Johnny Depp & Amber Heard #29

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do they really need to gag her though? The majority of the public don’t believe a word she says now anyway and you can see from the interview she did after the trial that she makes herself look worse every time she opens her mouth.
I don’t think his career will ever go back to how it was before but he’s doing a lot better than she is.

Reactions: 8
Do they really need to gag her though? The majority of the public don’t believe a word she says now anyway and you can see from the interview she did after the trial that she makes herself look worse every time she opens her mouth.
I don’t think his career will ever go back to how it was before but he’s doing a lot better than she is.
Realistically, Johnny is of an age where his career would naturally start winding down over the next few years or so. In that respect, Amber could never have done more damage than what age itself does to us all. No 60 year old actor is landing the same roles they were at 30 and I doubt many even want to.

What Amber was costing him was his memory. She knows that if she caused Johnny to never land a big role again, he wouldn’t starve or suffer. What would’ve caused him to suffer, would’ve been knowing that every time one of his movies was played, his characters mentioned, his name discussed - that people would immediately think “wife beater” “abuser” “bully” etc.

A lot of people would be able to ignore that and think “ha, well I made my millions to hell with what people think” but i don’t think Johnny would. He said from the start it wasn’t about money and I don’t think that just applied to the financial judgement on the case.

The career was important to Amber. And hopefully in her quest to tarnish Johnnys past work, she’s cost herself her future.

Reactions: 17
Realistically, Johnny is of an age where his career would naturally start winding down over the next few years or so. In that respect, Amber could never have done more damage than what age itself does to us all. No 60 year old actor is landing the same roles they were at 30 and I doubt many even want to.

What about Harrison Ford? He is still doing Indy. //Off-topic.

Reactions: 3
The statement from Brown Rudnick is interesting, it states that neither JD or Amber can file anymore lawsuits in relation to this case.

I think Amber thought marriage to Depp would green light her career from bit part to A list. She just wasn’t talented enough. Their romance was a bit pathetic. Old man young woman. He was Steve she was Slim,like Bogart and Bacall. Except they weren’t.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think Amber thought marriage to Depp would green light her career from bit part to A list. She just wasn’t talented enough. Their romance was a bit pathetic. Old man young woman. He was Steve she was Slim,like Bogart and Bacall. Except they weren’t.
I think the way they really over romanticised their relationship with stuff like that shows that it was toxic from the start. Clearly there were massive highs followed by awful lows. Listening to the tapes and reading messages between them, it just sounds exhausting.
But yeah, I got the impression that he’s quite embarrassed now - a middle aged man taken in by a younger woman.

Reactions: 9
What about Harrison Ford? He is still doing Indy. //Off-topic.
That’s a long running character though. If indy was never made and they decided to make it today, he probably wouldn’t be cast. Im not saying no actor gets work at their age, I’m saying it naturally winds down. Amber was going after his legacy, rather than trying to kill potential future work.

Johnny is of an age where his career would naturally start winding down over the next few years or so. In that respect, Amber could never have done more damage than what age itself does to us all. No 60 year old actor is landing the same roles they were at 30 and I doubt many even want to.
Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Steve Carrell, George Clooney, Gary Oldman, Woody Harrelson, Chrsitoph Waltz, Steve Buscemi, Brendan Gleeson, etc etc are all 60+ over and doing well and their careers aren’t slowing down. They are getting similar and maybe even better roles than they did at 30.

Quelle surprise the misinformation fairies are falling for Amber's spin.

Assuming Amber comes out of hiding in her efforts to dodge testifying in the insurance case - she would be extremely ill-advised to repeat anything related to this case.

But then she was extremely ill-advised to throw her lot in with Michelle Dauber and the easy money activists, on the rubber chicken charity circuit in the first place.

It would be interesting to see what part Warner Brothers played in this...
As they are currently sitting on two toxic properties - Aquaman 2 and The Flash.

Reactions: 8
That’s not true, the judgement is no longer enforceable and she’s been released from liability - the settlement means she’s no longer liable for defamation as the settlement takes place of the jury’s verdict.
You are right about the NDA, my apologies got that confused there! They couldn’t get her to sign one so she’s not gagged against saying anything.
this settlement is on the appeal, according to Emily D Baker so, I don't know for sure

She ain't "free" - the judgement stands.

The question is has she got the sense to move on?
Considering the backlash she got for her interview after the verdict, I’d hope not many places would consider giving her a platform. But I’m sure she’ll find a way to keep her narrative going.

Last Japanese Soldier Watch...

... and back in the real world.

Considering the backlash she got for her interview after the verdict, I’d hope not many places would consider giving her a platform. But I’m sure she’ll find a way to keep her narrative going.
Well let us see what happens in Aquaman 2.
And specifically the advertising around it,

The question is...
How many mums are going to drag their kids to a Jason Mamoa film with Amber Heard in it?
Especially after Ezra Miller in The Flash?

Reactions: 1
Last Japanese Soldier Watch...

... and back in the real world.
Ah, our favourite British barrister who thinks that men can't be victims because they are bigger and stronger than women............ :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Ah, our favourite British barrister who thinks that men can't be victims because they are bigger and stronger than women............ :rolleyes:
She has got more bonkers since that post...

It's an odd sort of barrister who doesn't understand the law.