Johnny Depp & Amber Heard #29

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think you can measure his careers damage this way. How many more “massive franchises” was he going to get at this point, nearing 60?? His career is due to wind down in that way. Turd was always going after his legacy, rather than his future, in Hollywood.
Lots of male actors who have hit 60 have done very well for themselves, I think I mentioned a few above. But I also think a big issue was his behaviour on set. With his documented drink and drug issues I would image it’s quite hard for him to get insured for bigger productions.
I think previously he would have done well in a TV franchise, especially as they are very popular at the moment. Maybe even diversified - he likes music, he could have help create a soundtrack or a signature song for a film, etc.

Reactions: 3
Lots of male actors who have hit 60 have done very well for themselves, I think I mentioned a few above. But I also think a big issue was his behaviour on set. With his documented drink and drug issues I would image it’s quite hard for him to get insured for bigger productions.
I think previously he would have done well in a TV franchise, especially as they are very popular at the moment. Maybe even diversified - he likes music, he could have help create a soundtrack or a signature song for a film, etc.
He might end up on Netflix, in the Tim Burton 'Wednesday' series...as I know they have more planned for 2023 onwards

Reactions: 1
He might end up on Netflix, in the Tim Burton 'Wednesday' series...as I know they have more planned for 2023 onwards
I’m surprised he wasn’t in it this series. I haven’t seen it but lots of people thought he would be Uncle Fester.

Sorry, I read your comment as though you were saying the reason he won’t get “massive franchises” the way he has secured leads in the past was solely due to Heard.

I agree on the drug behaviour. Though this won’t be a total no deal (particularly if Johnny is clean now) - look at Charlie Sheen and how far he had to go with that for work to dry up.

I agree plenty of 60 year old actors do well. As I’m sure will Johnny. But I don’t know of any getting all the “massive franchises” the way they did in their prime.

Tbh if you look at his filmography it’s mostly smaller/indie/weirder stuff - pirates and a few of the big Tim burton films are really the biggest things he’s done and they felt like a bit of an anomaly.

But yeah, other actors his kinda age were in their big franchises earlier and then aged out of them - Robert Downey Jr for example.

I also wondered if Johnny would even want to work for a big studio anymore. He was clearly hurt to have been cut off by Disney and WB after making them so much money, I got the sense he felt let down and wouldn’t go back to them. I guess now with two production companies he can make whatever the duck he wants 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Sorry, I read your comment as though you were saying the reason he won’t get “massive franchises” the way he has secured leads in the past was solely due to Heard.

I agree on the drug behaviour. Though this won’t be a total no deal (particularly if Johnny is clean now) - look at Charlie Sheen and how far he had to go with that for work to dry up.

I agree plenty of 60 year old actors do well. As I’m sure will Johnny. But I don’t know of any getting all the “massive franchises” the way they did in their prime.
I personally think it’s a combination of both. The trial being televised and having all the sordid details out there will have also been a massive blow for him but also so is his reputation of on set behaviour, his drink and drug use. Also, from a very superficial point of view (and this is film, it’s very superficial), he’s lost his looks which can be contributed to his lifestyle. If he became completely clean, lived more healthily, paid his dues with working etc he could possibly make a comeback. No man is ever truly cancelled. JD has glamorised this lifestyle for so long but he’s getting older and it’s catching up with him.

Reactions: 1
I had the impression that the horrible relationship with AH and the trial were quite therapeutic for him.

When he testified he said that he realised that a lot of his childhood traumas had been reenacted with AH.

Trauma is often the reason for drink and drug abuse and maybe he is now able to be less dependent on these narcotics.

Reactions: 9
Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 7.32.03 AM.png

Camille Vasquez being hired by NBC is going to be interesting.

NBC News journalists complain after the network hires Johnny Depp's lawyer
Updated Jan 10, 2023, 6:59pm CST

NBC News is facing complaints from its own journalists for hiring the face of Johnny Depp’s legal team.

