition.
Which (imo) impacts on their credibility & being a nosy cow I'm very curious why these friends fell out with her?
Tired of her lies & behaviour & being drawn into it? Does she have something on them? Who knows? 🤷‍♀️
I thought the make up lady came across as credible.

Literally!! Ngl I’m not a movie person at all or tv in general, I’m 22 and hand on my heart have never watched anything that he is in except Charlie and the chocolate factory in which I didn’t even know he was in it until I saw a recommended clip on my YouTube last week showing he was in it. So yes I am not a fan and prior to this trial know of him but nothing about him, so please tell me how we are just fans 🤣 if anything I would like to think I am a good judge of character and can see through people and their lies, connecting dots and have 99.9% been correct about people in my life or I at least have suspicions and I am made out to be crazy or paranoid I always end up being proven right.
Same here, not a fan either. I’ve only seen Edward Scissorhands and it was just weird! I’ve gone on the evidence- the tapes and lack of pictures and medical treatment speak for themselves. The court appearances have just cemented my feeling that Depp is the abused one here and although he may abuse drugs and alcohol (so does she) that doesn’t make him a woman beater.

Reactions: 15
Lots to process, it still doesn't make sense, still no proof, her injuries don't match her description of what happened.

So far all I've heard is that they fought a lot, used drugs a lot and smashed things up a lot. When you listen to the tapes it's Johnny who wants the fighting to stop, it's him who's running away and she is encouraging him to stay and fight. That's the polar opposite of an abuser.

I don't think he physically abused her in any way, although my opinion of JD is tarnished somewhat by today's testimony.

Let's see what closing brings. I have a feeling JDs side are gonna bring it.
BIB - this with bells on. (y) Not to mention her story changing whereas his has remained consistent.
ETA her goading & gaslighting him was chilling.

Reactions: 15
Which (imo) impacts on their credibility & being a nosy cow I'm very curious why these friends fell out with her?
Well she can't take Rocky Pennington and the bead sellers to the One Young World Summit, can she?
What would people say?
Besides such people know nothing of refugees and fighting for human rights... not like Amber.

Reactions: 3
I didn’t even know the queuing was a thing until the Ghislaine Maxwell trial 🤣
I've never queued for a seat in court, I'll admit. 😂 Not surprised it's a thing with high profile cases, but considering this is being streamed live I'd imagine the majority of them are hardcore JD fans after a wave otherwise why would you bother? It's not as if you'd miss anything by not being there. It's interesting that the gallery was a lot more empty before JD was called to the stand and it has remained pretty full since, even when they're just sleeping through video depositions.

Reactions: 1
Tired of her lies & behaviour & being drawn into it? Does she have something on them? Who knows? 🤷‍♀️
I thought the make up lady came across as credible.
She did, but she said there was just some discolouration and it looked brownish, yellowish which would suggest almost healed bruises. Which I'm not saying is okay, but these were meant to be from the day before so the timeliness is inconsistent. Why lie? Was johnny out of town the weeks prior when an injury was sustained and so that doesn't suit the timeline/story? (I obviously don't know, it's just baffling the lies after lies. I felt the acting coach the most damaging to JD as it was like they were trying to push the control angle. I fell asleep during it too though so will have to go back to it. Can anyone give me a quick outline of her cross?

In my honest opinion I think the makeup artist is credible to a certain degree, correct me if I’m wrong..

•makeup artist states she was not there the night before she done the makeup for James cordon show, but states the Hair stylist was.
• hair stylist testifies she was there the night before and saw no visible injuries to AH.
• makeup artist testifies she is used to creating bruises and covering up bruises using a “ bruise kit” ( which does seem like she has been instructed to say by lawyers, as many makeup artists have said they never refer to a colour wheel as that)
• So hairstyles testifies seeing no injuries night before but makeup artist testifies seeing them on the day of James cordon show.
• the injuries around the eyes she claims were bruising of the colours blueish/yellow.
• if that is correct, sure that colour bruising indicates a bruise coming to the end of its cycle, as in a old bruise, which means if there was injuries how could fresh injuries from the night before be that colour.
• possible if there was injuries they are old and from possible Botox ? Or possibly been created by makeup artist as she has experience creating bruises?
• also an outside makeup artist has made it know that makeup artist are now allowed to cover up fresh wounds, how could she cover up a “ gash, bleeding lip” and without showing cracks in the lips.
• also amber testifies that the lip would bleed as soon as she opens her mouth which there is no evidence off????

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.