Johnny Depp & Amber Heard #29

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It looks like he got it back but they should be transparent about why they did it to begin with, especially to a child who is ill. I'm guessing it's Amber's attack dogs doing their usual mass reporting. I thought they couldn't stoop any lower when they gloated about Jeannie Larson's death, but they are actually now targeting Kori, alternating between claiming he is a liar and saying he deserves all he gets because he is a fan of Johnny.

Some other news I saw was TheDUIGuyPlus has tweeted that Johnny may consider dropping the $8M+ judgment if she drops the appeal, admits she lied, and promise to never bring it up again. I get why he is doing it and it proves he was never interested in the money but it's wishful thinking on their part if true as someone like Scamber is incapable of admitting they are in the wrong and will claim that it shows he was scared she was gonna win the appeal. Odds are he is never gonna see it either way. Her 'acting' career is done so unless she finds some other sugar daddy to comp her the money, it's not happening.

I totally see why this would be considered because Depp just wants to draw a line on this shitshow and get on with his life but with people like Amber, it's just not suitable. It will be twisted around to suit her agenda. Gotta see it through to the end now Johnny.

Reactions: 8
Sounds like Johnny did her a favour - I'd've gone after every penny plus interest if I was lied about in such a malicious, malevolent way.

And this is your reminder there is NO. SUCH. THING. as "his/her/your/my truth" - there is only the truth. And the truth here is that... she lied.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
had anyone here seen this yet?

From what I've seen, there was little chance she would win the appeal, never mind getting the retrial but it wouldn't be Amber if she wasn't playing the victim and making out everyone else was lying until the very end.

Reactions: 11
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
In her full statement, she's still making herself out to be the victim ......and she says there's no 'gag' order! If I were Johnny, I'd keep hold of his legal team to watch her like a hawk!

He bought Captain Kori a PS5 for Christmas !

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So he’s gone from $10 million to $1 million which Amber won’t even pay, her insurer will, plus there is no gag and no restrictions. I don’t see how this is a win for JD.

Reactions: 6
So he’s gone from $10 million to $1 million which Amber won’t even pay, her insurer will, plus there is no gag and no restrictions. I don’t see how this is a win for JD.
I think she’s misinterpreted the gag thing. From what I’ve read, the judgement still stands so if she repeats the claims again he can go after her again or insist on claiming the full amount. Apparently they can’t put an actual ‘gag order’ in because it would be unlawful to limit her speech 🤷🏻‍♀️

He was never going to claim all 10mil anyway, he only ever wanted to be believed.

Reactions: 11
Apparently they can’t put an actual ‘gag order’ in because it would be unlawful to limit her speech 🤷🏻‍♀️
Not true, NDAs are a popular thing in America, especially in showbiz. So many break ups end in an NDA, this hasn’t. She can say what she wants. If she repeats the claims then JD can’t sue injury to his reputation because everything from the trial is all out in the open now.
If he didn’t care about the money, why did a man heavily in debt from his various vices and alleged theft from former business partners spend something silly like $26 million on two cases, one which he lost and the other he gained only $1 million from an insurance company, not even Amber. On top of that he hasn’t got a gag order on her. It doesn’t seem like a win to me. And his truth is quite shaky - there were inconsistencies with what he said, news after the trial wasn’t favourable and a whole host of DV and IPV experts who deal with those things daily said they support Amber. He still will get work because men are never truly cancelled no matter what they do, but this is a massive hit to him financially and personally.

Reactions: 3
Not true, NDAs are a popular thing in America, especially in showbiz. So many break ups end in an NDA, this hasn’t. She can say what she wants. If she repeats the claims then JD can’t sue injury to his reputation because everything from the trial is all out in the open now.
If he didn’t care about the money, why did a man heavily in debt from his various vices and alleged theft from former business partners spend something silly like $26 million on two cases, one which he lost and the other he gained only $1 million from an insurance company, not even Amber. On top of that he hasn’t got a gag order on her. It doesn’t seem like a win to me. And his truth is quite shaky - there were inconsistencies with what he said, news after the trial wasn’t favourable and a whole host of DV and IPV experts who deal with those things daily said they support Amber. He still will get work because men are never truly cancelled no matter what they do, but this is a massive hit to him financially and personally.
Not sure why you jumped on this - I don’t think I said anything about the validity of his claims, I was just repeating what I’d seen about the settlement.

But I do laugh when people point out his inconsistencies when she’s on record giving multiple accounts of the incident in Australia where he lost his finger and submitted photographs that experts testified had been edited or doctored. But OK 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 13
you cant put a gag order on someone without the other agreeing

what the OP said is true though: if she repeats her claims again he can sue her again. More than before actually since now there is a judgement in his favour on this matter.

