Johnny Depp & Amber Heard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think that diagram is a bit of a stretch, l’m sure all celebrities are linked to things in a way.

also i’m sure Johnny has has friends in higher places than Amber would.

Reactions: 6
Sorry to double post but I’ve just seen this, not sure if anyone was an opinion on it?
I find it difficult.

To some extend, if you work your way up in the legal profession you will have met many people and will have formed relationships with some of them, either professional or personal.
This is almost unavoidable.

But in the other side: if your son works at the same place as the person that wrote the offending article and your wife is friends with people that hang out with the key witness - should you recluse yourself?

In my view these connections (especially the fact that the judge’s son ultimately works for Murdoch) should have been at least revealed to the court.

Reactions: 4
I did think it was a bit of a stretch too, just thought I'd share!

My facebook is full of people sharing Johnny Depp/Amber Heard memes at the moment lol and there's a petition being shared to remove Amber from Aquaman

I find it difficult.

To some extend, if you work your way up in the legal profession you will have met many people and will have formed relationships with some of them, either professional or personal.

But in the other side: if your son works at the same place as the person that wrote the offending article and your wife is friends with people that hang out with the key witness - should you recluse yourself?

In my view these connections (especially the fact that the judge’s son ultimately works for Murdoch) should have been at least revealed to the court.
Doesn’t 90% of hollywood work for Murdoch in some way? 😆

Reactions: 3
I find it difficult.

There arent that many barristers chambers and the more high profile you go, the fewer they are. If you then only go into the ones that deal with celebrity libel, there will be very few. As pp has said, as if Amber Heard has more power and influence than Jonny Depp!

Reactions: 8
There arent that many barristers chambers and the more high profile you go, the fewer they are. If you then only go into the ones that deal with celebrity libel, there will be very few. As pp has said, as if Amber Heard has more power and influence than Jonny Depp!
She's still an execrably bad never-should-have been though.

Reactions: 2
I ve followed this case for a while. I have always had concerns with AH. It seems odd to me that Johnny Depp has had several previous relationships over the years and there has been no previous hint of DA before. Suddenly he gets with AH and all of sudden he is an abuser. And she has the presence of mind/foresight to predict these incidents and be recording them. Something seems very off. She’s done well out of this relationship- money,publicity etc. She was cheating on him and seems to be goading him on several occasions. I don’t doubt he is an absolute mess with drink and drugs - and the text messages to Paul Bettany were vile - but I think she has engineered this quite a lot.

Reactions: 10
I ve followed this case for a while. I have always had concerns with AH. It seems odd to me that Johnny Depp has had several previous relationships over the years and there has been no previous hint of DA before. Suddenly he gets with AH and all of sudden he is an abuser. And she has the presence of mind/foresight to predict these incidents and be recording them. Something seems very off. She’s done well out of this relationship- money,publicity etc. She was cheating on him and seems to be goading him on several occasions. I don’t doubt he is an absolute mess with drink and drugs - and the text messages to Paul Bettany were vile - but I think she has engineered this quite a lot.
Exactly. Other cases we've seen with high profile men behaving unsavoury there's always been other people come out of the woodwork to back it up. Im not just talking about the extreme cases. He's 60, he's been around for a long time. That ridiculously orchestrated table of drink/drug & pirates of the Caribbean paraphernalia!
Yeah she was goading him. You don't goad someone you're terrified of, you just don't. It's human instinct to protect yourself. Even when we heard her goad him, he didn't react how she said he did.

If there aren't any repercussions for her part in it all, hopefully it doesn't set a blueprint for this type of thing in the future.

There have been cases of violence with partners before. The most famous one when the police were called to a hotel suite he was smashing up during a fight with Kate Moss

Reactions: 6
But maybe would have found a barrister whose son isn’t working for company owned by NGN (the defendan) and who is effectively a colleague of Dan Wotton (who wrote the offensive article)

There have been cases of violence with partners before. The most famous one when the police were called to a hotel suite he was smashing up during a fight with Kate Moss
Did he smash up the hotel room or Kate Moss?
That is an important distinction.

Reactions: 4
But maybe would have found a barrister whose son isn’t working for company owned by NGN (the defendan) and who is effectively a colleague of Dan Wotton (who wrote the offensive article)

It was entirely him. It’s quite well documented.

Reactions: 2
I did think it was a bit of a stretch too, just thought I'd share!

My facebook is full of people sharing Johnny Depp/Amber Heard memes at the moment lol and there's a petition being shared to remove Amber from Aquaman
So it's now being reported in the papers.

Reactions: 1

No it’s not. Not at all. Violence not directly aginst your partner but in their presence is a well known form of domestic violence

Also: it goes without saying so much Private information came out in the Court case that the public would never have been aware of previous domestic assault would’ve been easily hidden

Reactions: 5
if people want to presume Depp’s innocence then they will find any reason or excuse to think that way and no evidence to contrary will make them believe otherwise.

as its been pointed out (esp by me and my experience) just because there has been no physical/mental abuse history with previous partner’s doesn’t prove innocence.

again no one is saying he isn’t a victim either, but he is no saint.

Reactions: 9
No it’s not. Not at all. Violence not directly aginst your partner but in their presence is a well known form of domestic violence

Also: it goes without saying so much Private information came out in the Court case that the public would never have been aware of previous domestic assault would’ve been easily hidden
I am sorry, but that is rubbish. This also means that all women tan throw a plate against the wall abuse their husbands- which is not the case.

Who knows how this hotel room got damaged and if Kate Moss was even impressed.

Given that they even engaged a private investigator and overturned every stone to find dirt I find it is rather telling that no other incident was mentioned, not one person came forward.

if people want to presume Depp’s innocence then they will find any reason or excuse to think that way and no evidence to contrary will make them believe otherwise.

as its been pointed out (esp by me and my experience) just because there has been no physical/mental abuse history with previous partner’s doesn’t prove innocence.

again no one is saying he isn’t a victim either, but he is no saint.
And if people want to presume someone’s guilt they use every excuse to think that way.

No abuse history doesn’t proof innocence, it it’s an indication.

In the end all these presumptions say more about the people that make them than about the person that is being discussed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.