Johnny Depp & Amber Heard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do I have regrets? Yes, but because of who he was as a person, not because of his age.
He could have been the same age as me and behaved in the same way (belittling me, being dishonest etc).

In fact, I had another boyfriend shortly before who was the same age as me and acted in a similar manner.

I actually think I would have benefitted from having had a boyfriend who was more mature than I was at the time and who would have protected me.
I suppose there are never any guarantees in love, only probabilities. It's a potentially dangerous game. I'm not surprised he was immature if he was dating younger. I had an abusive partner who was my age (we met at university) but then has been going for younger and younger over the years because women his age have cottoned on. With young men they are untested (the boyfriend the same age as you). By 30, it's much easier to know who they are. The boyfriend who was the same age as you, what is he up to now? Is he going for younger and younger? Is he still messy?

I think mature men go for mature women with shared life experiences. If an older man is going for a younger woman, one has to at least wonder why given they are less likely to have things in common than someone in their cohort. I'm 30 and my relationships have always been in my age group, my cultural group and with shared value systems. Similarity is the name of the game in my experience, not difference. It eliminates at least several components of the power differential.

Actually when I have these experiences, I wonder why I am attracted so many weirdos. It's some kind of trapped energy that recreates the same experiences over and over again until that energy packet is felt through and released.

Reactions: 3
For anyone still following the Amber/ Johnny saga today was a really good day for Johnny with his defamation case against Amber in the US. The judge basically said that the UK trial didn’t give Johnny a fair chance to present all his evidence. This article explains the legal stuff really clearly. Really hope the truth comes out! https://lawandcrime.com/celebrity/a...rward-to-trial/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
They both bleeping suck. People think Johnny is a loveable rogue because of the characters he plays in films. But in actual fact he is just a piece of tit druggie and alki and I wish people would stop worshipping him

Reactions: 9
They both bleeping suck. People think Johnny is a loveable rogue because of the characters he plays in films. But in actual fact he is just a piece of tit druggie and alki and I wish people would stop worshipping him
He also did some nice things like visiting children in hospital in costume and giving lots of money to charity

Reactions: 10
I have known quite a few alcoholics and drug addicts in my life and I don’t believe having addictions automatically means you’re a horrible person/ piece of tit. Depp has never denied his issues with drugs or alcohol he just won’t accept being labelled a wife beater (which is fair enough if he didn’t do it). I don’t worship him and I believed Amber at first but it’s clear to me now she is far from a victim.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
He's never denied his issues. and has said he's screwed up publicly. Heard on the other hand.... well she's the reason men don't come forward when they are being abused.

Reactions: 12
I’d also like to throw in that hes said himself that his first experience of drugs came from stealing his mums pain as a kid to escape a violent and unstable upbringing. I mean, he’s not without his flaws but addiction doesn’t automatically make you a crappy human. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Personally I think the fact that he was willing to lay out all his past mistakes so publicly in both cases when she’s scrambling to obscure as much as she can tells you a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
He also did some nice things like visiting children in hospital in costume and giving lots of money to charity
Is that really a nice thing though? Turning up to a kids hospital, with very sick and dying children. Parents beside themselves with worry, possibly ill or even dying child, other children, financial worries, time off work etc etc...but hey ho here comes Johnny bleeping Depp dressed up like a dip tit pirate, parading around without being invited, all attention on me please .....

Reeks of narcissism to me

• Wow
  • Angry
Is that really a nice thing though? Turning up to a kids hospital, with very sick and dying children. Parents beside themselves with worry, possibly ill or even dying child, other children, financial worries, time off work etc etc...but hey ho here comes Johnny bleeping Depp dressed up like a dip tit pirate, parading around without being invited, all attention on me please .....

I don't understand your point.

He did it for the children, not the parents (although I would think that the parents would be happy to know their child had a few good moments in hospital).

Yes, of course it was a nice thing. The kids were enjoying it. They had fun. They met a real life Disney character that fooled around with them, hugged them, talked to them... He took his time as well.
I am sure they felt special, this was something that other kids did not have.

I would have been starstruck to meet a Hollywood character in person as a child and guess I would have forgotten my worries for a bit.
Maybe other kids would have preferred to get a free copy of GeoNational, I don't know.

Reactions: 17

so you are basically saying that he can’t do something to make the children feel better because he’s a narcissis?

Reactions: 2
His daughter was treated for accute kidney failure in Great Ormond Street so I think he'd probably have an idea what would be a nice thing for parents and children going through a traumatic time. He also donated one million pounds and took the doctors and nurses to the premiere of Sweeney Todd.

His daughter was treated for accute kidney failure in Great Ormond Street so I think he'd probably have an idea what would be a nice thing for parents and children going through a traumatic time. He also donated one million pounds and took the doctors and nurses to the premiere of Sweeney Todd.
As if the doctors and nurses hadn't suffered enough...had to sit through that shite....

My comment wasnt really aimed at Johnny himself I guess, I just have a real bee in my bonnet about celebrities who turn up unannounced and expect praise. I spent the first 14 years of my life in and out of hospital, and was at times seriously ill, the last thing I would have cared about was fawning over a celebrity. Maybe its a cultural thing I dont know, or maybe it's my spidey sense after my experience of DV, but I would question who a hospital visit was *really* for

As if the doctors and nurses hadn't suffered enough...had to sit through that shite....

My comment wasnt really aimed at Johnny himself I guess, I just have a real bee in my bonnet about celebrities who turn up unannounced and expect praise. I spent the first 14 years of my life in and out of hospital, and was at times seriously ill, the last thing I would have cared about was fawning over a celebrity. Maybe its a cultural thing I dont know, or maybe it's my spidey sense after my experience of DV, but I would question who a hospital visit was *really* for
I find it hard to believe that his visits were "unannounced" - maybe a surprise for the children, but the hospital most likely knew about it.

From the videos it looked like the kids had fun and those that didn't want to participate were hopefully not forced to do so.

Sorry that you were that ill, btw.

Reactions: 1
I was in hospital for a big part of my childhood and the doctors and nurses used to dress up and mess around to try and make the hospital experience a bit more fun for us. If a huge celebrity had come in dressed as their character from one of the biggest films of the time to entertain us we would have absolutely loved it.

Ummmm… he did those visits at the peak of his fame following Pirates, I’m fairly sure it had to be a very well organised affair, he didn’t just bowl in unannounced 😂
Fair enough if you don’t like him, but this one feels like reaching to me 😂

Reactions: 11
So the trial starts today, what we thinking? Personally hoping that Johnny will clear his name (please no hate lol)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So the trial starts today, what we thinking? Personally hoping that Johnny will clear his name (please no hate lol)
How can he? He’s been found guilty in a court of law of being a wife beater and there was evidence. Not that I’m on Amber’s side but Johnny isn’t innocent in this. It was one hell of a toxic relationship.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.