I'd ignore DV & IPV "experts" because they always take the womens side no matter what and seem less concerned about the right or wrongs of this case but rather (rightfully) about what it means for survivors who are actually innocent and how they will be treated (in my personal opinion it's very problematic that DV claims are deemed defamatory especially when there actually are some indicators, it'll scare genuine victims off), no matter what you think of this case it's obvious that neither is innocent, but "mutual abuse" is something those experts dont like because they always work on the assumption that the woman just reacted to abuse (this is in this case perhaps not too frustrating because Depp is clearly not innocent, but it gets very frustrating in the few cases where the woman is clearly the abusive party)

This settlement is a PR move more than anything: another trial would have costed them another 3-4 years of their careers and further tanked both careers. Amber is close to the age where most women in Hollywood cease to exist, and Depp is close to the age where just A-listers really survive. Amber can claim she won because "she wont be silenced" and say "her truth" and can continue pretend to be a DV advocator, and Depp can claim that he was right. In my opinion though both lost: neither this nor the UK trial should have happened. the second Amber dropped her Restraining Order request they should have never mentioned this again. Both would have a good career now

what the OP said is true though: if she repeats her claims again he can sue her again. More than before actually since now there is a judgement in his favour on this matter.

I'd ignore DV & IPV "experts" because they always take the womens side no matter what and seem less concerned about the right or wrongs of this case but rather (rightfully) about what it means for survivors who are actually innocent and how they will be treated (in my personal opinion it's very problematic that DV claims are deemed defamatory especially when there actually are some indicators, it'll scare genuine victims off), no matter what you think of this case it's obvious that neither is innocent, but "mutual abuse" is something those experts dont like because they always work on the assumption that the woman just reacted to abuse (this is in this case perhaps not too frustrating because Depp is clearly not innocent, but it gets very frustrating in the few cases where the woman is clearly the abusive party)

This settlement is a PR move more than anything: another trial would have costed them another 3-4 years of their careers and further tanked both careers. Amber is close to the age where most women in Hollywood cease to exist, and Depp is close to the age where just A-listers really survive. Amber can claim she won because "she wont be silenced" and say "her truth" and can continue pretend to be a DV advocator, and Depp can claim that he was right. In my opinion though both lost: neither this nor the UK trial should have happened. the second Amber dropped her Restraining Order request they should have never mentioned this again. Both would have a good career now
But if you follow your train of thought then you should conclude that Heard's essay in the Washington Post should not have happened - both would have had a good career then.

Because after the essay was published Depp lost his Pirates role (and other roles? I cannot remember, but remember that his agent testified that Depp was hard to place after the essay was published and people dropped him) and then Depp sued.

Reactions: 2
He's still worth around $200 million as he still owns property in France, LA and his island. There were rumours that he also has a house over here in East Sussex, near to Jeff & Sandra Beck's home. I only realised this week that Jeff Beck sang 'Hi Ho Silver Lining'......as I am not familiar with his music.

• Haha
But if you follow your train of thought then you should conclude that Heard's essay in the Washington Post should not have happened - both would have had a good career then.

Because after the essay was published Depp lost his Pirates role (and other roles? I cannot remember, but remember that his agent testified that Depp was hard to place after the essay was published and people dropped him) and then Depp sued.
I dont disagree with that, her op-ed was stupid particulary as at the time she was firmly seen as a victim due to her TRO request, when you know there is unpublished material that uncover yourself but the public narrative is different you are best advised to zip it. she probably thought Depp will just stay silent about it for the sake of his career.

having said this I think the UK trial did an enormous damage for Depp, it was a trial impossible to win and was never really about if the abuse happened or not, yet everyone took it as proof including the industry (he lost FB after this for example). neither handled any of this well but I think ultimately Depp lost the most even if the last trial evened it a bit more

That’s not true, the judgement is no longer enforceable and she’s been released from liability - the settlement means she’s no longer liable for defamation as the settlement takes place of the jury’s verdict.
You are right about the NDA, my apologies got that confused there! They couldn’t get her to sign one so she’s not gagged against saying anything.

That’s not true, the judgement is no longer enforceable and she’s been released from liability - the settlement means she’s no longer liable for defamation as the settlement takes place of the jury’s verdict.
You are right about the NDA, my apologies got that confused there! They couldn’t get her to sign one so she’s not gagged against saying anything.
According to the statement from his lawyers, the judgement very much still stands. She's agreed to drop appeal proceedings and in return he's agreed to take less money from her. You don't get to just dismiss a jury verdict because you 'don't accept liability'. Her statement is just her trying to save face by making this look like a good thing for her.

1671534571908.png

• Heart
According to the statement from his lawyers, the judgement very much still stands. She's agreed to drop appeal proceedings and in return he's agreed to take less money from her. You don't get to just dismiss a jury verdict because you 'don't accept liability'. Her statement is just her trying to save face by making this look like a good thing for her.

View attachment 1820175
According to various lawyers it really doesnt.
3A8E34A9-FC2A-46FC-83C4-19FB58C8EEEB.jpeg
1642DC6F-3287-4419-94FA-62DDEA7F2E2C.jpeg

Reactions: 1