Johnny Depp & Amber Heard #29

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah, our favourite British barrister who thinks that men can't be victims because they are bigger and stronger than women............ :rolleyes:
I love this strain of idiots who think just because you don’t admit to wrongdoing, court verdicts don’t count 🫠

Jason Momoa has apparently been assigned a new DC character as part of this big shake up they’re doing, so I’m guessing perhaps they’ll just kick Aquaman to the kerb or just recast everyone 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sick
Reactions: 3
this settlement is on the appeal, according to Emily D Baker so, I don't know for sure
yep, I heard Emily D Baker stated that too.

"While no formal paperwork appears to have been filed in the Virginia court dockets, it appears that the agreement between Depp and Heard ends both parties’ appeals claims. Despite Heard’s assertion to the contrary, it also appears that the judgment delivered against the actress by a Virginia jury on June 1 still stands and could be enforced if she publicly repeated the same statements of alleged defamation against Depp that her ex-husband initially sued over in March 2019." from an article on Deadline

According to various lawyers it really doesnt.
View attachment 1820186View attachment 1820187
this lawyer has locked down this twitter account not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
because I would like to see his response to others about his tweet but it's all good. I saw what deadline post and what Emily D Baker said so that judgement stands.
It doesn’t in any real sense. If she repeats what she’s said she can’t be sued again.

It doesn’t in any real sense. If she repeats what she’s said she can’t be sued again.
Are you high! Of course she can. The appeal is the only thing settled on the judgement still stands. He can sue her anytime she is defamatory and can be proven she is talking about him.
She put some word salad out there to satisfy herself and the few that believe. Why would JD's lawyers lie?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Are you high! Of course she can. The appeal is the only thing settled on the judgement still stands. He can sue her anytime she is defamatory and can be proven she is talking about him.
She put some word salad out there to satisfy herself and the few that believe. Why would JD's lawyers lie?
I imagine her next thing will be talking about the online abuse she received instead to get around it. Either way she’s not going to go away quietly…

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Defamation is about defaming ones reputation - all the information is out there, he’s reputation is shot to pieces so there is no way repeating her claims can damage his reputation. He can’t sue her for talking and she can’t sue him for saying it was a hoax.

Defamation is about defaming ones reputation - all the information is out there, he’s reputation is shot to pieces so there is no way repeating her claims can damage his reputation. He can’t sue her for talking and she can’t sue him for saying it was a hoax.
His reputation shot to pieces, nice echo chamber you're in.
Even the media have changed.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
His reputation shot to pieces, nice echo chamber you're in.
Even the media have changed.
I’m not in an echo chamber, his reputation has been damaged. He’s not going to be getting massive franchises like he was, how will he get insurance in Hollywood again?
How can it be a smart PR move when he’s gone from asking for $50 million to being paid $1 million from an insurance company?

Reactions: 2
Ah, our favourite British barrister who thinks that men can't be victims because they are bigger and stronger than women............ :rolleyes:
It also doesn't matter if there is evidence either according to her.

because I would like to see his response to others about his tweet but it's all good. I saw what deadline post and what Emily D Baker said so that judgement stands.
The thread is here.

You can sort of make out his argument from the replies- his argument is based on contract law, and makes assertions about the contents of the settlement which he has not seen (and may not actually exist)... as by all accounts nothing has been filed with the court.

All that has actually happened is they have dropped the appeals.
Which is somewhat surprising in Johnny's case, given that it relates to attorney client privilege, and unethical conduct by Elaine.

But we shall see.

The thread is here.

You can sort of make out his argument from the replies- his argument is based on contract law, and makes assertions about the contents of the settlement which he has not seen (and may not actually exist)... as by all accounts nothing has been filed with the court.

All that has actually happened is they have dropped the appeals.
Which is somewhat surprising in Johnny's case, given that it relates to attorney client privilege, and unethical conduct by Elaine.

But we shall see.
I have a theory as to why he's decided to settle......that being POTC 6.....He wanted it done and dusted as the rumour mill is suggesting filming will start in 2023-2024. Emily D Baker said the appeal could be two years away. Depp has proven his point, despite Heard twisting the narrative again

Reactions: 8
I have a theory as to why he's decided to settle......that being POTC 6.....He wanted it done and dusted as the rumour mill is suggesting filming will start in 2023-2024. Emily D Baker said the appeal could be two years away. Depp has proven his point, despite Heard twisting the narrative again
Disney is one of the most risk averse company in the world, I highly doubt they will employ Johnny to play Jack Sparrow again with all the baggage he comes with. Not only the court case and what that entailed but also his behaviour on set, being late, costing the company money, etc.

I think it more likely that Warner Bros want him to reboot Harry Potter, along with JK Rowling.
Or at least they have dangled the carrot..

So they can mitigate the impending damage to Aquaman 2..
The question is how many mums will drag their kids to see Jason Mamoa in a film that include Amber?

Disney is one of the most risk averse company in the world, I highly doubt they will employ Johnny to play Jack Sparrow again with all the baggage he comes with. Not only the court case and what that entailed but also his behaviour on set, being late, costing the company money, etc.
I'm going on Jerry Bruckheimer's interview

I’m not in an echo chamber, his reputation has been damaged. He’s not going to be getting massive franchises like he was, how will he get insurance in Hollywood again?
How can it be a smart PR move when he’s gone from asking for $50 million to being paid $1 million from an insurance company?
I don’t think you can measure his careers damage this way. How many more “massive franchises” was he going to get at this point, nearing 60?? His career is due to wind down in that way. Turd was always going after his legacy, rather than his future, in Hollywood.