Camille Vasquez, a 38-year-old partner at Brown Rudnick in Los Angeles, became a social media sensation last year as Depp’s fans cheered on the ultimately successful case that Heard tarnished Depp’s reputation and harmed his career with her claims of domestic abuse.

On Monday, Vasquez made her first appearance on the Today show as a legal analyst for NBC News.

After Vasquez appeared on the Today show on Monday, a journalist filed a written complaint to management raising concerns about the decision to hire her as an analyst, which was widely circulated inside the newsroom, two NBC News employees said.

Some journalists said they felt that the hiring discounted NBC’s own reporting. During the trial, fans took particular issue with NBC News reporter Kat Tenbarge, circulating an online petition to get her fired over her critical reporting and analysis of the case.

The contact lists of television bookers are filled with people like Vasquez, who is a very traditional TV news figure. She’s a young, telegenic subject matter expert who cultivated a huge social media following and has plenty of experience discussing legal issues in front of cameras. What’s more, a search of her name on Tiktok produces videos with a combined 2.9 billion views.

But NBC News is composed of competing fiefdoms, and its cable network and digital operations lean further to the left than its broadcast arm, and many staffers I spoke to remain sympathetic to Heard’s view of the case.

NBC News produced a documentary earlier this year that ultimately concluded that the success of Depp’s legal team was a setback for survivors of harassment and abuse. NBC News also weathered criticism for investigating, but never broadcasting, allegations of sexual misconduct against the producer Harvey Weinstein.

“For her to end up in this branding, as an NBC News Analyst — it puts her in league with the journalists of this network, and that's unfortunate," one NBC News staffer said.

Reactions: 3
Unrelated (ish) but, Jeff Beck passed away yesterday from meningitis at 78 years old. Andy Signore and Stef The Alter Nerd are 'devastated' as they saw him once...and they're saying 'he seemed well on stage'- do they know how death works??? People don't have the grim reaper stalking them jeez! Anyone in favour of me opening a popcorned planet thread? I'm finding them increasingly annoying that they jump on anything to do with Depp......

Reactions: 4
Unrelated (ish) but, Jeff Beck passed away yesterday from meningitis at 78 years old. Andy Signore and Stef The Alter Nerd are 'devastated' as they saw him once...and they're saying 'he seemed well on stage'- do they know how death works??? People don't have the grim reaper stalking them jeez! Anyone in favour of me opening a popcorned planet thread? I'm finding them increasingly annoying that they jump on anything to do with Depp......
Sad news about Beck. I cant watch PP anymore, popped in the other day and Steph was screeching so she hurt my ears.

Reactions: 5
Sad news about Beck. I cant watch PP anymore, popped in the other day and Steph was screeching so she hurt my ears.
Same here. Steph is on far too often, shouting on. I'm shocked at how many fans she has. It became a bit desperate after the JD case nothing was reported fully. His Marvel coverage used to be good.

Reactions: 2
I saw this tweet and I thought I would post it here.

Saw this comment on it, I like it better 😂

'Her insurance companies are currently suing her. They don’t want to pay-especially when she was found to be liable and had to pay “compensatory” damages, 8 mill at first, negotiated to 1 mil. INS. Companies only pay when the insured isn’t liable. She owes them big time.'

Reactions: 6
I have been watching AH's testimony again....and there are some points I didn't catch during the 'live' trial. For example, the dirty carpet incident....AH tells the court she went straight to her therapist after the incident and was going to proceed with what she told her therapist to the court. JD's side objected on hearsay.....so, Elaine says to AH 'what did you do after the incident?'....she responds 'I went home'. Then the Australia incident where she saw his finger tip come off with the phone that wasn't there......Then, she testifies to getting up the next morning and finding out he'd lost the tip of his finger as she woke up......I'm still astonished at how many minions are still on her side

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Is it just me but does it seem like popcorn doesn't really like making videos on YouTube since the Depp trial is over?